Re: A date!

    Message 1 of 11 , Nov 13, 2008
      I had heard that as well, but Velvet posted on the Gateway Burners list
      yesterday that in fact, the Cabin Inn is open and hopping.
      ~rain

      --- In stlouis_santarchy@yahoogroups.com, "Kung-Fu-Rabbit"
      <jim.malina@...> wrote:

      > Last I heard...which was yesterday...the Cabin is closed again :( I
      > didn't even make it down this time for this incarnation. Oh well...I'm
      > sure there'll be another.
      > KFR
    • Kung-Fu-Rabbit
      Message 2 of 11 , Nov 14, 2008
        I think that my sources may have been incorrect on this one, the cabin
        has a website, www.cabin-inn.com
        and they have music on the schedule for the upcoming weeks. Judging by
        this, I would make the assumption that they are indeed still open.
        Sorry for the incorrect information that I earlier posted.
        KFR
        <jim.malina@...> wrote:

        > Last I heard...which was yesterday...the Cabin is closed again :( I
        > didn't even make it down this time for this incarnation. Oh well...I'm
        > sure there'll be another.
        > KFR
        > --- In stlouis_santarchy@yahoogroups.com, "Lisa Molnar" <lisaraa@>
        > wrote:
        > >
        > > I am fine with either date & the bus thing sounds really fun- I've
        never
        > > done a pub crawl with a bus...in past Santarchys I always rode
        > around with
        > > Bapi as taxi driver -haha!
        > > I would like to suggest a stop though...I heard that the Cabin Inn
        > the City
        > > @ City Museum is open again. I remember my first Santarchy- I think
        > 2004 (?)
        > > & it was really cool hanging around the fire pit!
        > >
        > > On Wed, Nov 12, 2008 at 7:54 PM, Tricia Overkamp <feyqueenmab@>wrote:
        > >
        > > > As long as the date is set, I can arrange my schedule, I think.
        > I will
        > > > make sure tomorrow. In
        > > > fact, with the date being so late, I'm thinking that our favorite
        > HoHoHo
        > > > (Tanya) may be able
        > > > to join us, as well as some Naughty Elves! I *love* the bus idea,
        > let me
        > > > know if it costs us
        > > > anything. We will cheerfully pitch in!
        > > >
        > > > For Santas not available on the 20th, may I humbly suggest a
        secondary
        > > > event?
        > > >
        > > > My Steampunk group is planning a caroling adventure. We're going
        > to dress
        > > > in our
        > > > SteamPunk Finery and run around like Dickensian Carolers. We're
        still
        > > > planning our route, but
        > > > the two front runners are Downtown St. Charles and the Washington
        > > > District/Landing.
        > > >
        > > > We're planning to carol our way from bar to bar (and probably some
        > of the
        > > > restaurants, too)
        > > > to eat, drink, sing, and be merry. Punked-up carols may be a part
        > of this
        > > > adventure.
        > > >
        > > > If you're interested in Steampunk in the St. Louis area, I recommend
        > > > joining our yahoogroup.

        > > > If you're not really into steampunk but want to dress up as Santa
        > and join
        > > > us, we'd welcome
        > > > you!

      • Barro
        Message 3 of 11 , Nov 14, 2008
          Yes, Velvet mentioned earlier in this huge volley of  emails going back in forth that they are indeed open Wednesday-Saturdays still.. Just under different ownership I believe (the museum itself owns it now if I remember what she said correctly)..

          El Barro III

          <jim.malina@ ...> wrote:

          > Last I heard...which was yesterday... the Cabin is closed again :( I
          > didn't even make it down this time for this incarnation. Oh well...I'm
          > sure there'll be another.
          > KFR
          > --- In stlouis_santarchy@ yahoogroups. com, "Lisa Molnar" <lisaraa@>
          > wrote:
          > >
          > > I am fine with either date & the bus thing sounds really fun- I've
          never
          > > done a pub crawl with a bus...in past Santarchys I always rode
          > around with
          > > Bapi as taxi driver -haha!
          > > I would like to suggest a stop though...I heard that the Cabin Inn
          > the City
          > > @ City Museum is open again. I remember my first Santarchy- I think
          > 2004 (?)
          > > & it was really cool hanging around the fire pit!
          > >
          > > On Wed, Nov 12, 2008 at 7:54 PM, Tricia Overkamp <feyqueenmab@ >wrote:
          > >
          > > > As long as the date is set, I can arrange my schedule, I think.
          > I will
          > > > make sure tomorrow. In
          > > > fact, with the date being so late, I'm thinking that our favorite
          > HoHoHo
          > > > (Tanya) may be able
          > > > to join us, as well as some Naughty Elves! I *love* the bus idea,
          > let me
          > > > know if it costs us
          > > > anything. We will cheerfully pitch in!
          > > >
          > > > For Santas not available on the 20th, may I humbly suggest a
          secondary
          > > > event?
          > > >
          > > > My Steampunk group is planning a caroling adventure. We're going
          > to dress
          > > > in our
          > > > SteamPunk Finery and run around like Dickensian Carolers. We're
          still
          > > > planning our route, but
          > > > the two front runners are Downtown St. Charles and the Washington
          > > > District/Landing.
          > > >
          > > > We're planning to carol our way from bar to bar (and probably some
          > of the
          > > > restaurants, too)
          > > > to eat, drink, sing, and be merry. Punked-up carols may be a part
          > of this
          > > > adventure.
          > > >
          > > > If you're interested in Steampunk in the St. Louis area, I recommend
          > > > joining our yahoogroup.
          > > >
          > > > http://groups. yahoo.com/ group/stleampunk /?yguid=6456839
          > > >
          > > > If you're not really into steampunk but want to dress up as Santa
          > and join
          > > > us, we'd welcome
          > > > you!

        • Lisa Molnar
          Message 4 of 11 , Nov 14, 2008
            Oh that's alright...I am just happy that they are open!!
            It would make for a really fun stop since most of us have not probably not been there in a long time!

            Message 5 of 11 , Nov 14, 2008
              we shouldnt wait until 12/20 to visit this lovely little bar.

              but i couldnt find any info on current hours.
              are they open on sundays?
              do they still have lots of fine schlafly products?
              how's the red wine?

               Babs

              To: stlouis_santarchy@yahoogroups.com
              From: caritasrainbow@...
              Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2008 21:12:59 +0000

              Message 6 of 11 , Nov 14, 2008
                no that was on the burner list not the santarchy list :)

                Cherry

                Message 7 of 11 , Nov 14, 2008

                  40/64 will be closed from kingshighway - 170 starting monday 12/15.
                  this could cause some intersting traffic patterns, so you may want/need to plan alternate car routes.

                  http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/news/stories.nsf/commutingtraffic/story/473D1B969DE615E0862575010045453C?OpenDocument

                  Message 8 of 11 , Nov 14, 2008
                    sure glad I already use 44 but this means so will a whole lot more people. BLAH!

                    Cherry