Re: [stlouis_santarchy] Santarchy Date....(a long missive)

    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 12, 2008
      I agree, what about parking the bus at a way point where public
      transport becomes flaky, like union station, from there the bus could
      take us to south grand then the grove then soulard or some other mash
      up

      --
      Sent from my mobile device

      "They are not jackbooted Nazi thugs. They are merely German policemen
      in spiffy uniforms here to help us."
      - Vichy government (1941 - 1945)
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 12, 2008

        I posted the travel advisory for those who drive to the santarchy venues rather than take public transit, and to be aware of it in planning bus routes.

        It was not intended to sway the date.  Sorry it was outdated.  Maybe THE santa will bring me new tri-focals.

        And I speculated the choice of the 20th may have been selected to accommodate the bus – I’m pretty sure there were many reasons.

        Some of them probably valid (ouch – mostly kidding, but a little unhappy).  The late date still makes it a deal stopper for many santas..

        I don’t think the bus is intended to replace public transit, but to enable late night transportation with out waiting on buses that are on/off an hourly schedule.

        So there will still be plenty of mass transit interaction early in the day when shoppers and kids will be co-riders.

        My concerns with the bus would be the possibility of having more santas than will squeeze on.  But with the choice of the 20th, I don’t think that will be an issue.

        We are trying to make the official date, but if we can not make certain arrangements, we will not be in attendance for 2008.

        I don’t want to see a split of santarchy into 2 dates.  But rather than be archy-less, I may have to do a small alt-archy with friends on the previous weekend.

        No matter what we each decide to do, I ho-ho-hope everyone has a truly magical holiday.

        - this santa don’t need no padding.

      • James E. Semar, CEBS
        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 13, 2008
          also, as many have done in the past, a truncated SanTarchY is an option
        • Michelle Vollmar Powers
          Message 4 of 5 , Nov 13, 2008

            yes, Yes, YES!  I mean, HO, HO, HO!  I agree, and with the same tone and intent.  Although I think I’m one of the lucky ones, because I can at least make it, but will be on my own – God only knows what will become of me.  Ho, ho, uh-oh!

            If anarchy was easy, everyone would be doing it-uhm, so to speak.  But what about all those good (and bad) little boys and girls that might not get a visit from santa?  Brings a little scotch tear to my eye : (  Last year just wouldn’t have been the same without all those kids at the tattoo parlor -- and I mean that!  The only saving grace is that I know we will be going places that some can hitchhike, bus, (train), or yellow cab (santa bus) it.  I already miss everyone who can’t make it, seriously; and, I know that my drinking for you won’t make you feel any better, but it will make me miss you more…I mean, forget that I miss you more.  I hope something changes, so you all can make it.  I’m a dreamer, what can I say.  The sled must go on…

            Jingle my bells,

            Michelvis