Personal Planning?

  • Deech Mestel
    Message 1 of 23 , Dec 11, 2007
      Alrighty then. Time for the Ho's to play.

      Now, being my first time out on this jaunt, how do you folks go about
      planning your comings and goings for the event? I mean, we start in
      U-City, but end up in Soulard, so how do folks typically end up back
      at your car? Also, what kind of metro fees should I be expecting? Is
      there just a day pass I need to buy? Any other tips for the first time
      tipsy Santa?

      -Deech
    • D. Michelle Vollmar Powers
      Message 2 of 23 , Dec 11, 2007

        Welcome jolly friend,

        You can get a one day Metro pass for $4.50.  As far as getting back to your car: sorry, all I can say is hitchhike, bus, or yellow cab it; or, get it the next day if you’ve had too much to drink.

        Message 3 of 23 , Dec 11, 2007
          if you drink, you will not be in any condition to drive after 12+ hours of santa slammin'.
          do not kid yourself that you will stop at some point and start sobering up for the drive home.
          it may take days to be sober again.  the hangover should hit sometime monday. ;-)

          REMINDER:  metrolink machines DO NOT take bills larger than TEN
          you can likely get to ucity by bus/metro from your home.  you can get daypasses at metrolink stations, i do not believe you can get daypasses from busses,  but maybe from bus centers (hampton, cwe, etc) 314-982-1495.you can get day passes at many of the grocery stores (long list - not searchable) http://www.metrostlouis.org/Fares/FarePurchase.asp
          the problem with getting home is the buses & metro stop running around midnight, so you cannot close down the bars and use mass transit to get home.
          how far do you live from soulard?  cabfare calculator: http://www.stlouiscountycab.com/Rates.asp
          do you have a friend who might pick you up?  maybe join in somewhere and soulard and only have a couple so that they can still drive home?

          if you really want your car at the end of the night, park in soulard on the street (do not leave anything visible when parked in the city).  take one of the buses to a metrolink station and take it to ucity.

          this will help you plan transportation:
          put in your starting location and destination and make sure you change the date to the 15th - the schedules are different during the week than on saturday.  it will give you options.  play with the times to get different options.
          http://tripfinder.metrostlouis.org/

           Babs

          To: stlouis_santarchy@yahoogroups.com
          From: michelle@...
          Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2007 08:15:14 -0600
          Subject: RE: [stlouis_santarchy] Personal Planning?

          Message 4 of 23 , Dec 11, 2007
            Yes, transportation to and from Santarchy
            is a serious issue, and Michelle hit the
            solution on the head.

            Other options:
            Have a designated driver
            Don't drink too much to drive.
            Cab
            Go get some food and sober up.

            As for you car. I recomend, leaving
            it where you will stop Santaing, and take
            the Metro from there to the Santas,
            wherever they are.

            The strange truth to this is, this is
            ALWAYS a problem with drinking around
            St Louis, it's just more pronounced
            on Santarchy.

            -Lohr

            > You can get a one day Metro pass for $4.50. As far
            > as getting back to
            > your car: sorry, all I can say is hitchhike, bus, or
            > yellow cab it; or,
            > get it the next day if you've had too much to drink.
            >
            > ________________________________

            http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs
          • Rebecka Wyrde
            Message 5 of 23 , Dec 11, 2007
              another option is to crash at a local santas home & get car in the morning.
              team up!

              becka ^..^

              http://www.yahoo. com/r/hs

            • Deech Mestel
              Message 6 of 23 , Dec 12, 2007
                Thanks everyone for the suggestions, they'll be helpful as I plan...
                tomorrow.. too sleepy from working on Santa costume.

                On the plus side, after a rocky start and a small dye disaster,
                concluding with purchasing much better fabric, I got everything cut
                out and the major construction bits of the coat put together. On the
                down side, that means I have two evenings to finish putting the fur on
                the coat, make the pants and get myself some goodies for the good boys
                (and the naughty girls).

                -Deech

                Message 7 of 23 , Dec 13, 2007
                  Wow Deech, it sounds like you are going
                  ALL OUT!!! right on!!!

                  -Lohr

                  --- Deech Mestel <deech@...> wrote:

                  > Thanks everyone for the suggestions, they'll be
                  > helpful as I plan...
                  > tomorrow.. too sleepy from working on Santa costume.
                  >
                  > On the plus side, after a rocky start and a small
                  > dye disaster,
                  > concluding with purchasing much better fabric, I got
                  > everything cut
                  > out and the major construction bits of the coat put
                  > together. On the
                  > down side, that means I have two evenings to finish
                  > putting the fur on
                  > the coat, make the pants and get myself some goodies
                  > for the good boys
                  > (and the naughty girls).
                  >
                  > -Deech
                  >
                  > On Dec 11, 2007 2:56 PM, Rebecka Wyrde
                  > <r_wyrde@...> wrote:
                  > >

                  > > another option is to crash at a local santas home
                  > & get car in the morning.
                  > > team up!
                  > >
                  > > becka ^..^
                  > >

                  > > Lohr <stlouisburn@...> wrote:
                  > >

                  > > Yes, transportation to and from Santarchy
                  > > is a serious issue, and Michelle hit the
                  > > solution on the head.
                  > >
                  > > Other options:
                  > > Have a designated driver
                  > > Don't drink too much to drive.
                  > > Cab
                  > > Go get some food and sober up.
                  > >
                  > > As for you car. I recomend, leaving
                  > > it where you will stop Santaing, and take
                  > > the Metro from there to the Santas,
                  > > wherever they are.
                  > >
                  > > The strange truth to this is, this is
                  > > ALWAYS a problem with drinking around
                  > > St Louis, it's just more pronounced
                  > > on Santarchy.
                  > >
                  > > -Lohr
                  > >
                  > > > You can get a one day Metro pass for $4.50. As
                  > far
                  > > > as getting back to
                  > > > your car: sorry, all I can say is hitchhike,
                  > bus, or
                  > > > yellow cab it; or,
                  > > > get it the next day if you've had too much to
                  > drink.
                  > > >
                  > > > ________________________________
                  > > >
                  > > > From: stlouis_santarchy@yahoogroups.com

                  mailto:stlouis_santarchy-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

                  http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs
                • Brad Finkeldei
                  Message 8 of 23 , Dec 13, 2007
                    Can u send me the final schedule. I accidently deleted it.
                    Thanks

                    Sent from my iPhone

                    Message 9 of 23 , Dec 14, 2007
                      SAFETY PINS??? SAFETY PINS??? Holy smokes, what kind of costumer do
                      you take me for? :) Safety pins aren't a design decision, safety pins
                      are an emergency measure. ;-) (note the winky face, I'm not poking fun
                      at anyone that does use safety pins, I'm poking fun at my own anal
                      retentiveness when it comes to my costumes...)

                      Heck, if I could bring myself to just slap it together, I'd be done by
                      now, but the fersluggen pattern had me stitching the fur down on top,
                      with no finished edges. YUCK! I had to figure out how to put a
                      finished backing on the fur to hide the seams and not have a big ugly
                      line of stitching running down the middle of my fur. Took me about
                      three hours longer to prototype and finish, but it looks good. :) But,
                      I think the tough bits are done. I just gotta put the collar on and
                      tack down some loose bits and the coat is finished. The pants don't
                      have any trim, so that's just a matter of some pinning and zipping it
                      through the sewing machine. Gotta stop and pick up some goodies for my
                      bag and I'll be all set!

                      -Deech

                      Message 10 of 23 , Dec 14, 2007
                        Here's the schedule, as has been posted
                        and flyered all around the city. Be
                        ready for changes!

                        StL SANTARCHY 2007
                        December 15th, 2007

                        University City
                        noon Bar Cicero's
                        1:00 Bar Blueberry Hill
                        1:50 Metro Delmar -> Forest Park DeBaliviere
                        Forest Park
                        2:05 Museum St. Louis History Museum
                        2:45 Metro Forest Park -> Union Station Eastbound
                        Union Station
                        3:05 Bar Key West
                        3:40 Bar Union Station Lobby Bar
                        4:17 Metro Union Station -> Stadium Eastbound
                        4:42 Metro Union Station -> CWE Westbound (ALT)
                        Baseball Stadium
                        4:30 Stadium Pictures with Stan
                        4:39 Metro Stadium -> CWE Westbound
                        Central West End
                        5:00 Bus #1 WUSTL-Gold Northbound off@McPherson
                        5:15 Bar Llywelyn's
                        6:01 Bus #1 WUSTL-Gold Southbound off@Laclede
                        6:10 Bar Rosie's Place
                        7:01 Bus CWE MetroBus Center
                        #59 Shaw-Kirkwood Northbound
                        off at Manchester & Tower Grove
                        The Grove
                        7:10 Bar Amp OR
                        7:10 Bar Premium Lounge
                        8:00 Bar Novak's
                        8:50 Bar Atomic Cowboy
                        9:50 Bus Manchester & Tower Grove
                        #59 Shaw-Kirkwood Northbound
                        off@ 12th & Russell
                        Soulard
                        10:20 Bar Nadine's Gin Joint
                        10:50 Bar Clementine's
                        11:20 Bar The Shanti
                        11:50 Bar 1860's Hardshell Cafe
                        12:20 Bar Molly's

                        Be a better friend, newshound, and
                      • D. Michelle Vollmar Powers
                        Message 11 of 23 , Dec 14, 2007

                          What ever happened to:

                          1. *The "schedule" is formal, we will be
                          where we say we will be there is no
                          Santa to call for direction.

                          ;-)’

                          HO HO HO

                          #59 Shaw-Kirkwood Northbound
                          #59 Shaw-Kirkwood Northbound
                          off@ 12th & Russell

                          Message 12 of 23 , Dec 14, 2007
                            Sorry, I did not mean to mislead.
                            There will be no CHANGES. I will
                            be encouraging walking rather
                            than taking the bus for a couple
                            of routes, because it will be more
                            fun and because it releases us
                            from the limitations of the bus
                            schedule a little bit. Specifically
                            in the Central West End.

                            -HO HO uH-Oh!!!

                            --- "D. Michelle Vollmar Powers"
                            <michelle@...> wrote:

                            > What ever happened to:
                            >
                            > 1. *The "schedule" is formal, we will be
                            > where we say we will be there is no
                            > Santa to call for direction.
                            >

                            > ;-)'
                            >

                            > HO HO HO
                            >
                            > ________________________________

                            <http://mobile.yahoo.com/;_ylt=Ahu06i62sR8HDtDypao8Wcj9tAcJ>

                            Looking for last minute shopping deals?
                            Message 13 of 23 , Dec 14, 2007
                              Here is some weather prediction infomation I
                              just pulled off of www.weather.com

                              It's gonna be cold, windy, and snowy.
                              I don't believe it's EVER been this
                              difficult. So, dress comfy and warm.

                              METRO and SNOW
                              So we should be fine.
                              I contacted the MetroBus help line and
                              none of our routes should be affected.
                              The #59 will be on it's snow route, but
                              not during the portions we are using.

                              December 15th, weather prediction.

                              6am 30°F Feels Like 20°F
                              9am 30°F Feels Like 20°F
                              12pm 30°F Feels Like 19°F
                              3pm 28°F Feels Like 16°F
                              6pm 30°F Feels Like 18°F
                              9pm 29°F Feels Like 17°F

                              DAYTIME HIGH 30 °F
                              Snow Shower High
                              Precip 60%
                              Wind: NE 18 mph

                              OVERNIGHT LOW TEMP 24°F
                              Snow Shower
                              Precip 80%
                              Wind: NNW 22 mph

                              Looking for last minute shopping deals?
                              Message 14 of 23 , Dec 14, 2007
                                There may be a change.
                                At the Union Station Lobby bar, they
                                just told me that they once again
                                cannot open up the Big bar.

                                So Screw them, lets go look at the
                                Lobby then go to the
                                Ultimate Sports Bar downstairs
                                where the owner told me he would
                                give us some pizzas if came there.

                                -lohr

                                Be a better friend, newshound, and
                                Message 15 of 23 , Dec 14, 2007
                                  Here is the list of specials for Santa's
                                  along the route. Some of our regular
                                  contributes were not that forthcoming
                                  this year. That WILL be taken into
                                  consideration for next year.

                                  Cicero's ?
                                  Blueberry Hill beer bottle & Shots

                                  Key West Café 1/2 aps $3 jager $3 rail $2.75
                                  domestics
                                  The Lobby Bar Nothing

                                  Llywelyn's shots and snacks
                                  Rosie's Place Free Popcorn

                                  Amp Some shot special
                                  Premium Lounge dennis@... 2 for 1 beer
                                  and rail
                                  Novak's happy hour pricing
                                  Atomic Cowboy $1 off whatever you want

                                  Nadine's Never got back
                                  Clementine's Never got back
                                  The Shanti Something
                                  1864's Hardshell $4.50 bombs $2.50 beers
                                  Molly's No Deal

                                  http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs
                                • Deech Mestel
                                  Message 16 of 23 , Dec 14, 2007
                                    Hum. You'd think some of them didn't care for you to bring 50 heavily
                                    drinking customers to their bars...

                                    -Deech

                                    Message 17 of 23 , Dec 14, 2007

                                      It’s a winter wonderland adventure!

                                      But it seems like it was d@mn cold every year.

                                      Rumor is that December is cold every year.

                                      Get to a bar.

                                      Take layers off.

                                      Have a drink (or 3).

                                      Put layers on.

                                      Santa’s onward.

                                      No complaints.  I love snow - I'm psyched(o).

                                      Gloves, hats, scarves - seems silly, but people show up without them.

                                      Throw a pair or two of extra socks in your santa bag,

                                      especially if you're not wearing waterproof snow boots.

                                      Maybe an extra pair of gloves for after the snowball fight?

                                      Dress for sledding or skating and you will be fine.

                                      But don't forget to put your santa suit on the outside layer (as much as possible).

                                      The beards will be a plus this year - will keep our faces warm.

                                      We will be leaving Affton area Saturday morning, 10:30ish, heading for downtown.

                                      Dropping the 4wd suv at the hotel and catching the metrolink at the stadium.

                                      If anyone is on our path (55 south, includes Soulard) and needs a ride,

                                      call (early) - 314-277-7089.

                                      This is a one-way trip, you have to get yourself home or wherever.

                                      We will not be driving again until Sunday.

                                      Barb (ho) & Jim (he)

                                      Find them fast with Yahoo! Search. http://tools.search.yahoo.com/newsearch/category.php?category=shopping <http://tools.search.yahoo.com/newsearch/category.php?category=shopping>

                                      Message 18 of 23 , Dec 14, 2007

                                        H2O H2O H2O  in a slightly frozen format.

                                        Instead of the history museum, lets go sledding on art hill!

                                        #59 Shaw-Kirkwood Northbound
                                        #59 Shaw-Kirkwood Northbound
                                        off@ 12th & Russell

                                        Message 19 of 23 , Dec 14, 2007
                                          Making a list, checking it twice.
                                          Gonna find out which bars are naughty or nice.
                                          Santarachy is drinking the town dry.

                                        • MUSECPD@aol.com
                                          Message 20 of 23 , Dec 15, 2007
                                            Lohr, I don't know if you watched the news last night but there was a natural gas leak by Children's hospital/Barnes-Jewish.  They DID close one of the Metro stations there last night but I'm not sure which one.  The problem may already be fixed.  I'll check the metro site to see what's up....Nita

                                          • Bapi Gupta
                                            Message 21 of 23 , Dec 15, 2007
                                              my house, and lohr's, are couchable and we live a couple blocks apart in soulard.  i'm gonna have to work 6-midnight, but i'll catch you guys in the afternoon and at the end.  i don't mind babysitting a little, god knows i need plenty of it from my friends.  the hot tub is working too.  we'll have a holly jolly santarchy i'm sure!

                                              bapi, 814 ann, 276-5432, if you need a place to crash or bail money

                                              Message 22 of 23 , Dec 16, 2007
                                                Crap! You mean I missed crashing at the house with the hot tub??

                                                :)

                                                Thanks for the offer though, maybe next year. We'll have to make some
                                                sexy santa hot tub wear.

                                                -Deech

                                                On Dec 15, 2007 1:01 PM, Bapi Gupta <bapigupta@...> wrote:

                                                > my house, and lohr's, are couchable and we live a couple blocks apart in
                                                > soulard. i'm gonna have to work 6-midnight, but i'll catch you guys in the
                                                > afternoon and at the end. i don't mind babysitting a little, god knows i
                                                > need plenty of it from my friends. the hot tub is working too. we'll have
                                                > a holly jolly santarchy i'm sure!
                                                >
                                                > bapi, 814 ann, 276-5432, if you need a place to crash or bail money

                                              • D. Michelle Vollmar Powers
                                                Message 23 of 23 , Jan 23, 2008

                                                  (I hope I already sent this)  Don’t miss this fun – See you there!

                                                  Banana Bike Brigade

                                                  presents

                                                  The Banana Ball

                                                  its

                                                  9th Annual Mardi Gras Charity Costume Ball

                                                  on

                                                  January 26, 2008

                                                  (7pm-12am – costume contest at 9:30)

                                                  featuring

                                                  56 Hope Road

                                                  at

                                                  MadArt Gallery

                                                  ( 2727 S. 12th St. , St. Louis , MO 63118 , USA )

                                                  Beer, wine, soda, & appetizers included in price of admission ($35, $30 in advance)

                                                  Tickets available at MadArt, The Soulard Framery, & Metrotix

                                                  (bananabikebrigade.com) (56Hoperd.com) (madart.com)