Re: Planning planning planning...

  • Tricia Overkamp
    Message 1 of 15 , Oct 17, 2008
      I, too, work in retail and I want to humbly request the 13th, because we're hosting a retail
      event on the 6th and it would break my heart to miss being Santa with all of you!

      I'm also trying to put together a steampunk caroling group, closer to Christmas. Possibly
      on a Friday night, actually. I'll post a link with more details soon.

      --- In stlouis_santarchy@yahoogroups.com, "Laura" <ltyrey@...> wrote:

      > I'm with you Bapi, anything later then the 13th and I wouldn't be
      > able to get the weekend off since I work retail and the thought of
      > missing santarchy just makes me sad.
      > Laura
      >
      > --- In stlouis_santarchy@yahoogroups.com, Bapi Gupta <bapigupta@>
      > wrote:
      > >
      > > I think the obvious dates would either be Saturday 12/06 or 12/13,
      > we usually don't get much closer to Christmas than that.  Does
      > anyone have any strong feelings about either of these dates?
      > >
      > > Also, has anyone been in contact with the other rumored Santarchy
      > group that had a similar event last year.  I think there was some
      > talk of merging with them - the more, the merrier, so to speak :-)
      > >
      > > Bapi

    • Deech
      Message 2 of 15 , Oct 18, 2008
        I'm down with the 13th as well.

        Let's all steamroller Lohr, he's gonna come back and we'll be all, "On the 13th, MOFO!"

        -Deech

        On Fri, Oct 17, 2008 at 11:31 PM, Tricia Overkamp <feyqueenmab@...> wrote:
        I, too, work in retail and I want to humbly request the 13th, because we're hosting a retail
        event on the 6th and it would break my heart to miss being Santa with all of you!

        I'm also trying to put together a steampunk caroling group, closer to Christmas. Possibly
        on a Friday night, actually. I'll post a link with more details soon.

        --- In stlouis_santarchy@yahoogroups.com, "Laura" <ltyrey@...> wrote:

        > I'm with you Bapi, anything later then the 13th and I wouldn't be
        > able to get the weekend off since I work retail and the thought of
        > missing santarchy just makes me sad.
        > Laura
        >
        > --- In stlouis_santarchy@yahoogroups.com, Bapi Gupta <bapigupta@>
        > wrote:
        > >
        > > I think the obvious dates would either be Saturday 12/06 or 12/13,
        > we usually don't get much closer to Christmas than that.  Does
        > anyone have any strong feelings about either of these dates?
        > >
        > > Also, has anyone been in contact with the other rumored Santarchy
        > group that had a similar event last year.  I think there was some
        > talk of merging with them - the more, the merrier, so to speak :-)
        > >
        > > Bapi

        <*> Your email settings:
           Individual Email | Traditional

        <*> To change settings online go to:
           (Yahoo! ID required)

        <*> To change settings via email:
           mailto:stlouis_santarchy-digest@yahoogroups.com
           mailto:stlouis_santarchy-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

           http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

      • Lisa Molnar
        Message 3 of 15 , Oct 19, 2008
          Hi,

          I would also like to request the 13th...I really do not oppose the 20th, but I agree that it's a little to close to X-Mas & some people are either out of town, or working at a retail job.  I remember working retail & there is no possible way of getting off that Saturday before X-Mas!
          Also, a friend of mine can only make it on the 13th.
          I'm looking forward to this year...I missed last year because I was almost ready to have my baby Maya!

          Can't wait!

          Happy Halloween for now...
          Lisa

          Message 4 of 15 , Oct 28, 2008
            It's great to hear all the excitement about Santarchy already. Of course, picking the date as early as possible is always on peoples minds. Okay, as for the date, we must all realize that no matter what, some people are gonna hate what ever date gets picked. It's just that time of year, so lets talk more. I've created an online poll to collect some data about peoples interest between the 6th, 13th and 20th. That is a start.

            Negatives to think about.
            6th is early, not as much Xmas spirit in the air
            13th really sucks for people in school, it hits a lot of finals and gratuations.
            20th messes with retail workers who can't get off and travelers leaving town.

            All right, LET THE MADNESS BEGIN!!!
          • Brad Finkeldei

              Message 6 of 15 , Oct 29, 2008
                Is there a link to the online poll?

                --
                Sent from my mobile device

                "They are not jackbooted Nazi thugs. They are merely German policemen
                in spiffy uniforms here to help us."
                - Vichy government (1941 - 1945)
              • Lisa Molnar
                Message 7 of 15 , Oct 29, 2008
                  I vote for the 13th...
                  20th is still ok for me too....
                  I agree that the 6th is a little early.

                    Message 9 of 15 , Nov 2, 2008
                      School and stuff, so the 20th.  (But I'm sure I could make the 13th work too.)

                      -Vanessa*