Re: [stlouis_santarchy] S t L S A N T A R C H Y 2 0 0 8 - Sat. Dec 20th

  • Amanda Gainey
    Message 1 of 14 , Nov 12, 2008
      Will one bus be enough?  How will we know, Santas do not typically RSVP.  Wouldn't want to have to leave Santas behind.  :o(

      I'm a fan of the MetroLink route personally.  It seemed to work out fine 2 years ago and I don't recall having to walk super far then.  The CWE walk was probably the longest back from Llywellen's but we took the bus there.  Could do that again, plan on taking the bus to Llywellen's then walking down Euclid on the way back, handing out treats to naughty boys and girls, with the Rosie's stop in between.  In case of inclement weather, maybe have a substitute bar, say Tom's instead of Llywellen's, which is very close to the MetroLink stop, so we are not relying on the bus.

      The date is Saturday, December 20, 2008

      It has been a battle of ideas, schedules, and resources, but the 20th it shall be. I am truly excited. So close to Xmas, the city will be in FULL holiday spirit, a wonderful background for our shenanigans.

      A special benefit of the 20th is the use of a school bus and sober driver to drag Santas around for part of the rampage, preventing a repeat of the deporable MetroBus failure of 2007.

      It would be nice if a given date in December worked for all the Santas but sadly there is not such magical date. There never is.

      So get your Santa Suit on and come join us for StL Santarchy 2008.

    • Rae
      Message 2 of 14 , Nov 12, 2008
        It did put a new spin on things when we all needed to huddle waiting
        for the ghost bus but it was great fun when Super Dave Santa saved us
        all! I definitely want to keep The Grove on the route bcs it was the
        highlight of the night. The secret santa costume contest Novaks put on
        for us and then hitting our burner stomping grounds at Atomic was a
        blast. To this day, the owner still says it was the best party of all
        year. I say we just make sure we have a plan B for transportation in
        case the bus is late again. Maybe we could see if Dave would bring out
        the school bus and we offer him gratuity for gas...

        -Rae

        Message 3 of 14 , Nov 12, 2008
          the route 2 years ago did include busses.  that's how we got from downtown to soulard also.

           Babs

          To: stlouis_santarchy@yahoogroups.com
          From: millsapm@...
          Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2008 07:26:12 -0800

          Message 4 of 14 , Nov 12, 2008
            True.  But I think that the only 'long haul' on a bus was the downtown to Soulard route.  Other than that, just some minor bus rides, nothing that couldn't be walked if need be or couldn't be substituted w/ another bar.  Short hops on the bus are OK, it just potentially causes problems when there's a lot of many long trips relying on the Metro bus like last year.

            Another con of taking a school bus versus Metrolink/short Metro bus hops, is there are fewer opportunities to hand out gifts and interract w/ boys and girls - boys and girls that wait all year long hoping to see Santas join them on their Metro ride or marching through their 'hood!  :o)

            To: stlouis_santarchy@ yahoogroups. com
            From: millsapm@yahoo. com
            Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2008 07:26:12 -0800

            The date is Saturday, December 20, 2008

            It has been a battle of ideas, schedules, and resources, but the 20th it shall be. I am truly excited. So close to Xmas, the city will be in FULL holiday spirit, a wonderful background for our shenanigans.

            A special benefit of the 20th is the use of a school bus and sober driver to drag Santas around for part of the rampage, preventing a repeat of the deporable MetroBus failure of 2007.

            It would be nice if a given date in December worked for all the Santas but sadly there is not such magical date. There never is.

            So get your Santa Suit on and come join us for StL Santarchy 2008.

          • Michelle Vollmar Powers
            Message 5 of 14 , Nov 12, 2008

              Particularly agree with the:

              fewer opportunities to hand out gifts and interract w/ boys and girls - boys and girls that wait all year long hoping to see Santas join them on their Metro ride or marching through their 'hood!  :o)

              ~Michelvis

              To: stlouis_santarchy@ yahoogroups. com
              From: millsapm@yahoo. com
              Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2008 07:26:12 -0800

              Message 6 of 14 , Nov 12, 2008
                I would prefer staying on or close to the metro train route. If this
                Santa has a little elf emergency he might have to head back
                to the north pole. This Santa get lost easily.

                --- In stlouis_santarchy@yahoogroups.com, "Michelle Vollmar Powers"
                <michelle@...> wrote:

                > Particularly agree with the:
                >
                > fewer opportunities to hand out gifts and interract w/ boys and
                girls -
                > boys and girls that wait all year long hoping to see Santas join
                them on
                > their Metro ride or marching through their 'hood! :o)
                >
                > ~Michelvis
                >
                > ________________________________

                Gainey
                > Sent: Wednesday, November 12, 2008 12:45 PM
                > To: stlouis_santarchy@yahoogroups.com
                > Subject: RE: [stlouis_santarchy] S t L S A N T A R C H Y 2 0 0 8 -
                Sat.

                Message 7 of 14 , Nov 14, 2008
                  sounds like you should bring santa supervision (sober-ish friend with a sense of direction),
                  along with enough cab money to get you back to the metro link.

                  throw a change of drawers in your santa sack for those elf emergencies.

                   Babs

                  To: stlouis_santarchy@yahoogroups.com
                  From: convx4@...
                  Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2008 23:59:34 +0000