Re: [stoics] Re: Greetings!

  • Michel Daw
    Message 1 of 12 , Jun 1, 2009
      Grand! Lively forum, some great posts that make you think. Occasional hair-splitting and dancing angel analyses (when pin-heads are referenced) but if you look past that, there are some things to be learned from these folks. I mostly just lurk.

      On Sun, May 31, 2009 at 11:17 PM, brettwheatsimms <brettwheatsimms@...> wrote:

      Hey michel!!! I was going I'd catch up with some registry folks. I hope you're well.

      Warmly
      Brett

      --- In stoics@yahoogroups.com, Michel Daw <michel.daw@...> wrote:

      > Hey Brett! Fancy meeting you here! (Waves frantically)
      >
      > On Sun, May 31, 2009 at 7:25 PM, brettwheatsimms
      > <brettwheatsimms@...>wrote:

      > > Hi all,
      > >
      > > I'm new to the forum, though not new to stoicism. As a matter of fact, I've
      > > lived with Marcus Aurelius's Mediations for about 10 years now.
      > >
      > > While I've read lots and lots of stoic material, I really would like to
      > > immerse myself in a stoic community.
      > >
      > > Thanks and take care,
      > > Brett

    • Stoic Stoic
      Message 2 of 12 , Jun 3, 2009
        Hey Brett,

        This is Jules, I interviewed you a while back about Stoicism... Hope you're well,

        Jules

        I was hoping i'd catch up with some registry folks on here. How've you been? I hope well!

        Warmly

        Brett

        --- In stoics@yahoogroups. com, Michel Daw <michel.daw@ ...> wrote:

        > Hey Brett! Fancy meeting you here! (Waves frantically)
        >
        > On Sun, May 31, 2009 at 7:25 PM, brettwheatsimms
        > <brettwheatsimms@ ...>wrote:
        >

        > > Hi all,
        > >
        > > I'm new to the forum, though not new to stoicism. As a matter of fact, I've
        > > lived with Marcus Aurelius's Mediations for about 10 years now.
        > >
        > > While I've read lots and lots of stoic material, I really would like to
        > > immerse myself in a stoic community.
        > >
        > > Thanks and take care,
        > > Brett

      • Michel Daw
        Message 3 of 12 , Jun 3, 2009
          Jules? I didn't know you were here as well. We are having a right party arent we? :)

          On Wed, Jun 3, 2009 at 3:39 AM, Stoic Stoic <londonstoic@...> wrote:

          Hey Brett,

          This is Jules, I interviewed you a while back about Stoicism... Hope you're well,

          Jules

          New web site?

          Drive traffic now.

          Get your business

          on Yahoo! search.

          Yahoo! Groups

          Auto Enthusiast Zone

          Discover Car Groups

          Auto Enthusiast Zone

          Yahoo! Groups

          Mental Health Zone

          Learn about issues

          Find support

          .

        • Stoic Stoic
          Message 4 of 12 , Jun 3, 2009
            Hey Michel

            aint no party like a Stoic party

            Message 5 of 12 , Jun 3, 2009
              Why do i get the picture of a bunch of guys in togas sitting around with a quiet contemplative look on their faces. Wait that is the Peripatetic lounge. Ah here are stoics, you can find them from the noise their arguments are generating. (So much for passionless!) Enjoy the forum, I certainly do!

              Message 6 of 12 , Jun 3, 2009
                Hi Jules!

                Of course!  How are you doing?

                I'm sorry I kind of ducked out for a while.  I'll explain when time permits.

                I'm doing pretty well.  Work has been busy but I'm on vacation this week.  a much needed rest.

                Best wishes,
                Brett

                This is Jules, I interviewed you a while back about Stoicism... Hope you're well,

                Jules

                I was hoping i'd catch up with some registry folks on here. How've you been? I hope well!

                Warmly

                Brett

                --- In stoics@yahoogroups. com, Michel Daw <michel.daw@ ...> wrote:

                > Hey Brett! Fancy meeting you here! (Waves frantically)
                >
                > On Sun, May 31, 2009 at 7:25 PM, brettwheatsimms
                > <brettwheatsimms@ ...>wrote:
                >

                > > Hi all,
                > >
                > > I'm new to the forum, though not new to stoicism. As a matter of fact, I've
                > > lived with Marcus Aurelius's Mediations for about 10 years now.
                > >
                > > While I've read lots and lots of stoic material, I really would like to
                > > immerse myself in a stoic community.
                > >
                > > Thanks and take care,
                > > Brett

              • brettwheatsimms
                Message 7 of 12 , Jun 3, 2009
                  LOL!! From what I've seen, there's plenty of passionate discussion around here. That's good.

                  Michel and Jules: It's great to see you guys on here. I don't feel so new after all...:)

                  Best wishes,