Re: mardi gras?

  • Marianne Nubel
    Message 1 of 17 , Feb 20 10:49 AM
      Also, please, for those of us new to town, WHERE is Bastille's bead toss?  A street address for Clementine's would be helpful, too!  Satan/Santa and I will be there all day, but alas, not in Santa suits.  But I'll buy a drink for any santa I see!  Ho ho HO!!!!

      XXX 000!!!  -Marianne (aka Secret Santa)

      Michelle Vollmar / Pittsburgh Pipe <michelle@...> wrote:
      I hope I find you.  When is Bastille's bead toss?  I, too, will be at the
      "Drag Race" (ah, the good ol' days).  Look for glittery sunglasses and a
      smile, as I may be changing after the parade and don't know what I'll be
      wearing (santa hat, big purple hat, no hat, mask...).

      ~Sexy Santa

      Message 2 of 17 , Feb 20 11:13 AM
        The Bastille is at 3pm (I think)
        Bastille - Russell and Menard
        Clementines - Allen and Menard

        They are the two Soulard Gay bars
        and they're 1 block apart.

        -Regards,

        Message 3 of 17 , Feb 20 11:17 AM
          Bastille is at Menard and Russell, Clem's is one block North of there at Allen & Menard.  See if you can't pick up a "schedule of events" at one of the bars, this lists venues, bands, addresses, etc.  FYI:  For those who don't know and might? care, both of these are gay bars, although I've been to both of them several times and find them to be hospitable.  Clem's was the only one for years (some of us went there on our Santarchy excursion).  I find Bastille to be nicer (and cleaner), but nothing's the same during Mardi Gras.  That's my 2 cents.

          D. Michelle Vollmar
          Assistant to the President
          PITTSBURGH PIPE/TDI
          170 Humboldt Ave.
          St. Louis, MO 63147-2607
          (314) 383-5300 x206
          (800) 325-2653 x206
          (314) 383-2322: Fax
          michelle@...

          wrote:
          > Michelle, you could throw on some Santa
          > stuff after the parade.  You guys have
          > clenched it for me.  I'm goinug to dress
          > up as Santa for the beginning part of the
          > day, during the parade.
          >
          > It's my friend's Shawn's 30th B-Day on
          > parade day, so I'll show up at his B-Day
          > breakfast as Santa with his presents.
          > Shawn actually was on the 1st
          > StL Santarchy Crawl.  He was the Pancho
          > Santa in the photos on the Yahoo Group.
          >
          > Santa's, I'll HO HO Hope to see you at
          > the Mardi Gras parade.
          >
          > BTW, I'll be catching it somewhere from
          > Soulard to Allen
          >
          > -Lohr (Mega-Santa)
          >

          > P.S.  Do you think the cops would take
          > away the mega-phone if I brought it out?

          > http://antispam.yahoo.com/tools

          Yahoo! Groups Links

        • truckbot
          Message 4 of 17 , Feb 20 1:13 PM
            Re: [stlouis_santarchy] Re: mardi gras? hey lohr...

            if your worried about the mega phone
            what do you think will be said about my
            tophat?  originally i was thinking santa suit
            but now i'm voting fire.....

            leef

            From: Lohr <stlouisburn@...>
            Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2004 11:13:05 -0800 (PST)
            To: stlouis_santarchy@yahoogroups.com
            Subject: Re: [stlouis_santarchy] Re: mardi gras?

            The Bastille is at 3pm (I think)
            Bastille - Russell and Menard
            Clementines - Allen and Menard

            They are the two Soulard Gay bars
            and they're 1 block apart.

            -Regards,

            --- Marianne Nubel <mkhildy999@...> wrote:
            > Also, please, for those of us new to town, WHERE is
            > Bastille's bead toss?  A street address for
            > Clementine's would be helpful, too!  Satan/Santa and
            > I will be there all day, but alas, not in Santa
            > suits.  But I'll buy a drink for any santa I see!
            > Ho ho HO!!!!
            >
            > XXX 000!!!  -Marianne (aka Secret Santa)
            >
            > Michelle Vollmar / Pittsburgh Pipe
            > <michelle@...> wrote:
            > I hope I find you.  When is Bastille's bead toss?
            > I, too, will be at the
            > "Drag Race" (ah, the good ol' days).  Look for
            > glittery sunglasses and a
            > smile, as I may be changing after the parade and
            > don't know what I'll be
            > wearing (santa hat, big purple hat, no hat,
            > mask...).
            >
            > ~Sexy Santa

          • alix
            Message 5 of 17 , Feb 20 2:45 PM
              Online at the hotel ... woo hoo! Come say hi...
              Clementine's is at 2001 Menard. Bastille is one block south of
              Clem's, at 1027 Russell. Both in Soulard, listed on Mardi Gras event
              maps (pick up a free Riverfront Times), both gay but very fun and
              open-minded, both sell great food, have pool tables, etc. Bastille
              Bead Toss is 11a-7p, $5 a toss I believe (benefitting charity). I
              want that jacket!
              What else? Got to catch up... Remember, I wear my glasses on a
              rope so I don't lose them (an added hint to finding me and your
              hurricane/whatever drink). So professorial...
              Is Lohr hosting the Saturday night party? <very evil grin>

              sir alix with an i (bruce the masseuse)
            • Santarchy STL
              Message 6 of 17 , Feb 20 2:50 PM
                You are evil. I have no plans, but stranger things
                have happened.

                -Regards,

                Message 7 of 17 , Feb 20 3:17 PM
                  Heeheehee ... That's why I'm called Blue Santa ... among other
                  reasons. Will probably have on the usual jeans blue jacket, if it's
                  cold as expected (though I might try to leave it at my bar-of-choice
                  HQ-for-the-day). Did bring the beard and Santa hat, but undecided on
                  when to wear it. At Clem's, probably. Got special beads to throw at
                  you, Michelle, when the Bananas ride by (Soulard or somewhere
                  earlier, depending on crowd depth.). Catch!

                  sir alix

                  --- In stlouis_santarchy@yahoogroups.com, Santarchy STL