rides???

  • tarapherma
    Message 1 of 7 , Dec 15, 2008
      so how are you are planning on getting home from santarchy?
      Are you metro linking the whole way? Are you cabbing from home and back?
      I am curious, cause it seems since the route has changed this year, a
      couple of peep are just thinking about what to do when santa needs to
      go home.
      G and I are cabbing it...does there need to be some reasonable start
      off point from Grand-ish area? SO santa's can park, hitch on the
      metro and meet up in U-City at Noon then be close to where their cars are?
      Wasn't there talk of an after party?????
      Also, should there be a better buddy system this year? Lohr, you know
      what I am talking about.

      Mamakat
    • Bapi Gupta
      Message 2 of 7 , Dec 16, 2008
        i will be silly by midnight.  will conduct an apros pos version of a late night soulard, crash if you will, party at my house after midnight.  or maybe not, if you kids all go south grand.  i think i'll get lost and left if i go that far after the bewitching hour.

      • alienzen@earthlink.net
        Message 3 of 7 , Dec 16, 2008
          I realise I'm just a lone long-time lurker who has never participated, but this is a good point. The reason I don't participate is dealing with the hassle of being on the opposite end of town from my wheels at 2 AM when this thing ends... Has anybody ever considered a circular route, instead of a straight line?

          just my 4 cents...

          Peace-n-stuff
          Mike

          Message 4 of 7 , Dec 16, 2008

            I only have 2 rules for outings such as this:

            Nobody goes to the hospital, Nobody goes to jail.

            Driving after 12+ hours of drinking is a bad idea.  Maybe you don’t drink, or you think you’ll stop and sober up, but for most of us – drinking and driving don’t mix.

            We usually stay with friends or grab a hotel when we have points to do it free.  If you don’t have this option, maybe you have a friend or family member that will pick you up at the end of the night.  A cab is probably about 1% of the price of a DUI.

            If you feel you must have your car at the end of the night, park you car at where you will end and use public transportation to get to where you will join Santarchy.

            Choose tripfinder on http://tripfinder.metrostlouis.org/ to find a route that works for you.

            Message 5 of 7 , Dec 16, 2008

              To avoid the Santa’s missing trains, try to buy your pass early.

              If you ride the train to your first destination, you will already have your pass.

              You can also pre-purchase a 1-day pass at many Schnuck’s stores, then validate it on your first ride.

              I suggest using zip sort to find a convenient Schnucks, http://www.metrostlouis.org/Fares/FarePurchase.asp?offset=0

              For those purchasing at a metro station, put aside a crisp $5 bill for your purchase.  That will greatly speed up the line, and you wont end up with a bunch of $1 coins as change.  Many of the metro machines will NOT take a $20 bill – besides, do you really want that many coins as change?

              FYI – if you do not have a 1-day metro pass, buses are exact change only and do NOT sell  all day passes.

              HoHo-NoSnow

              Message 6 of 7 , Dec 17, 2008
                Santa doesn't need cars. He rides on a sleigh and rudolph drives.

                --
                Sent from my mobile device

                "They are not jackbooted Nazi thugs. They are merely German policemen
                in spiffy uniforms here to help us."
                - Vichy government (1941 - 1945)
              • Rae
                Message 7 of 7 , Dec 18, 2008
                  As it stands today, we are leaving our vehicle down from Jade. We're
                  trying to make arrangements with a friend to leave their car at
                  Ciceros so that they can pick us up and take us to the start and
                  we'll take them back to their car at the end. It would be nice if
                  there was a local afterparty wink wink so we don't have to be driving
                  late. If all goes as planned, we'll have room for two so you guys
                  (mamakat and gabe) wouldn't have to cab it. I'll keep you posted. The
                  best resolution allbeit prob not feasable would be for everyone to
                  leave their cars at one spot on grand and have the skool bus make one
                  trip to Ciceros :)

                  Rae

                  --- In stlouis_santarchy@yahoogroups.com, "barbara tabor"