Fw: () Artica 2008!

    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 12 4:12 PM
      ONE HUNDRED CREATIVE CITIZENS
      Call for 100 creative people.
      One hundred creative people in one place at one time can create a new world.
      This year the Black Rock Arts Foundation, from the people who bring you
      Burning Man, awarded grants to six art projects around the world.
      One in New York, one in Los Angeles, one in San Francisco,
      one in London, one in Beijing and one in St. Louis.
      Yes, this St. Louis. Yes, this project.
      Come be a part of this project.
      CALL TO ARTISTS
      On the weekend that the rest of America celebrates Columbus Day
      we will be celebrating the discovery of a new world.
      In the spirit of rediscovery and recovery a new world will be founded
      on the banks of the Mississippi River.
      We need one hundred people to help create it.
      On the cobblestones nestled between the arch and the ever-changing river a
      new world of creative freedom will be formed.
      That world will be Artica.
      October 10, 11 and 12 a society of radical self-expression and creativity
      will exist without the normal restrictions. No permits, fees, or licenses
      needed for busking, performing or making art within the Artica city limits.
      Take the opportunity to create art by the Arch and present it to the world.
      Watch the full moon rise up from the river and the sun set on the city.
      Be part of the Boat of Dreams parade.
      Create a circus of rapture! A carnival of dreams! A festival of the
      imagination!
      You can make this world whatever you want it to be!
      (No art installations may be taller than the arch and safety restrictions
      apply)
      Parades! Video! Music! Dance! Create! Celebrate! Participate!
      St. Louis is the creative center of the universe.
      St. Louis has 100 creative citizens.
      Are you one of them?
      How you would demonstrate it?

      Contact _Artica2003@..._ (mailto:Artica2003@...)
      Call: 314-369-7832

      For information _www.artica.org_ (http://www.artica.org/)

      I am one of the one hundred and I approve of this message.