A date!

  • Tricia Overkamp
    Message 1 of 11 , Nov 12, 2008
      As long as the date is set, I can arrange my schedule, I think. I will make sure tomorrow. In
      fact, with the date being so late, I'm thinking that our favorite HoHoHo (Tanya) may be able
      to join us, as well as some Naughty Elves! I *love* the bus idea, let me know if it costs us
      anything. We will cheerfully pitch in!

      For Santas not available on the 20th, may I humbly suggest a secondary event?

      My Steampunk group is planning a caroling adventure. We're going to dress in our
      SteamPunk Finery and run around like Dickensian Carolers. We're still planning our route, but
      the two front runners are Downtown St. Charles and the Washington District/Landing.

      We're planning to carol our way from bar to bar (and probably some of the restaurants, too)
      to eat, drink, sing, and be merry. Punked-up carols may be a part of this adventure.

      If you're interested in Steampunk in the St. Louis area, I recommend joining our yahoogroup.

      If you're not really into steampunk but want to dress up as Santa and join us, we'd welcome
      you!
    • Lisa Molnar

        Message 3 of 11 , Nov 12, 2008
          Last I heard...which was yesterday...the Cabin is closed again :( I
          didn't even make it down this time for this incarnation. Oh well...I'm
          sure there'll be another.
          KFR
          --- In stlouis_santarchy@yahoogroups.com, "Lisa Molnar" <lisaraa@...>

          Message 4 of 11 , Nov 13, 2008
            I had heard that as well, but Velvet posted on the Gateway Burners list
            yesterday that in fact, the Cabin Inn is open and hopping.
            ~rain

            --- In stlouis_santarchy@yahoogroups.com, "Kung-Fu-Rabbit"
            <jim.malina@...> wrote:

            > Last I heard...which was yesterday...the Cabin is closed again :( I
            > didn't even make it down this time for this incarnation. Oh well...I'm
            > sure there'll be another.
            > KFR
          • Kung-Fu-Rabbit
            Message 5 of 11 , Nov 14, 2008
              I think that my sources may have been incorrect on this one, the cabin
              has a website, www.cabin-inn.com
              and they have music on the schedule for the upcoming weeks. Judging by
              this, I would make the assumption that they are indeed still open.
              Sorry for the incorrect information that I earlier posted.
              KFR
              <jim.malina@...> wrote:

              > Last I heard...which was yesterday...the Cabin is closed again :( I
              > didn't even make it down this time for this incarnation. Oh well...I'm
              > sure there'll be another.
              > KFR
              > --- In stlouis_santarchy@yahoogroups.com, "Lisa Molnar" <lisaraa@>
              > wrote:
              > >
              > > I am fine with either date & the bus thing sounds really fun- I've
              never
              > > done a pub crawl with a bus...in past Santarchys I always rode
              > around with
              > > Bapi as taxi driver -haha!
              > > I would like to suggest a stop though...I heard that the Cabin Inn
              > the City
              > > @ City Museum is open again. I remember my first Santarchy- I think
              > 2004 (?)
              > > & it was really cool hanging around the fire pit!
              > >
              > > On Wed, Nov 12, 2008 at 7:54 PM, Tricia Overkamp <feyqueenmab@>wrote:
              > >
              > > > As long as the date is set, I can arrange my schedule, I think.
              > I will
              > > > make sure tomorrow. In
              > > > fact, with the date being so late, I'm thinking that our favorite
              > HoHoHo
              > > > (Tanya) may be able
              > > > to join us, as well as some Naughty Elves! I *love* the bus idea,
              > let me
              > > > know if it costs us
              > > > anything. We will cheerfully pitch in!
              > > >
              > > > For Santas not available on the 20th, may I humbly suggest a
              secondary
              > > > event?
              > > >
              > > > My Steampunk group is planning a caroling adventure. We're going
              > to dress
              > > > in our
              > > > SteamPunk Finery and run around like Dickensian Carolers. We're
              still
              > > > planning our route, but
              > > > the two front runners are Downtown St. Charles and the Washington
              > > > District/Landing.
              > > >
              > > > We're planning to carol our way from bar to bar (and probably some
              > of the
              > > > restaurants, too)
              > > > to eat, drink, sing, and be merry. Punked-up carols may be a part
              > of this
              > > > adventure.
              > > >
              > > > If you're interested in Steampunk in the St. Louis area, I recommend
              > > > joining our yahoogroup.

              > > > If you're not really into steampunk but want to dress up as Santa
              > and join
              > > > us, we'd welcome
              > > > you!

            • Barro
              Message 6 of 11 , Nov 14, 2008
                Yes, Velvet mentioned earlier in this huge volley of  emails going back in forth that they are indeed open Wednesday-Saturdays still.. Just under different ownership I believe (the museum itself owns it now if I remember what she said correctly)..

                El Barro III

                <jim.malina@ ...> wrote:

                > Last I heard...which was yesterday... the Cabin is closed again :( I
                > didn't even make it down this time for this incarnation. Oh well...I'm
                > sure there'll be another.
                > KFR
                > --- In stlouis_santarchy@ yahoogroups. com, "Lisa Molnar" <lisaraa@>
                > wrote:
                > >
                > > I am fine with either date & the bus thing sounds really fun- I've
                never
                > > done a pub crawl with a bus...in past Santarchys I always rode
                > around with
                > > Bapi as taxi driver -haha!
                > > I would like to suggest a stop though...I heard that the Cabin Inn
                > the City
                > > @ City Museum is open again. I remember my first Santarchy- I think
                > 2004 (?)
                > > & it was really cool hanging around the fire pit!
                > >
                > > On Wed, Nov 12, 2008 at 7:54 PM, Tricia Overkamp <feyqueenmab@ >wrote:
                > >
                > > > As long as the date is set, I can arrange my schedule, I think.
                > I will
                > > > make sure tomorrow. In
                > > > fact, with the date being so late, I'm thinking that our favorite
                > HoHoHo
                > > > (Tanya) may be able
                > > > to join us, as well as some Naughty Elves! I *love* the bus idea,
                > let me
                > > > know if it costs us
                > > > anything. We will cheerfully pitch in!
                > > >
                > > > For Santas not available on the 20th, may I humbly suggest a
                secondary
                > > > event?
                > > >
                > > > My Steampunk group is planning a caroling adventure. We're going
                > to dress
                > > > in our
                > > > SteamPunk Finery and run around like Dickensian Carolers. We're
                still
                > > > planning our route, but
                > > > the two front runners are Downtown St. Charles and the Washington
                > > > District/Landing.
                > > >
                > > > We're planning to carol our way from bar to bar (and probably some
                > of the
                > > > restaurants, too)
                > > > to eat, drink, sing, and be merry. Punked-up carols may be a part
                > of this
                > > > adventure.
                > > >
                > > > If you're interested in Steampunk in the St. Louis area, I recommend
                > > > joining our yahoogroup.
                > > >
                > > > http://groups. yahoo.com/ group/stleampunk /?yguid=6456839
                > > >
                > > > If you're not really into steampunk but want to dress up as Santa
                > and join
                > > > us, we'd welcome
                > > > you!

              • Lisa Molnar
                Message 7 of 11 , Nov 14, 2008
                  Oh that's alright...I am just happy that they are open!!
                  It would make for a really fun stop since most of us have not probably not been there in a long time!

                  Message 8 of 11 , Nov 14, 2008
                    we shouldnt wait until 12/20 to visit this lovely little bar.

                    but i couldnt find any info on current hours.
                    are they open on sundays?
                    do they still have lots of fine schlafly products?
                    how's the red wine?

                     Babs

                    To: stlouis_santarchy@yahoogroups.com
                    From: caritasrainbow@...
                    Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2008 21:12:59 +0000

                    Message 9 of 11 , Nov 14, 2008
                      no that was on the burner list not the santarchy list :)

                      Cherry

                      Message 10 of 11 , Nov 14, 2008

                        40/64 will be closed from kingshighway - 170 starting monday 12/15.
                        this could cause some intersting traffic patterns, so you may want/need to plan alternate car routes.

                        http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/news/stories.nsf/commutingtraffic/story/473D1B969DE615E0862575010045453C?OpenDocument

                        Message 11 of 11 , Nov 14, 2008
                          sure glad I already use 44 but this means so will a whole lot more people. BLAH!

                          Cherry