Re: [stlouis_santarchy] Santarchy 2007 pics

    Message 1 of 8 , Dec 16, 2007
      You all look AWESOME! So many smiles! Looks like a
      great time was had by all. So sorry to have missed
      it, but so glad to see you all had so much fun.
      Bunnycon in the Spring? Anyone, anyone?
      ~rain

      --- pibandp0g <muzikfiend@...> wrote:

      > http://www.flickr.com/gp/31668281@N00/s10G7d
      >
      > post yers, post yers!

      Be a better friend, newshound, and
    • Deech Mestel
      Message 2 of 8 , Dec 16, 2007
        A good time?? No.

        A fan-freaking-tastic time. Holy crap, I don't know how I missed this
        for the last 6 years, but I am *So* on it now.

        Fun, frolicking, shaken the Santa booty, it was good stuff. My only
        regret is the night wasn't topped off by a big ole Santa bar brawl..
        We can thank Santa Z, for his noble attempt to re-fuse a situation
        that was nearly defused.

        Scene: I've been pulled in by my friend to help keep her boyfriend
        from getting in a fight with a mundane who got pissy when Santa L
        accidentally bumped into him on the dance floor. I've just finished
        talking this guy down from "I'm gonna kick that dick's ass!"
        Me: "Are we cool? Every thing's good?"
        Angry Mundane: "Yea, I guess, we're all cool."
        Santa Z: "Yea, that and there's like, 60 of us, and you don't wanna
        get your ass kicked by Santa, asshole."
        Angry Mundane: "GRRR!"

        I just had to step away and laugh, because, hell, it was funny. :)

        In the end, we were all informed we'd crashed a private party (funny
        as well) and were all asked to come back downstairs, so that was the
        end of it. Now, I know that getting in a big bar fight at the bar next
        door to Lohr's house probably wouldn't be, you know.. politic, but
        seriously, what part of a 50 Santa bar fight is not comedy gold?

        Lohr, buddy, pal, put me on your Santa Wrangler team, I'm on it. We
        could have a meeting. It'll be great. I'm one mean event organizing
        machine, we can make some cool poop go down next year. :)

        -Deech

        On Dec 16, 2007 4:54 PM, rain <caritasrainbow@...> wrote:
        > You all look AWESOME! So many smiles! Looks like a
        > great time was had by all. So sorry to have missed
        > it, but so glad to see you all had so much fun.
        > Bunnycon in the Spring? Anyone, anyone?
        > ~rain
        >
        > --- pibandp0g <muzikfiend@...> wrote:
        >
        > > http://www.flickr.com/gp/31668281@N00/s10G7d
        > >
        > > post yers, post yers!

      • Tricia Overkamp
        Message 3 of 8 , Dec 16, 2007
          Bunny suits? Hm... I have a counter-proposal:
          Leprechauns in March.

          "They're after me lucky charms!!!"

          Message 4 of 8 , Dec 17, 2007
            I'm all about the bunnies... There's a big bunny
            theme at Burning Man with the whole billion bunny
            march. There are people who dress as dogs to chase
            the bunnies, people who dress as carrots, people who
            dress as animal control to catch the bunnies (or the
            dogs trying to get the bunnies).
            ~rain

            --- Tricia Overkamp <feyqueenmab@...> wrote:

            > Bunny suits? Hm... I have a counter-proposal:
            > Leprechauns in March.
            >
            > "They're after me lucky charms!!!"

            Be a better friend, newshound, and
          • Rae
            Message 5 of 8 , Dec 17, 2007
              Deech, my man, all I can say is Ditto!! I too popped my Santarchy
              cherry and it was the best...more than what I expected. Seeing
              everyone's (well most everyone's) faces light up as we walked by
              storefronts and the employees wondering 'when the hell is the line
              of Santas going to stop?'! It was also amazing to take a moment to
              pause at the frontline during the 10 mile (haha) hike in the snow to
              reflect on the remaining Santas taking up 2 blocks; then later after
              leaving the next bar, realizing how far back I had fallen when
              hearing the megaphone song playing far in the distance ahead. What
              an amazing experience! I can't believe I missed the almost-fight!
              Where was I? lol Thnx for the hilarious re-cap Deech.

              I have got to give kudos to all the Santas who showed up w/your
              unique and marvelous costumes! Bare w/me a moment while I rave about
              a few special Santas that made it that much more meaningful to me.
              I'm sure as I start to regain strength, I will also regain memories
              and have more to tell...
              To Deech for 'lighting up the night', Z and Laura for being my rocks
              all night. You guys are wonderful people and great friends. I could
              not have done it w/out you!;
              To Lohr for organizing such a well-laid plan and great time, then to
              Barb for helping keep us all in line! God did we need it... Also,
              thnx Lohr for shouting on the megaphone so much that you lost your
              voice (we needed that too) and then sheltering the drunken,
              bewildered Santas;
              To Pet for finishing the sewing on my costume at 10am the day of
              Santarchy...let's never do that again! Also, thanks for wearing the
              long white fur coat and ski goggles. Everytime I saw you I thought
              of the abomindable snowman on the old Rudolph tv movie.
              To Bapi who is crazy as hell but I still like him hehe (send me
              photos baby!!);
              To Toh Joe who saved me from Bapi (god, that will never stop being
              funny);
              To John, the guy who was working at Union Station and inspired to
              buy a disposable camera to pics w/us at Key West. He later joined
              us...eventually saving the megaphone when he made a special trip in
              the snow to buy batteries. What a trooper!;
              To Kristie (I think) who joined the afterparty w/the infamous 4'
              candy cane...exactly what I wanted for Xmas. Hey did you know you
              left that behind or was that intentional haha?;
              To Tanya and Tricia (I hope I got that right). It was great to put
              faces to names. Can't wait to watch the dvd.;
              To Santana Claus (Alonzo) who drove 300+ miles to join the
              festivities and kept losing his "O"s...go J_se lmao!;
              To the person who gave me the play-doh dildo. I'm sorry to admit
              that I put it in Nova's utili-kilt back stocking and she later sat
              on it. Damn! haha;
              To Jim for making me grilled cheese and playing kitchen
              monitor/protector...nice save!;
              To Pickle for being Pickle. God you kill me! I luv it! :)
              To all that have or will post pics. Thank you thank you bcs my
              digital camera stopped functioning after snapping the second picture.

              There was so much going on that I know I missed a ton. Please, share
              your stories! I'd luv to hear about them and I'm sure the absent
              Santas would too.

              Dominatric Santa Rae

              --- In stlouis_santarchy@yahoogroups.com, "Deech Mestel" <deech@...>

              _______________
              > > Be a better friend, newshound, and
              > >

              > > Yahoo! Groups Links

            • Deech
              Message 6 of 8 , Dec 17, 2007
                Lighting up the night? I was Father Christmas, not the Christ Child! :)

                (Oh, crap, just had a flash of inspiration.. I think next year we need
                Father XXmas.. however, I'm not sure if St. Louis is ready for Father
                TripleXmas)

                Well, I met lots of cool people and as my memory seeps back, I'll have
                to get back with some stories.

                I can say, the real highlights were:

                * The lady who actually freaked out when I offered her a glow stick.
                Obviously some sort of Santan Witchcraft.

                * Handing out toys to kids on the bus and train. I gotta get there
                earlier for more daylight gift giving and I think a terrific
                pre-drunken crazy fest would be to stop somewhere with a Santalanche
                of gift giving to kids and adults, like a hospital or homeless
                shelter.

                * Collecting the Rogue Santas.

                * The ten mile forced march of the Santas (not really. This sucked,
                but I'm going to keep telling people it was cool until I delude my own
                memory into believing it was awesome.)

                * The almost fight. Santa Lynn, I CAN'T TAKE YOU ANYWHERE!! Didn't you
                nearly get in a fight at another event? Why do random mundanes always
                want to kick your ass?

                * The Santa Cuddle Puddle for warmth, even if I was molested by
                someone totally random (and by "someone totally random" I mean
                "Lohr").

                * Ho Ho J_se was awesome, fun *and* made sure I got some food in me.
                G_ J_se! Y_u R_ck!

                * Aborted Christmas Carols. "Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells, Jingle all
                the!" and "Silent Night, Holy Night, All is" and "It came upon a
                midnight..."

                Ok, more later, gotta do a thing!

                -Deech

              • Deech
                Message 7 of 8 , Dec 17, 2007
                  Oh, I forgot one more:

                  "$5 Martinis! WOOHOO! GIVE ME ONE OF THOSE!"
                  *bartender serves up martini - Deech takes drink*
                  "CRAP. I forgot I don't like martinis!"

                  -Deech