35660RE: A flashcard representation of Stolic practice

  • ptypes
    Feb 11, 2014

      The discussions of "consistency" and "right action" led me to add something to my flashcard representation of Stoic practice.

      The aims of the three topoi:

      The Discipline of Assent: right opinions

      The Discipline of Desire: right desires

      The Discipline of Action: right action

      Right opinions are those that are consistent with the Logos; right desires are those that are consistent with the Logos of universal Nature; and right actions are those that are consistent with the Logos of human nature.

      Subject everything to judgment.

      Accept everything that happens.

      Do everything for the common good.

    • Show all 93 messages in this topic