Ho ho ho here we go!

  • Tricia Overkamp
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 7, 2007
      Random statement for Deech and any other Santas
      looking for last minute suits:
      Ebay has many, but I cannot speak to the quality of
      what the sellers are offering.
      Walgreens seems to be The Place to get a *cheap* suit,
      I've seen them as low as $9.99.

      I appreciate all the work that goes into setting a
      schedule and figuring out the route. (Believe me,
      having organized things like this I really
      understand!) Lohr, you're a God among Santas!

      I'm something of a "Johnny Come Lately" myself, and
      I've had a great time the past two years. I don't care
      where we go, as long as we go!

      I made some suggestions not because I thought the
      proposed items were lame, but because our opinions
      were requested and I thought I'd put my two cents in.

      I apologize for starting a big argument about the
      stupid strip clubs, btw. I was only making random
      suggestions.

      I was going to leap to Brad's defence because
      sometimes he comes across as insulting when he means
      otherwise, but then I re-read the response. Nope, it
      was just plain offensive.
      I *know* which party he referrs to, and I am
      personally connected to the woman throwing that party.
      (uh-oh, here comes the snark!)
      I'm more than a little annoyed with her for scheduling
      it the same night as the March Of The Santas. (She was
      aware of the date.) Now there are several people who
      are the right kind of folks for Santarchy that will
      feel obliged to attend that function instead.

      I, for one, intend to mob the city with you guys. And
      some of the folks at that other party aren't any more
      coherent than the drunks of soulard, Brad. Plus,
      beware of BABIEZ EVERYWHERE. It's one of those
      spawning years. (ok, that's enough snark.)

      I do believe that Brad was directing his offensive
      comments toward the more mundane elements of Soulard,
      and *not* the Santas who hail from that area. To be
      fair, those are not the clubs I frequent myself when I
      go out. On the other hand, I made no mention of my
      "usual haunts" for my suggestions because I agree with
      Tanya: This is an ADVENTURE! We *should* go places we
      don't normally go, try things we don't normally try,
      and meet people we don't normally hang out with!

      Be a better friend, newshound, and
      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 7, 2007
        and it doesnt have to be a traditional santa suit.  you can get a santa hat cheap just about anywhere.
        beards are cheap and easy but some find them very uncomfortable.  you can find red clothing at a thrift store.  you can get yards of fake fur at fabric stores, which often have a 1/2 price coupon, but the stuff isnt that pricey.  you can pin the fur onto your clothing.  belts are optional, don't have to be black.  think festive.  be your own version of santa.  even if you do a traditional cheap costume, accessorize to make it your own.
        not feeling santa-ish.  then find something holiday-ish your are feeling: an elf, a reindeer, or a menorah.   you can be 'scrooge' - but be prepared for some verbal jousting.

        COMFORTABLE SHOES! no one is going to care that your shoes don't complete the ensemble.  however you will care if halfway through the day your feet and/or back are hurting.

        irony - i dont have my outfit together yet.  will start with last years and funk it up some more.

         Babs

        To: stlouis_santarchy@yahoogroups.com

        Message 3 of 5 , Dec 7, 2007
          GET READY TO GET YOUR F%$#ING JOLLY ON!!!

          Thanks for the support guys. Let me
          tell you...
          I've spent hours over the last couple
          of weeks, pouring over the Metro website,
          looking up bus schedules, calling their
          help desk, going scouting for bars,
          bus stops, walking paths, and it started
          to feel like work...

          BUT especially from the Jolly good will
          on this list, and sharing old stories
          I am starting to remember why I do all
          this. I've said it before, and I'll
          say it again!

          Santarchy is the single funnest day of
          the year!

          Ho Ho uH-Oh!!!

          Looking for last minute shopping deals?
          Message 4 of 5 , Dec 7, 2007
            Here are some Santarchy rules and
            regulations that are floating around
            the Internet that I've customized
            for St Louis.

            -Lohr

            Santa's Rules:

            1. Be Jolly.

            2. Holiday apparel is mandatory. A Santa
            hat is not enough. Get a Santa suit. Buy
            a Santa suit. Make a Santa suit. Steal a
            Santa suit. If you don't have any money,
            be creative. If you don't have any
            creativity, slap yourself three times and
            ask your mom to help you. Glue cotton balls
            to red long johns. Make it purple. Make it
            pink. Make it plaid. Already have a Santa
            suit? Bring spare parts for the Santafication
            of strangers. Past examples: Santa Claws,
            Santa Garcia, Santa's naughty little helper,
            misfit toy, elf, grinch, angel, Jesus,
            snowman, nutcracker, reindeer. Shit -- in
            the past we've had Darth Vader, the Warewolf,
            Satan, and plushy bears.

            3. Twisting the holiday paradigm until it
            screams for mercy is fun! Getting arrested
            is not. Santa Claus is friendly, respectful,
            and cooperative with cops, security guards,
            park rangers, secret service agents, and
            store owners and doesn't break any laws!!!
            "Disorderly Conduct" is not a city in China.
            Have your own special twisted fun,
            but DON'T FUCK IT UP FOR THE REST OF US.
            Our santas do not destroy property, steal
            merchandise, or do harm to others. The
            authorities and local businesses usually
            take Santa's antics in the loving holiday
            spirit Santa intends, so be nice to them.

            Santa's Reminders:

            1. *The "schedule" is formal, we will be
            where we say we will be there is no
            Santa to call for direction.

            2. Santa does not make children cry.
            Really - If you see kids, give them nice
            toys, candy, or something pleasant.
            (Feel free to abuse their parents.)

            3. Santa dresses for all occasions. It's
            December. Smart Santas wear mutliple
            costume layers. Dress to maximize
            merriment whether singing christmas
            carols in the snow, or swinging from a
            stripper pole.

            4. Santa doesn't whine! We will be outside
            much of the early day and covering a lot
            of ground on foot -- bring enough "snacks"
            to keep your pie-hole filled until we get
            indoors.

            5. Bring gifts -- NAUGHTY gifts to give
            grown ups; NICE stuff to give kids.

            6. Watching Santa get drunk and obnoxious
            is fun. Babysitting Santa while they vomit
            in an alley is not. Don't be that Santa.

            7. Pay your own god damn bar tab. Tip the
            bartenders generously for putting up with us.

            8. Memorize these answers to important
            questions that may arise:

            Who's in charge? "Santa"

            What organization are you with? "Santa"

            What are you protesting? "Santa"

            How did you get here? "A sleigh"

            Where are you going next? "I'm only
            allowed to tell you if you wear this
            hat and buy me a beer."

            Any other question: "HO!"
            (best coupled with a slight pause
            and a stupid look on your face).

            Looking for last minute shopping deals?
          • MUSECPD@aol.com
            Message 5 of 5 , Dec 8, 2007
              You're the second person to make me laugh today and I really needed that!  Thanks Lohr.

              I promise to follow rules. HO!

              Nita