Re: Planning planning planning...

    Message 1 of 15 , Oct 16, 2008
      I haven't heard a date yet.
      I just wanted to let y'all know that Lohr is currently out of town and
      I don't think he's online much if any. He'll be back sometime this
      weekend. That's why you're hearing crickets from his end.
      ;^)
      ~rain

      --- In stlouis_santarchy@yahoogroups.com, Brad Finkeldei
      <bradfinkeldei@...> wrote:

      > Do we have a date set yet for santarchy?
    • Bapi Gupta
      Message 2 of 15 , Oct 16, 2008
        I think the obvious dates would either be Saturday 12/06 or 12/13, we usually don't get much closer to Christmas than that.  Does anyone have any strong feelings about either of these dates?

        Also, has anyone been in contact with the other rumored Santarchy group that had a similar event last year.  I think there was some talk of merging with them - the more, the merrier, so to speak :-)

        Bapi

        <bradfinkeldei@ ...> wrote:

        > Do we have a date set yet for santarchy?

      • Laura
        Message 3 of 15 , Oct 16, 2008
          I'm with you Bapi, anything later then the 13th and I wouldn't be
          able to get the weekend off since I work retail and the thought of
          missing santarchy just makes me sad.
          Laura

          --- In stlouis_santarchy@yahoogroups.com, Bapi Gupta <bapigupta@...>
          wrote:

          > I think the obvious dates would either be Saturday 12/06 or 12/13,
          we usually don't get much closer to Christmas than that.  Does
          anyone have any strong feelings about either of these dates?

          > Also, has anyone been in contact with the other rumored Santarchy
          group that had a similar event last year.  I think there was some
          talk of merging with them - the more, the merrier, so to speak :-)

          > Bapi

        • brniidgirl
          Message 4 of 15 , Oct 17, 2008
            I have strong feelings to gather our belligerent selves together and
            stage a street fight against that other sacreligious, sad-sack,
            sucktastic Santarchy group.

            Picture it: All of us KEWL people are walking merrily along, drunk
            and sassy, swinging our giant candy canes around without a care in
            the world.

            Until all of a sudden out from the corner and the end of the block ,
            comes an angry throng of rogue Santas (those bastard Santas!). There
            is a brief pause, Spaghetti western style, canes ready and half
            cocked. Then we immediately go into fight mode: bashing the ends off
            the candy canes on the side of the building like bottles to make them
            sharp and ready to draw blood and we dance around all West Side Story-
            like... then we all fall over each other in a dazed, drunk, red
            velvety mass and emerge from the pile renewed with a fresh outlook on
            these bastards and THEN get them to join us... but only AFTER they've
            been jumped in by us veteran masters of mischievious mayhem, mirth
            and merriment...

            Just a suggestion.

            We could just do it for fun, instead of the real thing if it seems
            too, you know, violent...

            The 13th is cool by me; kind of "Christmas the 13th" and all...

            See you all later!!!
            ~l

            wrote:

            > I think the obvious dates would either be Saturday 12/06 or 12/13,
            we usually don't get much closer to Christmas than that.  Does anyone
            have any strong feelings about either of these dates?

            > Also, has anyone been in contact with the other rumored Santarchy
            group that had a similar event last year.  I think there was some
            talk of merging with them - the more, the merrier, so to speak :-)

            > Bapi

          • Tricia Overkamp
            Message 5 of 15 , Oct 17, 2008
              I, too, work in retail and I want to humbly request the 13th, because we're hosting a retail
              event on the 6th and it would break my heart to miss being Santa with all of you!

              I'm also trying to put together a steampunk caroling group, closer to Christmas. Possibly
              on a Friday night, actually. I'll post a link with more details soon.

              --- In stlouis_santarchy@yahoogroups.com, "Laura" <ltyrey@...> wrote:

              > I'm with you Bapi, anything later then the 13th and I wouldn't be
              > able to get the weekend off since I work retail and the thought of
              > missing santarchy just makes me sad.
              > Laura
              >
              > --- In stlouis_santarchy@yahoogroups.com, Bapi Gupta <bapigupta@>
              > wrote:
              > >
              > > I think the obvious dates would either be Saturday 12/06 or 12/13,
              > we usually don't get much closer to Christmas than that.  Does
              > anyone have any strong feelings about either of these dates?
              > >
              > > Also, has anyone been in contact with the other rumored Santarchy
              > group that had a similar event last year.  I think there was some
              > talk of merging with them - the more, the merrier, so to speak :-)
              > >
              > > Bapi

            • Deech
              Message 6 of 15 , Oct 18, 2008
                I'm down with the 13th as well.

                Let's all steamroller Lohr, he's gonna come back and we'll be all, "On the 13th, MOFO!"

                -Deech

                On Fri, Oct 17, 2008 at 11:31 PM, Tricia Overkamp <feyqueenmab@...> wrote:
                I, too, work in retail and I want to humbly request the 13th, because we're hosting a retail
                event on the 6th and it would break my heart to miss being Santa with all of you!

                I'm also trying to put together a steampunk caroling group, closer to Christmas. Possibly
                on a Friday night, actually. I'll post a link with more details soon.

                --- In stlouis_santarchy@yahoogroups.com, "Laura" <ltyrey@...> wrote:

                > I'm with you Bapi, anything later then the 13th and I wouldn't be
                > able to get the weekend off since I work retail and the thought of
                > missing santarchy just makes me sad.
                > Laura
                >
                > --- In stlouis_santarchy@yahoogroups.com, Bapi Gupta <bapigupta@>
                > wrote:
                > >
                > > I think the obvious dates would either be Saturday 12/06 or 12/13,
                > we usually don't get much closer to Christmas than that.  Does
                > anyone have any strong feelings about either of these dates?
                > >
                > > Also, has anyone been in contact with the other rumored Santarchy
                > group that had a similar event last year.  I think there was some
                > talk of merging with them - the more, the merrier, so to speak :-)
                > >
                > > Bapi

                <*> Your email settings:
                   Individual Email | Traditional

                <*> To change settings online go to:
                   (Yahoo! ID required)

                <*> To change settings via email:
                   mailto:stlouis_santarchy-digest@yahoogroups.com
                   mailto:stlouis_santarchy-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

                   http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

              • Lisa Molnar
                Message 7 of 15 , Oct 19, 2008
                  Hi,

                  I would also like to request the 13th...I really do not oppose the 20th, but I agree that it's a little to close to X-Mas & some people are either out of town, or working at a retail job.  I remember working retail & there is no possible way of getting off that Saturday before X-Mas!
                  Also, a friend of mine can only make it on the 13th.
                  I'm looking forward to this year...I missed last year because I was almost ready to have my baby Maya!

                  Can't wait!

                  Happy Halloween for now...
                  Lisa

                  Message 8 of 15 , Oct 28, 2008
                    It's great to hear all the excitement about Santarchy already. Of course, picking the date as early as possible is always on peoples minds. Okay, as for the date, we must all realize that no matter what, some people are gonna hate what ever date gets picked. It's just that time of year, so lets talk more. I've created an online poll to collect some data about peoples interest between the 6th, 13th and 20th. That is a start.

                    Negatives to think about.
                    6th is early, not as much Xmas spirit in the air
                    13th really sucks for people in school, it hits a lot of finals and gratuations.
                    20th messes with retail workers who can't get off and travelers leaving town.

                    All right, LET THE MADNESS BEGIN!!!
                  • Brad Finkeldei

                      Message 10 of 15 , Oct 29, 2008
                        Is there a link to the online poll?

                        --
                        Sent from my mobile device

                        "They are not jackbooted Nazi thugs. They are merely German policemen
                        in spiffy uniforms here to help us."
                        - Vichy government (1941 - 1945)
                      • Lisa Molnar
                        Message 11 of 15 , Oct 29, 2008
                          I vote for the 13th...
                          20th is still ok for me too....
                          I agree that the 6th is a little early.

                            Message 13 of 15 , Nov 2, 2008
                              School and stuff, so the 20th.  (But I'm sure I could make the 13th work too.)

                              -Vanessa*