A call for local performance artists:

  • Tricia Overkamp
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 23, 2008
      Hey there!

      Some of you are aware that I have been putting together a bit of performance art at the
      Pagan Picnic in Tower Grove Park for the last couple of years.

      It's called "The Living Tarot" and basically I'm looking for local costumers, performance
      artists, and/or students of the Tarot to participate.
      For this performance/ritual, I need (about 20) people to each represent one of the major
      archana cards. We stand in a large circle, and the person representing The Fool brings the
      audience in a few at a a time. The audience members are given a bag and instructions to
      visit the cards in whatever order they choose. Each "card" provides a brief description of
      the wisdom of that card, and a handful of seeds representing the seeds of knowledge.

      The Pagan Picnic is on June 7th and 8th this year. We do not perform on both days.

      It occurred to me that some of you might like to participate in this event. If you are
      interested, there's a Group set up here in the Yahoogroups.

      Please join and vote in the poll to chose your card. If you want me to choose a card for
      you, I can do that too. If you want to play but need help with costuming or props (or even
      a "script") I am happy to help you.

      Thanks!

      --Tricia
    • Cheryl Wilson
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 24, 2008
        Hey there, I would love to be a part of this!  I am a fire performer and I can eat, breathe, spin poi, candles, fans that sort of thing...Jim also is a fire performer, but I don't know if he will be available...I think we may have a gig w/Aalim on Sunday June 8th, but I know I am free on that Saturday!  Let me know what you are thinking in terms of costuming...I love costuming!!
        Cheryl

        To: stlouis_santarchy@yahoogroups.com
        From: feyqueenmab@...
        Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2008 16:31:46 +0000
        Subject: [stlouis_santarchy] A call for local performance artists:

        http://groups. yahoo.com/ group/livingtaro t/

        Please join and vote in the poll to chose your card. If you want me to choose a card for
        you, I can do that too. If you want to play but need help with costuming or props (or even
        a "script") I am happy to help you.

        Thanks!

        --Tricia

        Spell a grand slam in this game where word skill meets World Series. Get in the game.
      • Tricia Overkamp
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 28, 2008
          I have sent you an invitation to join the Living Tarot group, so come on over and see
          what's up!

          We will be doing this in the middle of the day at Tower Grove Park, so I actually don't
          know if we can do live fire performances. (I'll have to check) However, I'm sure we can
          come up with something wonderful! See you there!

          Anyone else?

          --- In stlouis_santarchy@yahoogroups.com, Cheryl Wilson <cheryl52199@...> wrote:

          > Hey there, I would love to be a part of this! I am a fire performer and I can eat, breathe,
          spin poi, candles, fans that sort of thing...Jim also is a fire performer, but I don't know if
          he will be available...I think we may have a gig w/Aalim on Sunday June 8th, but I know I
          am free on that Saturday! Let me know what you are thinking in terms of costuming...I
          love costuming!!
          > Cheryl
          >

          > To: stlouis_santarchy@...: feyqueenmab@...: Wed, 23 Apr 2008 16:31:46 +0000Subject:
          [stlouis_santarchy] A call for local performance artists:

          Yahoogroups.http://groups.yahoo.com/group/livingtarot/Please join and vote in the poll