Pantheistic?

  • clovers009@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 1 9:51 AM
      I have a philosophy text here (Invitation to Philosophy by Honer, Hunt and
      Okholm) that describes Stoicism as an ethical system and "the doctrine is
      pantheistic; living according to the all-pervading law is an individual's
      highest duty."
      (It does state previously that in Stoicism "virtue is the only good.")

      I haven't ever heard of Stoicism described as pantheistic. Where does that
      come from or is it false?

      Ginni