Dogtown Festivities

  • Tricia Overkamp
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 4, 2009
      Every year on St. Patrick's Day my brother Jake hosts an open house/keg party at his home on Tamm.
      For the last few years this is how I spent my St. Patrick's day, and I always go in costume.
      However, I'm the only faerie thus far.
      (cue maniacal cackling.)

      The deal is that they close off the streets during the day, usually starting at 8:30 or 9am. Last year what we did was part at my father's house at Childress and Nashville, then walk down to Jake's house on Tamm. I would need to know how many vehicles I'm housing for this, and you would need to be there early enough to not have to deal with the roadblocks. (or be willing to park up to a mile away on side streets outside of the blocked-off area.)
      Jake has also allowed parking on his property in the past but I'm not sure what his plan for this year will be. I will ask him.

      He usually charges a nominal $5 cover charge so that he can prove to the police that he has checked IDs. (That cover charge gets you a bracelet and beer from the keg.) He's on the tail end of the parade route near Manchester.

      The whole shebang is usually winding down by 4 or 5pm when they start opening the streets again. In the mean time there is the wonderful street party atmosphere, booths selling random merchandise in people's yards and stuff, and food/booze sold at the local Catholic church. Mwa ha ha!

      I'll talk to Jake about the logistics and let you guys know what the plan is. I figure that the Faeries and Leprechauns can converge on the local pub scene (Possibly even do a pub-crawl) after the street party dies down.