Hey everyone : )

  • ramstin
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 2, 2006
      Hi all : )

      Just thought I would introduce myself. I am currently
      serving in the Air Force. I am one of the few centrist Unitarian
      Deists serving(that I know of).
      Through a combination of the "Meditations" of Marcus Aurelius and a
      western civilization text book I realized that Deism must have a good
      ammount of Stoic influence. So I came here to learn about it : ) . My
      current library consist of works from Jefferson, Franklin , Thich Nhat
      Hanh, and Lincon and I am continually building it. Well that is enough
      about me. See all of you around the board.
    • DT Strain
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 3, 2006
        Welcome Ramstin! :)

        --- ramstin <ramstin@...> wrote:

        > Hi all : )
        >
        > Just thought I would introduce myself. I
        > am currently
        > serving in the Air Force. I am one of the few
        > centrist Unitarian
        > Deists serving(that I know of).
        > Through a combination of the "Meditations" of
        > Marcus Aurelius and a
        > western civilization text book I realized that Deism
        > must have a good
        > ammount of Stoic influence. So I came here to learn
        > about it : ) . My
        > current library consist of works from Jefferson,
        > Franklin , Thich Nhat
        > Hanh, and Lincon and I am continually building it.
        > Well that is enough
        > about me. See all of you around the board.

      • savvaal
        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 4, 2006
          Ramstin, I completely agree with you on how there appears to be a
          connection between Stoic philosophy and Deism. I too came to the same
          conclusion in a similiar fashion as you did, through Marcus Aurelius
          and Deist writings. It's good to know that I am not alone in thinking
          this way! :)

          Savvaal