Re: [stlouis_santarchy] Re: mardi gras?

    Message 1 of 17 , Feb 20, 2004
      The Bastille is at 3pm (I think)
      Bastille - Russell and Menard
      Clementines - Allen and Menard

      They are the two Soulard Gay bars
      and they're 1 block apart.

      -Regards,

      Message 2 of 17 , Feb 20, 2004
        Bastille is at Menard and Russell, Clem's is one block North of there at Allen & Menard.  See if you can't pick up a "schedule of events" at one of the bars, this lists venues, bands, addresses, etc.  FYI:  For those who don't know and might? care, both of these are gay bars, although I've been to both of them several times and find them to be hospitable.  Clem's was the only one for years (some of us went there on our Santarchy excursion).  I find Bastille to be nicer (and cleaner), but nothing's the same during Mardi Gras.  That's my 2 cents.

        D. Michelle Vollmar
        Assistant to the President
        PITTSBURGH PIPE/TDI
        170 Humboldt Ave.
        St. Louis, MO 63147-2607
        (314) 383-5300 x206
        (800) 325-2653 x206
        (314) 383-2322: Fax
        michelle@...

        wrote:
        > Michelle, you could throw on some Santa
        > stuff after the parade.  You guys have
        > clenched it for me.  I'm goinug to dress
        > up as Santa for the beginning part of the
        > day, during the parade.
        >
        > It's my friend's Shawn's 30th B-Day on
        > parade day, so I'll show up at his B-Day
        > breakfast as Santa with his presents.
        > Shawn actually was on the 1st
        > StL Santarchy Crawl.  He was the Pancho
        > Santa in the photos on the Yahoo Group.
        >
        > Santa's, I'll HO HO Hope to see you at
        > the Mardi Gras parade.
        >
        > BTW, I'll be catching it somewhere from
        > Soulard to Allen
        >
        > -Lohr (Mega-Santa)
        >

        > P.S.  Do you think the cops would take
        > away the mega-phone if I brought it out?

        > http://antispam.yahoo.com/tools

        Yahoo! Groups Links

      • truckbot
        Message 3 of 17 , Feb 20, 2004
          Re: [stlouis_santarchy] Re: mardi gras? hey lohr...

          if your worried about the mega phone
          what do you think will be said about my
          tophat?  originally i was thinking santa suit
          but now i'm voting fire.....

          leef

          From: Lohr <stlouisburn@...>
          Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2004 11:13:05 -0800 (PST)
          To: stlouis_santarchy@yahoogroups.com
          Subject: Re: [stlouis_santarchy] Re: mardi gras?

          The Bastille is at 3pm (I think)
          Bastille - Russell and Menard
          Clementines - Allen and Menard

          They are the two Soulard Gay bars
          and they're 1 block apart.

          -Regards,

          --- Marianne Nubel <mkhildy999@...> wrote:
          > Also, please, for those of us new to town, WHERE is
          > Bastille's bead toss?  A street address for
          > Clementine's would be helpful, too!  Satan/Santa and
          > I will be there all day, but alas, not in Santa
          > suits.  But I'll buy a drink for any santa I see!
          > Ho ho HO!!!!
          >
          > XXX 000!!!  -Marianne (aka Secret Santa)
          >
          > Michelle Vollmar / Pittsburgh Pipe
          > <michelle@...> wrote:
          > I hope I find you.  When is Bastille's bead toss?
          > I, too, will be at the
          > "Drag Race" (ah, the good ol' days).  Look for
          > glittery sunglasses and a
          > smile, as I may be changing after the parade and
          > don't know what I'll be
          > wearing (santa hat, big purple hat, no hat,
          > mask...).
          >
          > ~Sexy Santa

        • alix
          Message 4 of 17 , Feb 20, 2004
            Online at the hotel ... woo hoo! Come say hi...
            Clementine's is at 2001 Menard. Bastille is one block south of
            Clem's, at 1027 Russell. Both in Soulard, listed on Mardi Gras event
            maps (pick up a free Riverfront Times), both gay but very fun and
            open-minded, both sell great food, have pool tables, etc. Bastille
            Bead Toss is 11a-7p, $5 a toss I believe (benefitting charity). I
            want that jacket!
            What else? Got to catch up... Remember, I wear my glasses on a
            rope so I don't lose them (an added hint to finding me and your
            hurricane/whatever drink). So professorial...
            Is Lohr hosting the Saturday night party? <very evil grin>

            sir alix with an i (bruce the masseuse)
          • Santarchy STL
            Message 5 of 17 , Feb 20, 2004
              You are evil. I have no plans, but stranger things
              have happened.

              -Regards,

              Message 6 of 17 , Feb 20, 2004
                Heeheehee ... That's why I'm called Blue Santa ... among other
                reasons. Will probably have on the usual jeans blue jacket, if it's
                cold as expected (though I might try to leave it at my bar-of-choice
                HQ-for-the-day). Did bring the beard and Santa hat, but undecided on
                when to wear it. At Clem's, probably. Got special beads to throw at
                you, Michelle, when the Bananas ride by (Soulard or somewhere
                earlier, depending on crowd depth.). Catch!

                sir alix

                --- In stlouis_santarchy@yahoogroups.com, Santarchy STL