S t L S A N T A R C H Y 2 0 0 8 - Sat. Dec 20th

    Message 1 of 14 , Nov 11, 2008
      HO HO uH-Oh!
      You better watch out, you better not cry, you better not pout, I'm telling you why: Santarchy is coming to town!

      The date is Saturday, December 20, 2008

      It has been a battle of ideas, schedules, and resources, but the 20th it shall be. I am truly excited. So close to Xmas, the city will be in FULL holiday spirit, a wonderful background for our shenanigans.

      A special benefit of the 20th is the use of a school bus and sober driver to drag Santas around for part of the rampage, preventing a repeat of the deporable MetroBus failure of 2007.

      It would be nice if a given date in December worked for all the Santas but sadly there is not such magical date. There never is.

      So get your Santa Suit on and come join us for StL Santarchy 2008.
      Message 2 of 14 , Nov 11, 2008

        I’ve heard rumors of some alternate transport for late night/off the metro routes.

        Lohr, are you in love? In jail? Both?  Should we start planning without you?

        Imo - Using metro only really restricts where we can go – unless we do a lot of walking (which doesn’t work for some people).

        Ho-bama

        Message 3 of 14 , Nov 11, 2008
          what a bummer, I thought the date had been voted on..what was the final verdict?  Is the 20th the date that got the most votes?  Too bad, don't know if Jim and I will be able to make it...but like you said, you can't please everyone!
          ...C

          To: stlouis_santarchy@yahoogroups.com
          From: stlouisburn@...
          Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2008 18:44:14 -0800
          Subject: [stlouis_santarchy] S t L S A N T A R C H Y 2 0 0 8 - Sat. Dec 20th

          The date is Saturday, December 20, 2008

          It has been a battle of ideas, schedules, and resources, but the 20th it shall be. I am truly excited. So close to Xmas, the city will be in FULL holiday spirit, a wonderful background for our shenanigans.

          A special benefit of the 20th is the use of a school bus and sober driver to drag Santas around for part of the rampage, preventing a repeat of the deporable MetroBus failure of 2007.

          It would be nice if a given date in December worked for all the Santas but sadly there is not such magical date. There never is.

          So get your Santa Suit on and come join us for StL Santarchy 2008.

          Get 5 GB of storage with Windows Live Hotmail. Sign up today.
        • Brad Finkeldei
          Message 4 of 14 , Nov 11, 2008
            I agree what a bummer I saw all the votes for the 13th and planned for that.. Don't think I can make it nor friends that were coming in town.

            Brad

            Sent from my iPhone

            To: stlouis_santarchy@ yahoogroups. com
            From: stlouisburn@ yahoo.com
            Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2008 18:44:14 -0800

            Message 5 of 14 , Nov 11, 2008

              Why was there voting if the date is chosen based on the availability of a bus and/or other reasons?

              I guess the electoral college vote was different than the popular vote.

              If we can swap custody weekend we will make the 20th,

              otherwise we might just stage a rogue Santa outing on the 13th (I’ve already bought my gifts).

              You better watch out, you better not cry, you better not pout, I'm telling you why: Santarchy is coming to town!

              Message 6 of 14 , Nov 12, 2008
                Lohr, I might be able to make the 20th.  Is there a cost for the bus?  Do we have a general time frame yet?

                Brad

                Sent from my iPhone

                Message 7 of 14 , Nov 12, 2008
                  Will one bus be enough?  How will we know, Santas do not typically RSVP.  Wouldn't want to have to leave Santas behind.  :o(

                  I'm a fan of the MetroLink route personally.  It seemed to work out fine 2 years ago and I don't recall having to walk super far then.  The CWE walk was probably the longest back from Llywellen's but we took the bus there.  Could do that again, plan on taking the bus to Llywellen's then walking down Euclid on the way back, handing out treats to naughty boys and girls, with the Rosie's stop in between.  In case of inclement weather, maybe have a substitute bar, say Tom's instead of Llywellen's, which is very close to the MetroLink stop, so we are not relying on the bus.

                  Message 8 of 14 , Nov 12, 2008
                    It did put a new spin on things when we all needed to huddle waiting
                    for the ghost bus but it was great fun when Super Dave Santa saved us
                    all! I definitely want to keep The Grove on the route bcs it was the
                    highlight of the night. The secret santa costume contest Novaks put on
                    for us and then hitting our burner stomping grounds at Atomic was a
                    blast. To this day, the owner still says it was the best party of all
                    year. I say we just make sure we have a plan B for transportation in
                    case the bus is late again. Maybe we could see if Dave would bring out
                    the school bus and we offer him gratuity for gas...

                    -Rae

                    Message 9 of 14 , Nov 12, 2008
                      the route 2 years ago did include busses.  that's how we got from downtown to soulard also.

                       Babs

                      To: stlouis_santarchy@yahoogroups.com
                      From: millsapm@...
                      Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2008 07:26:12 -0800

                      Message 10 of 14 , Nov 12, 2008
                        True.  But I think that the only 'long haul' on a bus was the downtown to Soulard route.  Other than that, just some minor bus rides, nothing that couldn't be walked if need be or couldn't be substituted w/ another bar.  Short hops on the bus are OK, it just potentially causes problems when there's a lot of many long trips relying on the Metro bus like last year.

                        Another con of taking a school bus versus Metrolink/short Metro bus hops, is there are fewer opportunities to hand out gifts and interract w/ boys and girls - boys and girls that wait all year long hoping to see Santas join them on their Metro ride or marching through their 'hood!  :o)

                        To: stlouis_santarchy@ yahoogroups. com
                        From: millsapm@yahoo. com
                        Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2008 07:26:12 -0800

                        The date is Saturday, December 20, 2008

                        It has been a battle of ideas, schedules, and resources, but the 20th it shall be. I am truly excited. So close to Xmas, the city will be in FULL holiday spirit, a wonderful background for our shenanigans.

                        A special benefit of the 20th is the use of a school bus and sober driver to drag Santas around for part of the rampage, preventing a repeat of the deporable MetroBus failure of 2007.

                        It would be nice if a given date in December worked for all the Santas but sadly there is not such magical date. There never is.

                        So get your Santa Suit on and come join us for StL Santarchy 2008.

                      • Michelle Vollmar Powers
                        Message 11 of 14 , Nov 12, 2008

                          Particularly agree with the:

                          fewer opportunities to hand out gifts and interract w/ boys and girls - boys and girls that wait all year long hoping to see Santas join them on their Metro ride or marching through their 'hood!  :o)

                          ~Michelvis

                          To: stlouis_santarchy@ yahoogroups. com
                          From: millsapm@yahoo. com
                          Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2008 07:26:12 -0800

                          Message 12 of 14 , Nov 12, 2008
                            I would prefer staying on or close to the metro train route. If this
                            Santa has a little elf emergency he might have to head back
                            to the north pole. This Santa get lost easily.

                            --- In stlouis_santarchy@yahoogroups.com, "Michelle Vollmar Powers"
                            <michelle@...> wrote:

                            > Particularly agree with the:
                            >
                            > fewer opportunities to hand out gifts and interract w/ boys and
                            girls -
                            > boys and girls that wait all year long hoping to see Santas join
                            them on
                            > their Metro ride or marching through their 'hood! :o)
                            >
                            > ~Michelvis
                            >
                            > ________________________________

                            Gainey
                            > Sent: Wednesday, November 12, 2008 12:45 PM
                            > To: stlouis_santarchy@yahoogroups.com
                            > Subject: RE: [stlouis_santarchy] S t L S A N T A R C H Y 2 0 0 8 -
                            Sat.

                            Message 13 of 14 , Nov 14, 2008
                              sounds like you should bring santa supervision (sober-ish friend with a sense of direction),
                              along with enough cab money to get you back to the metro link.

                              throw a change of drawers in your santa sack for those elf emergencies.

                               Babs

                              To: stlouis_santarchy@yahoogroups.com
                              From: convx4@...
                              Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2008 23:59:34 +0000