Re: [stlouis_santarchy] Planning planning planning...

  • Brad Finkeldei
    Message 1 of 15 , Oct 15, 2008
      Do we have a date set yet for santarchy?

      Brad

      Sent from my iPhone

      On Oct 15, 2008, at 3:15 PM, "Tricia Overkamp" <feyqueenmab@...> wrote:

      Lohr, Kurt and I would love to help out with the planning for this
      year's excursion, too.
      Kurt may have a line on alternative transportation, for example.
      Deech, we'd love to work with you, too, of course!

      Tricia "MaryAnne Bright" of the LOLsanta signs...
      Kurt "Minkee Santa"

      Re: Santarchy 2008

      Message 2 of 15 , Oct 16, 2008
        I haven't heard a date yet.
        I just wanted to let y'all know that Lohr is currently out of town and
        I don't think he's online much if any. He'll be back sometime this
        weekend. That's why you're hearing crickets from his end.
        ;^)
        ~rain

        --- In stlouis_santarchy@yahoogroups.com, Brad Finkeldei
        <bradfinkeldei@...> wrote:

        > Do we have a date set yet for santarchy?
      • Bapi Gupta
        Message 3 of 15 , Oct 16, 2008
          I think the obvious dates would either be Saturday 12/06 or 12/13, we usually don't get much closer to Christmas than that.  Does anyone have any strong feelings about either of these dates?

          Also, has anyone been in contact with the other rumored Santarchy group that had a similar event last year.  I think there was some talk of merging with them - the more, the merrier, so to speak :-)

          Bapi

          <bradfinkeldei@ ...> wrote:

          > Do we have a date set yet for santarchy?

        • Laura
          Message 4 of 15 , Oct 16, 2008
            I'm with you Bapi, anything later then the 13th and I wouldn't be
            able to get the weekend off since I work retail and the thought of
            missing santarchy just makes me sad.
            Laura

            --- In stlouis_santarchy@yahoogroups.com, Bapi Gupta <bapigupta@...>
            wrote:

            > I think the obvious dates would either be Saturday 12/06 or 12/13,
            we usually don't get much closer to Christmas than that.  Does
            anyone have any strong feelings about either of these dates?

            > Also, has anyone been in contact with the other rumored Santarchy
            group that had a similar event last year.  I think there was some
            talk of merging with them - the more, the merrier, so to speak :-)

            > Bapi

          • brniidgirl
            Message 5 of 15 , Oct 17, 2008
              I have strong feelings to gather our belligerent selves together and
              stage a street fight against that other sacreligious, sad-sack,
              sucktastic Santarchy group.

              Picture it: All of us KEWL people are walking merrily along, drunk
              and sassy, swinging our giant candy canes around without a care in
              the world.

              Until all of a sudden out from the corner and the end of the block ,
              comes an angry throng of rogue Santas (those bastard Santas!). There
              is a brief pause, Spaghetti western style, canes ready and half
              cocked. Then we immediately go into fight mode: bashing the ends off
              the candy canes on the side of the building like bottles to make them
              sharp and ready to draw blood and we dance around all West Side Story-
              like... then we all fall over each other in a dazed, drunk, red
              velvety mass and emerge from the pile renewed with a fresh outlook on
              these bastards and THEN get them to join us... but only AFTER they've
              been jumped in by us veteran masters of mischievious mayhem, mirth
              and merriment...

              Just a suggestion.

              We could just do it for fun, instead of the real thing if it seems
              too, you know, violent...

              The 13th is cool by me; kind of "Christmas the 13th" and all...

              See you all later!!!
              ~l

              wrote:

              > I think the obvious dates would either be Saturday 12/06 or 12/13,
              we usually don't get much closer to Christmas than that.  Does anyone
              have any strong feelings about either of these dates?

              > Also, has anyone been in contact with the other rumored Santarchy
              group that had a similar event last year.  I think there was some
              talk of merging with them - the more, the merrier, so to speak :-)

              > Bapi

            • Tricia Overkamp
              Message 6 of 15 , Oct 17, 2008
                I, too, work in retail and I want to humbly request the 13th, because we're hosting a retail
                event on the 6th and it would break my heart to miss being Santa with all of you!

                I'm also trying to put together a steampunk caroling group, closer to Christmas. Possibly
                on a Friday night, actually. I'll post a link with more details soon.

                --- In stlouis_santarchy@yahoogroups.com, "Laura" <ltyrey@...> wrote:

                > I'm with you Bapi, anything later then the 13th and I wouldn't be
                > able to get the weekend off since I work retail and the thought of
                > missing santarchy just makes me sad.
                > Laura
                >
                > --- In stlouis_santarchy@yahoogroups.com, Bapi Gupta <bapigupta@>
                > wrote:
                > >
                > > I think the obvious dates would either be Saturday 12/06 or 12/13,
                > we usually don't get much closer to Christmas than that.  Does
                > anyone have any strong feelings about either of these dates?
                > >
                > > Also, has anyone been in contact with the other rumored Santarchy
                > group that had a similar event last year.  I think there was some
                > talk of merging with them - the more, the merrier, so to speak :-)
                > >
                > > Bapi

              • Deech
                Message 7 of 15 , Oct 18, 2008
                  I'm down with the 13th as well.

                  Let's all steamroller Lohr, he's gonna come back and we'll be all, "On the 13th, MOFO!"

                  -Deech

                  On Fri, Oct 17, 2008 at 11:31 PM, Tricia Overkamp <feyqueenmab@...> wrote:
                  I, too, work in retail and I want to humbly request the 13th, because we're hosting a retail
                  event on the 6th and it would break my heart to miss being Santa with all of you!

                  I'm also trying to put together a steampunk caroling group, closer to Christmas. Possibly
                  on a Friday night, actually. I'll post a link with more details soon.

                  --- In stlouis_santarchy@yahoogroups.com, "Laura" <ltyrey@...> wrote:

                  > I'm with you Bapi, anything later then the 13th and I wouldn't be
                  > able to get the weekend off since I work retail and the thought of
                  > missing santarchy just makes me sad.
                  > Laura
                  >
                  > --- In stlouis_santarchy@yahoogroups.com, Bapi Gupta <bapigupta@>
                  > wrote:
                  > >
                  > > I think the obvious dates would either be Saturday 12/06 or 12/13,
                  > we usually don't get much closer to Christmas than that.  Does
                  > anyone have any strong feelings about either of these dates?
                  > >
                  > > Also, has anyone been in contact with the other rumored Santarchy
                  > group that had a similar event last year.  I think there was some
                  > talk of merging with them - the more, the merrier, so to speak :-)
                  > >
                  > > Bapi

                  <*> Your email settings:
                     Individual Email | Traditional

                  <*> To change settings online go to:
                     (Yahoo! ID required)

                  <*> To change settings via email:
                     mailto:stlouis_santarchy-digest@yahoogroups.com
                     mailto:stlouis_santarchy-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

                     http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

                • Lisa Molnar
                  Message 8 of 15 , Oct 19, 2008
                    Hi,

                    I would also like to request the 13th...I really do not oppose the 20th, but I agree that it's a little to close to X-Mas & some people are either out of town, or working at a retail job.  I remember working retail & there is no possible way of getting off that Saturday before X-Mas!
                    Also, a friend of mine can only make it on the 13th.
                    I'm looking forward to this year...I missed last year because I was almost ready to have my baby Maya!

                    Can't wait!

                    Happy Halloween for now...
                    Lisa

                    Message 9 of 15 , Oct 28, 2008
                      It's great to hear all the excitement about Santarchy already. Of course, picking the date as early as possible is always on peoples minds. Okay, as for the date, we must all realize that no matter what, some people are gonna hate what ever date gets picked. It's just that time of year, so lets talk more. I've created an online poll to collect some data about peoples interest between the 6th, 13th and 20th. That is a start.

                      Negatives to think about.
                      6th is early, not as much Xmas spirit in the air
                      13th really sucks for people in school, it hits a lot of finals and gratuations.
                      20th messes with retail workers who can't get off and travelers leaving town.

                      All right, LET THE MADNESS BEGIN!!!
                    • Brad Finkeldei

                        Message 11 of 15 , Oct 29, 2008
                          Is there a link to the online poll?

                          --
                          Sent from my mobile device

                          "They are not jackbooted Nazi thugs. They are merely German policemen
                          in spiffy uniforms here to help us."
                          - Vichy government (1941 - 1945)
                        • Lisa Molnar
                          Message 12 of 15 , Oct 29, 2008
                            I vote for the 13th...
                            20th is still ok for me too....
                            I agree that the 6th is a little early.

                              Message 14 of 15 , Nov 2, 2008
                                School and stuff, so the 20th.  (But I'm sure I could make the 13th work too.)

                                -Vanessa*