Re: metro

  • Rae
    Message 1 of 14 , Nov 12, 2008
      It did put a new spin on things when we all needed to huddle waiting
      for the ghost bus but it was great fun when Super Dave Santa saved us
      all! I definitely want to keep The Grove on the route bcs it was the
      highlight of the night. The secret santa costume contest Novaks put on
      for us and then hitting our burner stomping grounds at Atomic was a
      blast. To this day, the owner still says it was the best party of all
      year. I say we just make sure we have a plan B for transportation in
      case the bus is late again. Maybe we could see if Dave would bring out
      the school bus and we offer him gratuity for gas...

      -Rae

      --- In stlouis_santarchy@yahoogroups.com, "convx4" <convx4@...> wrote:

      > Is there any way to keep the craw within the metro link train route?
      > At the end of the night we were stuck and out of luck at the Grove
      last
      > year. The snow was festive but the joy was long gone when the busses
      > stoped becouse of it.

    • Michelle Vollmar Powers
      Message 2 of 14 , Nov 12, 2008

        Particularly agree with the:

        fewer opportunities to hand out gifts and interract w/ boys and girls - boys and girls that wait all year long hoping to see Santas join them on their Metro ride or marching through their 'hood!  :o)

        ~Michelvis

        From: barbara tabor <barbaratabor@ hotmail.com>
        To: stlouis_santarchy@ yahoogroups. com
        Date: Wednesday, November 12, 2008, 11:00 AM

        the route 2 years ago did include busses.  that's how we got from downtown to soulard also.

         Babs

        To: stlouis_santarchy@ yahoogroups. com
        From: millsapm@yahoo. com
        Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2008 07:26:12 -0800

        Will one bus be enough?  How will we know, Santas do not typically RSVP.  Wouldn't want to have to leave Santas behind.  :o(

        I'm a fan of the MetroLink route personally.  It seemed to work out fine 2 years ago and I don't recall having to walk super far then.  The CWE walk was probably the longest back from Llywellen's but we took the bus there.  Could do that again, plan on taking the bus to Llywellen's then walking down Euclid on the way back, handing out treats to naughty boys and girls, with the Rosie's stop in between.  In case of inclement weather, maybe have a substitute bar, say Tom's instead of Llywellen's, which is very close to the MetroLink stop, so we are not relying on the bus.

        The date is Saturday, December 20, 2008

        It has been a battle of ideas, schedules, and resources, but the 20th it shall be. I am truly excited. So close to Xmas, the city will be in FULL holiday spirit, a wonderful background for our shenanigans.

        A special benefit of the 20th is the use of a school bus and sober driver to drag Santas around for part of the rampage, preventing a repeat of the deporable MetroBus failure of 2007.

        It would be nice if a given date in December worked for all the Santas but sadly there is not such magical date. There never is.

        So get your Santa Suit on and come join us for StL Santarchy 2008.

      • convx4
        Message 3 of 14 , Nov 12, 2008
          I would prefer staying on or close to the metro train route. If this
          Santa has a little elf emergency he might have to head back
          to the north pole. This Santa get lost easily.

          --- In stlouis_santarchy@yahoogroups.com, "Michelle Vollmar Powers"
          <michelle@...> wrote:

          > Particularly agree with the:
          >
          > fewer opportunities to hand out gifts and interract w/ boys and
          girls -
          > boys and girls that wait all year long hoping to see Santas join
          them on
          > their Metro ride or marching through their 'hood! :o)
          >
          > ~Michelvis
          >
          > ________________________________

          Gainey
          > Sent: Wednesday, November 12, 2008 12:45 PM
          > To: stlouis_santarchy@yahoogroups.com
          > Subject: RE: [stlouis_santarchy] S t L S A N T A R C H Y 2 0 0 8 -
          Sat.

          Message 4 of 14 , Nov 14, 2008
            sounds like you should bring santa supervision (sober-ish friend with a sense of direction),
            along with enough cab money to get you back to the metro link.

            throw a change of drawers in your santa sack for those elf emergencies.

             Babs

            To: stlouis_santarchy@yahoogroups.com
            From: convx4@...
            Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2008 23:59:34 +0000