Re: A date!

  • Kung-Fu-Rabbit
    Message 1 of 11 , Nov 12, 2008
      Last I heard...which was yesterday...the Cabin is closed again :( I
      didn't even make it down this time for this incarnation. Oh well...I'm
      sure there'll be another.
      KFR
      --- In stlouis_santarchy@yahoogroups.com, "Lisa Molnar" <lisaraa@...>
      wrote:

      > I am fine with either date & the bus thing sounds really fun- I've never
      > done a pub crawl with a bus...in past Santarchys I always rode
      around with
      > Bapi as taxi driver -haha!
      > I would like to suggest a stop though...I heard that the Cabin Inn
      the City
      > @ City Museum is open again. I remember my first Santarchy- I think
      2004 (?)
      > & it was really cool hanging around the fire pit!
      >
      > On Wed, Nov 12, 2008 at 7:54 PM, Tricia Overkamp <feyqueenmab@...>wrote:
      >
      > > As long as the date is set, I can arrange my schedule, I think.
      I will
      > > make sure tomorrow. In
      > > fact, with the date being so late, I'm thinking that our favorite
      HoHoHo

      Message 2 of 11 , Nov 13, 2008
        I had heard that as well, but Velvet posted on the Gateway Burners list
        yesterday that in fact, the Cabin Inn is open and hopping.
        ~rain

        --- In stlouis_santarchy@yahoogroups.com, "Kung-Fu-Rabbit"
        <jim.malina@...> wrote:

        > Last I heard...which was yesterday...the Cabin is closed again :( I
        > didn't even make it down this time for this incarnation. Oh well...I'm
        > sure there'll be another.
        > KFR
      • Kung-Fu-Rabbit
        Message 3 of 11 , Nov 14, 2008
          I think that my sources may have been incorrect on this one, the cabin
          has a website, www.cabin-inn.com
          and they have music on the schedule for the upcoming weeks. Judging by
          this, I would make the assumption that they are indeed still open.
          Sorry for the incorrect information that I earlier posted.
          KFR
          <jim.malina@...> wrote:

          > Last I heard...which was yesterday...the Cabin is closed again :( I
          > didn't even make it down this time for this incarnation. Oh well...I'm
          > sure there'll be another.
          > KFR
          > --- In stlouis_santarchy@yahoogroups.com, "Lisa Molnar" <lisaraa@>
          > wrote:
          > >
          > > I am fine with either date & the bus thing sounds really fun- I've
          never
          > > done a pub crawl with a bus...in past Santarchys I always rode
          > around with
          > > Bapi as taxi driver -haha!
          > > I would like to suggest a stop though...I heard that the Cabin Inn
          > the City
          > > @ City Museum is open again. I remember my first Santarchy- I think
          > 2004 (?)
          > > & it was really cool hanging around the fire pit!
          > >
          > > On Wed, Nov 12, 2008 at 7:54 PM, Tricia Overkamp <feyqueenmab@>wrote:
          > >
          > > > As long as the date is set, I can arrange my schedule, I think.
          > I will
          > > > make sure tomorrow. In
          > > > fact, with the date being so late, I'm thinking that our favorite
          > HoHoHo
          > > > (Tanya) may be able
          > > > to join us, as well as some Naughty Elves! I *love* the bus idea,
          > let me
          > > > know if it costs us
          > > > anything. We will cheerfully pitch in!
          > > >
          > > > For Santas not available on the 20th, may I humbly suggest a
          secondary
          > > > event?
          > > >
          > > > My Steampunk group is planning a caroling adventure. We're going
          > to dress
          > > > in our
          > > > SteamPunk Finery and run around like Dickensian Carolers. We're
          still
          > > > planning our route, but
          > > > the two front runners are Downtown St. Charles and the Washington
          > > > District/Landing.
          > > >
          > > > We're planning to carol our way from bar to bar (and probably some
          > of the
          > > > restaurants, too)
          > > > to eat, drink, sing, and be merry. Punked-up carols may be a part
          > of this
          > > > adventure.
          > > >
          > > > If you're interested in Steampunk in the St. Louis area, I recommend
          > > > joining our yahoogroup.

          > > > If you're not really into steampunk but want to dress up as Santa
          > and join
          > > > us, we'd welcome
          > > > you!

        • Barro
          Message 4 of 11 , Nov 14, 2008
            Yes, Velvet mentioned earlier in this huge volley of  emails going back in forth that they are indeed open Wednesday-Saturdays still.. Just under different ownership I believe (the museum itself owns it now if I remember what she said correctly)..

            El Barro III

            <jim.malina@ ...> wrote:

            > Last I heard...which was yesterday... the Cabin is closed again :( I
            > didn't even make it down this time for this incarnation. Oh well...I'm
            > sure there'll be another.
            > KFR
            > --- In stlouis_santarchy@ yahoogroups. com, "Lisa Molnar" <lisaraa@>
            > wrote:
            > >
            > > I am fine with either date & the bus thing sounds really fun- I've
            never
            > > done a pub crawl with a bus...in past Santarchys I always rode
            > around with
            > > Bapi as taxi driver -haha!
            > > I would like to suggest a stop though...I heard that the Cabin Inn
            > the City
            > > @ City Museum is open again. I remember my first Santarchy- I think
            > 2004 (?)
            > > & it was really cool hanging around the fire pit!
            > >
            > > On Wed, Nov 12, 2008 at 7:54 PM, Tricia Overkamp <feyqueenmab@ >wrote:
            > >
            > > > As long as the date is set, I can arrange my schedule, I think.
            > I will
            > > > make sure tomorrow. In
            > > > fact, with the date being so late, I'm thinking that our favorite
            > HoHoHo
            > > > (Tanya) may be able
            > > > to join us, as well as some Naughty Elves! I *love* the bus idea,
            > let me
            > > > know if it costs us
            > > > anything. We will cheerfully pitch in!
            > > >
            > > > For Santas not available on the 20th, may I humbly suggest a
            secondary
            > > > event?
            > > >
            > > > My Steampunk group is planning a caroling adventure. We're going
            > to dress
            > > > in our
            > > > SteamPunk Finery and run around like Dickensian Carolers. We're
            still
            > > > planning our route, but
            > > > the two front runners are Downtown St. Charles and the Washington
            > > > District/Landing.
            > > >
            > > > We're planning to carol our way from bar to bar (and probably some
            > of the
            > > > restaurants, too)
            > > > to eat, drink, sing, and be merry. Punked-up carols may be a part
            > of this
            > > > adventure.
            > > >
            > > > If you're interested in Steampunk in the St. Louis area, I recommend
            > > > joining our yahoogroup.
            > > >
            > > > http://groups. yahoo.com/ group/stleampunk /?yguid=6456839
            > > >
            > > > If you're not really into steampunk but want to dress up as Santa
            > and join
            > > > us, we'd welcome
            > > > you!

          • Lisa Molnar
            Message 5 of 11 , Nov 14, 2008
              Oh that's alright...I am just happy that they are open!!
              It would make for a really fun stop since most of us have not probably not been there in a long time!

              Message 6 of 11 , Nov 14, 2008
                we shouldnt wait until 12/20 to visit this lovely little bar.

                but i couldnt find any info on current hours.
                are they open on sundays?
                do they still have lots of fine schlafly products?
                how's the red wine?

                 Babs

                To: stlouis_santarchy@yahoogroups.com
                From: caritasrainbow@...
                Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2008 21:12:59 +0000

                Message 7 of 11 , Nov 14, 2008
                  no that was on the burner list not the santarchy list :)

                  Cherry

                  Message 8 of 11 , Nov 14, 2008

                    40/64 will be closed from kingshighway - 170 starting monday 12/15.
                    this could cause some intersting traffic patterns, so you may want/need to plan alternate car routes.

                    http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/news/stories.nsf/commutingtraffic/story/473D1B969DE615E0862575010045453C?OpenDocument

                    Message 9 of 11 , Nov 14, 2008
                      sure glad I already use 44 but this means so will a whole lot more people. BLAH!

                      Cherry