RE: [stlouis_santarchy] StL S A N T A R C H Y 2007 Preliminary Schedule

    Message 1 of 9 , Dec 1, 2007

      I assume you meant forget the Cabin, otherwise if we skip the CWE bars, we will end up at the Grove even earlier. ??

      How about?

      2:55 Union Station (per current preliminary schedule)

      Lobby Bar* is drinking establishment of choice, but folks can hit the food court (adult beverages available – or used to be) or shop as needed.

      3:40 santa’s head for Metrolink

      3:55 metro east to Busch

      4:00 up the steps and across the street to busch stadium

      4:05-4:10 pictures with Stan the Man statue,  we have a brick too! (it may be cold out – it will be long enough)

      4:17 metrolink to CWE (4:27) ,

      4:40 #18 to Llywelyn’s (note correct spelling)

      4:50 Llywelyn’s – back on schedule.

      • * 3 pm is usually pretty dead, previous years we have arrived later.  we may want to warn them so they have more than 1 bartender on duty.
      • I allowed doubled the time it should take to walk from point to point.  Moving santa’s is like herding cats.

      Message 2 of 9 , Dec 3, 2007

        Don’t know if you’re still looking for Union Station info, but:

        ·         I believe the “sports bar” previously mentioned is “Ultra Lounge” on the first floor, West of the main entrance on North side (where Rout 66 brewery used to be). Phone: 863-0005

        ·         There’s a bar where Casa used to be (between Houlihan’s and Key West ) called The Shed. Phone 802-3148.

        ·         It seems to me that Key West (open to a large common area, albeit very small) has always been drinker friendly – maybe a fast shot spot? And, my old post-Blues game bartender from the late Kelley O’Toole’s (sp?) is supposed to be starting there soon; so, if you want I know we could talk him into something.

        ·         There’s a basketball game that day, but I don’t know what time………opportunity knocking??? Or just a jammed up Link?  Dunno.

        but it's a pretty tricky schedule to make
        work. I have what shall be the essence
        of our schedule, which I have included
        below, but it is NOT DONE.

        1. I must re-confirm all of the Metro times.
        2. I must figure out the
        "OTHER UNION STATION BAR"
        Any suggestions?
        3. Also, I'm considering shortening the
        Grove portion and therefore expanding
        something previous. Any suggestions?

        StL SANTARCHY 2007

        December 15th, 2007

        University City
        noon Bar Cicero's
        1:10 Bar Blueberry Hill
        1:50 Metro Delmar -> Forest Park DeBaliviere
        Forest Park
        2:05 Museum St. Louis History Museum
        2:45 Metro Forest Park -> CWE Eastbound
        Union Station
        2:55
        3:05 Bar OTHER UNION STATION BAR
        3:50 Bar Union Station Lobby Bar
        4:05 Metro Union Station -> CWE Westbound
        Central West End
        4:10
        4:40 Bus #18 Taylor off McPherson
        #59 Shaw-Kirkwood Northbound