Re: [stlouis_santarchy] Re: Santarchy 2007 pics

    Message 1 of 8 , Dec 17, 2007
      I'm all about the bunnies... There's a big bunny
      theme at Burning Man with the whole billion bunny
      march. There are people who dress as dogs to chase
      the bunnies, people who dress as carrots, people who
      dress as animal control to catch the bunnies (or the
      dogs trying to get the bunnies).
      ~rain

      --- Tricia Overkamp <feyqueenmab@...> wrote:

      > Bunny suits? Hm... I have a counter-proposal:
      > Leprechauns in March.
      >
      > "They're after me lucky charms!!!"

      Be a better friend, newshound, and
    • Rae
      Message 2 of 8 , Dec 17, 2007
        Deech, my man, all I can say is Ditto!! I too popped my Santarchy
        cherry and it was the best...more than what I expected. Seeing
        everyone's (well most everyone's) faces light up as we walked by
        storefronts and the employees wondering 'when the hell is the line
        of Santas going to stop?'! It was also amazing to take a moment to
        pause at the frontline during the 10 mile (haha) hike in the snow to
        reflect on the remaining Santas taking up 2 blocks; then later after
        leaving the next bar, realizing how far back I had fallen when
        hearing the megaphone song playing far in the distance ahead. What
        an amazing experience! I can't believe I missed the almost-fight!
        Where was I? lol Thnx for the hilarious re-cap Deech.

        I have got to give kudos to all the Santas who showed up w/your
        unique and marvelous costumes! Bare w/me a moment while I rave about
        a few special Santas that made it that much more meaningful to me.
        I'm sure as I start to regain strength, I will also regain memories
        and have more to tell...
        To Deech for 'lighting up the night', Z and Laura for being my rocks
        all night. You guys are wonderful people and great friends. I could
        not have done it w/out you!;
        To Lohr for organizing such a well-laid plan and great time, then to
        Barb for helping keep us all in line! God did we need it... Also,
        thnx Lohr for shouting on the megaphone so much that you lost your
        voice (we needed that too) and then sheltering the drunken,
        bewildered Santas;
        To Pet for finishing the sewing on my costume at 10am the day of
        Santarchy...let's never do that again! Also, thanks for wearing the
        long white fur coat and ski goggles. Everytime I saw you I thought
        of the abomindable snowman on the old Rudolph tv movie.
        To Bapi who is crazy as hell but I still like him hehe (send me
        photos baby!!);
        To Toh Joe who saved me from Bapi (god, that will never stop being
        funny);
        To John, the guy who was working at Union Station and inspired to
        buy a disposable camera to pics w/us at Key West. He later joined
        us...eventually saving the megaphone when he made a special trip in
        the snow to buy batteries. What a trooper!;
        To Kristie (I think) who joined the afterparty w/the infamous 4'
        candy cane...exactly what I wanted for Xmas. Hey did you know you
        left that behind or was that intentional haha?;
        To Tanya and Tricia (I hope I got that right). It was great to put
        faces to names. Can't wait to watch the dvd.;
        To Santana Claus (Alonzo) who drove 300+ miles to join the
        festivities and kept losing his "O"s...go J_se lmao!;
        To the person who gave me the play-doh dildo. I'm sorry to admit
        that I put it in Nova's utili-kilt back stocking and she later sat
        on it. Damn! haha;
        To Jim for making me grilled cheese and playing kitchen
        monitor/protector...nice save!;
        To Pickle for being Pickle. God you kill me! I luv it! :)
        To all that have or will post pics. Thank you thank you bcs my
        digital camera stopped functioning after snapping the second picture.

        There was so much going on that I know I missed a ton. Please, share
        your stories! I'd luv to hear about them and I'm sure the absent
        Santas would too.

        Dominatric Santa Rae

        --- In stlouis_santarchy@yahoogroups.com, "Deech Mestel" <deech@...>

        _______________
        > > Be a better friend, newshound, and
        > >

        > > Yahoo! Groups Links

      • Deech
        Message 3 of 8 , Dec 17, 2007
          Lighting up the night? I was Father Christmas, not the Christ Child! :)

          (Oh, crap, just had a flash of inspiration.. I think next year we need
          Father XXmas.. however, I'm not sure if St. Louis is ready for Father
          TripleXmas)

          Well, I met lots of cool people and as my memory seeps back, I'll have
          to get back with some stories.

          I can say, the real highlights were:

          * The lady who actually freaked out when I offered her a glow stick.
          Obviously some sort of Santan Witchcraft.

          * Handing out toys to kids on the bus and train. I gotta get there
          earlier for more daylight gift giving and I think a terrific
          pre-drunken crazy fest would be to stop somewhere with a Santalanche
          of gift giving to kids and adults, like a hospital or homeless
          shelter.

          * Collecting the Rogue Santas.

          * The ten mile forced march of the Santas (not really. This sucked,
          but I'm going to keep telling people it was cool until I delude my own
          memory into believing it was awesome.)

          * The almost fight. Santa Lynn, I CAN'T TAKE YOU ANYWHERE!! Didn't you
          nearly get in a fight at another event? Why do random mundanes always
          want to kick your ass?

          * The Santa Cuddle Puddle for warmth, even if I was molested by
          someone totally random (and by "someone totally random" I mean
          "Lohr").

          * Ho Ho J_se was awesome, fun *and* made sure I got some food in me.
          G_ J_se! Y_u R_ck!

          * Aborted Christmas Carols. "Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells, Jingle all
          the!" and "Silent Night, Holy Night, All is" and "It came upon a
          midnight..."

          Ok, more later, gotta do a thing!

          -Deech

        • Deech
          Message 4 of 8 , Dec 17, 2007
            Oh, I forgot one more:

            "$5 Martinis! WOOHOO! GIVE ME ONE OF THOSE!"
            *bartender serves up martini - Deech takes drink*
            "CRAP. I forgot I don't like martinis!"

            -Deech