35652Re: [stoics] RE: What is the right reason?

  • valter moreira
    Feb 5, 2014

      Great topic!.
      Dear Richard,
      I don't know if I'm attributing the especific meaning you are giving to the word "integrated", but if it's refering itself to the oikeiosis notions,that is,by knowing which circle one make part of--as a son or daugther,as sibling or a citzen,etc.--he, or she, become more concious of what especific role( set out by nature to him or her ) to play in social life senses,than I totally agree with you. Because thereafter one is able to act in acordance(consistently) with that role.

      Best wishes.

      On Feb 5, 2014 2:45 PM, "Richard" <pmsrxw@...> wrote:

      Dear Steve M

      I enjoyed your post.

      Would it be fair to summarize re: consistency as follows -

      "The More Integrated one Becomes [via Stoic practice],
      the More one's Reasoning or Judgment becomes consistent.
      Regards, Richard
      Man is not worried by real problems so much as by his imagined anxieties about real problems
      ~ Epictetus

      Yahoo Groups Links

      <*> Your email settings:
          Individual Email | Traditional