Re: [stlouis_santarchy] Re: Planning planning planning...

  • Lisa Molnar
    Message 1 of 15 , Oct 19, 2008
      Hi,

      I would also like to request the 13th...I really do not oppose the 20th, but I agree that it's a little to close to X-Mas & some people are either out of town, or working at a retail job.  I remember working retail & there is no possible way of getting off that Saturday before X-Mas!
      Also, a friend of mine can only make it on the 13th.
      I'm looking forward to this year...I missed last year because I was almost ready to have my baby Maya!

      Can't wait!

      Happy Halloween for now...
      Lisa

      On Fri, Oct 17, 2008 at 11:31 PM, Tricia Overkamp <feyqueenmab@...> wrote:

      I, too, work in retail and I want to humbly request the 13th, because we're hosting a retail
      event on the 6th and it would break my heart to miss being Santa with all of you!

      I'm also trying to put together a steampunk caroling group, closer to Christmas. Possibly
      on a Friday night, actually. I'll post a link with more details soon.

      Message 2 of 15 , Oct 28, 2008
        It's great to hear all the excitement about Santarchy already. Of course, picking the date as early as possible is always on peoples minds. Okay, as for the date, we must all realize that no matter what, some people are gonna hate what ever date gets picked. It's just that time of year, so lets talk more. I've created an online poll to collect some data about peoples interest between the 6th, 13th and 20th. That is a start.

        Negatives to think about.
        6th is early, not as much Xmas spirit in the air
        13th really sucks for people in school, it hits a lot of finals and gratuations.
        20th messes with retail workers who can't get off and travelers leaving town.

        All right, LET THE MADNESS BEGIN!!!
      • Brad Finkeldei

          Message 4 of 15 , Oct 29, 2008
            Is there a link to the online poll?

            --
            Sent from my mobile device

            "They are not jackbooted Nazi thugs. They are merely German policemen
            in spiffy uniforms here to help us."
            - Vichy government (1941 - 1945)
          • Lisa Molnar
            Message 5 of 15 , Oct 29, 2008
              I vote for the 13th...
              20th is still ok for me too....
              I agree that the 6th is a little early.

              On Tue, Oct 28, 2008 at 7:47 PM, Lohr <stlouisburn@...> wrote:

              It's great to hear all the excitement about Santarchy already. Of course, picking the date as early as possible is always on peoples minds. Okay, as for the date, we must all realize that no matter what, some people are gonna hate what ever date gets picked. It's just that time of year, so lets talk more. I've created an online poll to collect some data about peoples interest between the 6th, 13th and 20th. That is a start.

              Negatives to think about.
              6th is early, not as much Xmas spirit in the air
              13th really sucks for people in school, it hits a lot of finals and gratuations.
              20th messes with retail workers who can't get off and travelers leaving town.

              All right, LET THE MADNESS BEGIN!!!

            • Deech

                Message 7 of 15 , Nov 2, 2008
                  School and stuff, so the 20th.  (But I'm sure I could make the 13th work too.)

                  -Vanessa*