Re: [stoics] Stoics and the Just Society

  • Thomas
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 1 4:41 AM
      ----- Message d'origine -----
      De : Timothy Anstiss <Anstiss.Shl@...>
      > we may not know a priori whether or not something is under out control. We
      > may only learn this by attempting to control it. Further, something may
      not
      > be under out control the first or even the seventh time we try it - only
      the
      > 23rd - for instance, a sporting skill.

      My understanding is that the only thing under our control is the correct use
      of reason. Outer circumstances and situations are never under our (perfect)
      control like reason is. So attempting to control an external situation may
      just fail the 24th time...
      Hello from
      Thomas (Belgium)
      Colamus humanitatem