S t L S A N T A R C H Y 2 0 0 8

    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 17, 2008
      StL Santarchy 2008
      Saturday December 20th
      time to MARCH!!!

      HO HO uH-Oh! You better watch out, you better not cry, you better not pout, I'm telling you why: Santarchy is coming to town!

      It's time for St. Louis' own version of the time-honored tradition of Santarchy. "What is Santarchy?" you say? Santarchy is better experienced than explained, but I'll tell you this. Saturday December 20th, all those with the affinity for the FrEaKy, the curiosity of the CrAzY are invited to get dressed up in a Santa Suit and join us in celebration of and/or protestation to the holiday season.

      Dress as your own inner Santa or whatever other holidayesque outfit you create and join us for an all day march all around St. Louis spreading holiday cheer and presents. Yes, presents too. If you come across the mob of Santa's on December 20th you will most likely leave with a gift. Previous gifts have included candy-canes, lumps of coal, mutant toys, vegetables, special prizes, and many other twisted gifts for the naughty and nice little boys and girls.

      Santas shall stomp, stumble and spit across the city while chanting, "You better Watch Out! You better Watch Out! You better Watch Out! You better Watch Out!..." Come rampage through the city. All are welcome

      So get your Santa Suit on and come join us for StL Santarchy 2008.

      Attached is a printable pdf schedule and flyer.

      StL SANTARCHY 2008
      December 20th, 2008

      University City
      noon Bar Cicero's
      1:00 Bar Blueberry Hill
      1:58 Metro Delmar -> Forest Park DeBaliviere
      Forest Park
      2:15 Museum St. Louis History Museum
      2:52 Metro Forest Park -> Union Station Eastbound
      Union Station
      3:15 Bar Key West
      4:00 Bar Union Station Lobby Bar
      5:10 Metro Union Station -> Civic Center Station
      Stadium Side Trip Option (ALT)
      4:25 Metro Union Station -> Stadium Eastbound
      4:35 Stadium Pictures with Stan Statue
      5:09 Metro Stadium -> Civic Center Station
      Civic Center Station
      5:26 Bus #57 Manchester Westbound off@ Boyle Ave.
      The Grove
      5:40 Bar Premium Lounge
      6:30 Bar Novak's
      7:20 Bar Atomic Cowboy
      8:20 Bus Skoolbus Ride to Soulard
      8:34 Bus Manchester & Tower Grove (ALT)
      #59 Shaw-Kirkwood Northbound
      off@ 12th & Russell
      Soulard
      8:50 Bar Nadine's Gin Joint
      9:15 Bar Clementine's
      9:40 Bar The Shanti
      10:05 Bar 1860's Hardshell Cafe
      10:30 Bar Molly's
      11:00 Bus Soulard Farmers Market/Broadway
      #30 Soulard -> Arsenal/Grand
      11:00 Bus Skoolbus Ride to Soulard (ALT)
      South Grand
      12:00 Bar CBGBs
      1:00 Bar Mangia Italliano
      1:45 Bar Jade Room
      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 19, 2008
        S t L S A N T A R C H Y 2 0 0 8

        All right all you cRaZy Holiday revilers. Are you ready to get your Santa on!!! I've included once again the printable .PDF with the Flyer and Schedule info. And the bar specials I've included below. This is going to be AWESOME!!!

        Cicero's 1/2 Priced Apps, $1 off X-Mas Ales$ a Special $2 Shot
        Blueberry Hill $3 Buds, $3.50 Jager & Cuervo

        Key West Café 1/2 apps $3 Jagger $3 rail $2.75 domestics
        The Lobby Bar Great Atmosphere

        Premium Lounge 2 for 1 Beer & Rail Liquor
        Novak's $15 Beer Buckets
        Atomic Cowboy $1 PBR

        Nadine's Free Food Buffet
        Clementine's Free Popcorn
        The Shanti Free Pizza & Happy Hour Beer
        1864's Hardshell $2.50 Bottled Beer $3.50 Bombs
        Molly's $3 Peppermint Schnapps

        CBGB's No Deal
        Mangia Italliano $2.00 PBR
        Jade Room No Deal

        -Lohr
      • Bapi Gupta
        Message 3 of 5 , Dec 20, 2008
          Well, I have a feeling this is one of those schismatic annoucements like talking about politics or religion in a bar, but my peeps at 9th and Barton, at D's Place, have $2 beers and wells every night and will be very glad to see us tomorrow night.

          It's just 4 blocks south of the Shanti and I will be taking a side trip there myself with my girlfriend and some of my Soulard neighbors who will join you Santas, with me, at the Molly's stop.  I have to work at Imo's til about 10, but will bring pizza!  You may remember the pizzas I brought to Nadine's last year ;-)

          I'm not so big on CBGB's and all the smoke, though I do love Matt Wagner, whose meat you can't beat!  I may make my D's Place stop and still try to catch up with you guys for last call at Matt's bar.
          Some of you may remember our Landing stop a couple years ago when we dropped in at Joey B's and saw my friend Barbie, who set us up for the stop there (thinking about the tray of 100 shots!).  She's now working at D's and will be bartending tomorrow and will love to see us!

          Bapi

          Message 4 of 5 , Dec 20, 2008
            Well, I have to work some today and I am thinking I might get to
            join in at the Soulard area tonight. Will see.
            Go-Glenn

            --- In stlouis_santarchy@yahoogroups.com, Bapi Gupta <bapigupta@...>
            wrote:

            > Well, I have a feeling this is one of those schismatic
            annoucements like talking about politics or religion in a bar, but
            my peeps at 9th and Barton, at D's Place, have $2 beers and wells
            every night and will be very glad to see us tomorrow night.

            > It's just 4 blocks south of the Shanti and I will be taking a side
            trip there myself with my girlfriend and some of my Soulard
            neighbors who will join you Santas, with me, at the Molly's stop.  I
            have to work at Imo's til about 10, but will bring pizza!  You may
            remember the pizzas I brought to Nadine's last year ;-)

            > I'm not so big on CBGB's and all the smoke, though I do love Matt
            Wagner, whose meat you can't beat!  I may make my D's Place stop and
            still try to catch up with you guys for last call at Matt's bar.

            > Some of you may remember our Landing stop a couple years ago when
            we dropped in at Joey B's and saw my friend Barbie, who set us up
            for the stop there (thinking about the tray of 100 shots!).  She's
            now working at D's and will be bartending tomorrow and will love to
            see us!

            > Bapi

            Bar Specials!!!

            Message 5 of 5 , Dec 20, 2008
              Bapi has a girlfriend?  woohoo, looking forward to meeting her.
              the Shanti is on the sched for 9:40 and will provide us pizza - but cant have too much!

              i'm fighting a cold so will skip the visit to the folks older than me.
              i'm also conserving energy & cash by skipping the loop.

              the BF (who's at work right now) & I will be joining late afternoon - probably Union Station.  definitely want to do the Stanarchy photo at Busch III. we may be up for D's.  we're staying in Soulard 2nite, so probably will not head to Grand.

              Hey Santa, Ho Santa, Santa Santa Hey, Santa Hey, Santa Ho, SANTA.

               Babs

              To: stlouis_santarchy@yahoogroups.com