Re: Planning planning planning...

  • Laura
    Message 1 of 15 , Oct 16, 2008
      I'm with you Bapi, anything later then the 13th and I wouldn't be
      able to get the weekend off since I work retail and the thought of
      missing santarchy just makes me sad.
      Laura

      --- In stlouis_santarchy@yahoogroups.com, Bapi Gupta <bapigupta@...>
      wrote:

      > I think the obvious dates would either be Saturday 12/06 or 12/13,
      we usually don't get much closer to Christmas than that.  Does
      anyone have any strong feelings about either of these dates?

      > Also, has anyone been in contact with the other rumored Santarchy
      group that had a similar event last year.  I think there was some
      talk of merging with them - the more, the merrier, so to speak :-)

      > Bapi

    • brniidgirl
      Message 2 of 15 , Oct 17, 2008
        I have strong feelings to gather our belligerent selves together and
        stage a street fight against that other sacreligious, sad-sack,
        sucktastic Santarchy group.

        Picture it: All of us KEWL people are walking merrily along, drunk
        and sassy, swinging our giant candy canes around without a care in
        the world.

        Until all of a sudden out from the corner and the end of the block ,
        comes an angry throng of rogue Santas (those bastard Santas!). There
        is a brief pause, Spaghetti western style, canes ready and half
        cocked. Then we immediately go into fight mode: bashing the ends off
        the candy canes on the side of the building like bottles to make them
        sharp and ready to draw blood and we dance around all West Side Story-
        like... then we all fall over each other in a dazed, drunk, red
        velvety mass and emerge from the pile renewed with a fresh outlook on
        these bastards and THEN get them to join us... but only AFTER they've
        been jumped in by us veteran masters of mischievious mayhem, mirth
        and merriment...

        Just a suggestion.

        We could just do it for fun, instead of the real thing if it seems
        too, you know, violent...

        The 13th is cool by me; kind of "Christmas the 13th" and all...

        See you all later!!!
        ~l

        wrote:

        > I think the obvious dates would either be Saturday 12/06 or 12/13,
        we usually don't get much closer to Christmas than that.  Does anyone
        have any strong feelings about either of these dates?

        > Also, has anyone been in contact with the other rumored Santarchy
        group that had a similar event last year.  I think there was some
        talk of merging with them - the more, the merrier, so to speak :-)

        > Bapi

      • Tricia Overkamp
        Message 3 of 15 , Oct 17, 2008
          I, too, work in retail and I want to humbly request the 13th, because we're hosting a retail
          event on the 6th and it would break my heart to miss being Santa with all of you!

          I'm also trying to put together a steampunk caroling group, closer to Christmas. Possibly
          on a Friday night, actually. I'll post a link with more details soon.

          --- In stlouis_santarchy@yahoogroups.com, "Laura" <ltyrey@...> wrote:

          > I'm with you Bapi, anything later then the 13th and I wouldn't be
          > able to get the weekend off since I work retail and the thought of
          > missing santarchy just makes me sad.
          > Laura
          >
          > --- In stlouis_santarchy@yahoogroups.com, Bapi Gupta <bapigupta@>
          > wrote:
          > >
          > > I think the obvious dates would either be Saturday 12/06 or 12/13,
          > we usually don't get much closer to Christmas than that.  Does
          > anyone have any strong feelings about either of these dates?
          > >
          > > Also, has anyone been in contact with the other rumored Santarchy
          > group that had a similar event last year.  I think there was some
          > talk of merging with them - the more, the merrier, so to speak :-)
          > >
          > > Bapi

        • Deech
          Message 4 of 15 , Oct 18, 2008
            I'm down with the 13th as well.

            Let's all steamroller Lohr, he's gonna come back and we'll be all, "On the 13th, MOFO!"

            -Deech

            On Fri, Oct 17, 2008 at 11:31 PM, Tricia Overkamp <feyqueenmab@...> wrote:
            I, too, work in retail and I want to humbly request the 13th, because we're hosting a retail
            event on the 6th and it would break my heart to miss being Santa with all of you!

            I'm also trying to put together a steampunk caroling group, closer to Christmas. Possibly
            on a Friday night, actually. I'll post a link with more details soon.

            --- In stlouis_santarchy@yahoogroups.com, "Laura" <ltyrey@...> wrote:

            > I'm with you Bapi, anything later then the 13th and I wouldn't be
            > able to get the weekend off since I work retail and the thought of
            > missing santarchy just makes me sad.
            > Laura
            >
            > --- In stlouis_santarchy@yahoogroups.com, Bapi Gupta <bapigupta@>
            > wrote:
            > >
            > > I think the obvious dates would either be Saturday 12/06 or 12/13,
            > we usually don't get much closer to Christmas than that.  Does
            > anyone have any strong feelings about either of these dates?
            > >
            > > Also, has anyone been in contact with the other rumored Santarchy
            > group that had a similar event last year.  I think there was some
            > talk of merging with them - the more, the merrier, so to speak :-)
            > >
            > > Bapi

            <*> Your email settings:
               Individual Email | Traditional

            <*> To change settings online go to:
               (Yahoo! ID required)

            <*> To change settings via email:
               mailto:stlouis_santarchy-digest@yahoogroups.com
               mailto:stlouis_santarchy-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

               http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

          • Lisa Molnar
            Message 5 of 15 , Oct 19, 2008
              Hi,

              I would also like to request the 13th...I really do not oppose the 20th, but I agree that it's a little to close to X-Mas & some people are either out of town, or working at a retail job.  I remember working retail & there is no possible way of getting off that Saturday before X-Mas!
              Also, a friend of mine can only make it on the 13th.
              I'm looking forward to this year...I missed last year because I was almost ready to have my baby Maya!

              Can't wait!

              Happy Halloween for now...
              Lisa

              Message 6 of 15 , Oct 28, 2008
                It's great to hear all the excitement about Santarchy already. Of course, picking the date as early as possible is always on peoples minds. Okay, as for the date, we must all realize that no matter what, some people are gonna hate what ever date gets picked. It's just that time of year, so lets talk more. I've created an online poll to collect some data about peoples interest between the 6th, 13th and 20th. That is a start.

                Negatives to think about.
                6th is early, not as much Xmas spirit in the air
                13th really sucks for people in school, it hits a lot of finals and gratuations.
                20th messes with retail workers who can't get off and travelers leaving town.

                All right, LET THE MADNESS BEGIN!!!
              • Brad Finkeldei

                  Message 8 of 15 , Oct 29, 2008
                    Is there a link to the online poll?

                    --
                    Sent from my mobile device

                    "They are not jackbooted Nazi thugs. They are merely German policemen
                    in spiffy uniforms here to help us."
                    - Vichy government (1941 - 1945)
                  • Lisa Molnar
                    Message 9 of 15 , Oct 29, 2008
                      I vote for the 13th...
                      20th is still ok for me too....
                      I agree that the 6th is a little early.

                        Message 11 of 15 , Nov 2, 2008
                          School and stuff, so the 20th.  (But I'm sure I could make the 13th work too.)

                          -Vanessa*