RE: [stlouis_santarchy] mardi gras?

    Message 1 of 17 , Feb 20 9:00 AM
      Michelle, you could throw on some Santa
      stuff after the parade. You guys have
      clenched it for me. I'm goinug to dress
      up as Santa for the beginning part of the
      day, during the parade.

      It's my friend's Shawn's 30th B-Day on
      parade day, so I'll show up at his B-Day
      breakfast as Santa with his presents.
      Shawn actually was on the 1st
      StL Santarchy Crawl. He was the Pancho
      Santa in the photos on the Yahoo Group.

      Santa's, I'll HO HO Hope to see you at
      the Mardi Gras parade.

      BTW, I'll be catching it somewhere from
      Soulard to Allen

      -Lohr (Mega-Santa)

      P.S. Do you think the cops would take
      away the mega-phone if I brought it out?

      http://antispam.yahoo.com/tools
    • alix
      Message 2 of 17 , Feb 20 9:34 AM
        Bring the megaphone Lhr!!! And we'll have bail ready JIC.
        Everyone, don't forget to wear your nipple tape so cops have less
        reason to bust us when we flash our breasts ... (the crowd does give
        beads for jiggly male breasts, don't it?...) See ya by Soulard Market
        during parade, Clem's at 3 pm. Everybody, your first drink's on me
        when ya find me (in exchange for beads, I'll need more!)

        sir alix with an i (bruce the mizzou masseuse)

        --- In stlouis_santarchy@yahoogroups.com, Lohr <stlouisburn@y...>
        wrote:
        > Michelle, you could throw on some Santa
        > stuff after the parade. You guys have
        > clenched it for me. I'm goinug to dress
        > up as Santa for the beginning part of the
        > day, during the parade.
        >
        > It's my friend's Shawn's 30th B-Day on
        > parade day, so I'll show up at his B-Day
        > breakfast as Santa with his presents.
        > Shawn actually was on the 1st
        > StL Santarchy Crawl. He was the Pancho
        > Santa in the photos on the Yahoo Group.
        >
        > Santa's, I'll HO HO Hope to see you at
        > the Mardi Gras parade.
        >
        > BTW, I'll be catching it somewhere from
        > Soulard to Allen
        >
        > -Lohr (Mega-Santa)
        >

        > P.S. Do you think the cops would take
        > away the mega-phone if I brought it out?

        > http://antispam.yahoo.com/tools
      • Michelle Vollmar / Pittsburgh Pipe
        Message 3 of 17 , Feb 20 9:54 AM
          I hope I find you. When is Bastille's bead toss? I, too, will be at the
          "Drag Race" (ah, the good ol' days). Look for glittery sunglasses and a
          smile, as I may be changing after the parade and don't know what I'll be
          wearing (santa hat, big purple hat, no hat, mask...).

          ~Sexy Santa

          wrote:
          > Michelle, you could throw on some Santa
          > stuff after the parade. You guys have
          > clenched it for me. I'm goinug to dress
          > up as Santa for the beginning part of the
          > day, during the parade.
          >
          > It's my friend's Shawn's 30th B-Day on
          > parade day, so I'll show up at his B-Day
          > breakfast as Santa with his presents.
          > Shawn actually was on the 1st
          > StL Santarchy Crawl. He was the Pancho
          > Santa in the photos on the Yahoo Group.
          >
          > Santa's, I'll HO HO Hope to see you at
          > the Mardi Gras parade.
          >
          > BTW, I'll be catching it somewhere from
          > Soulard to Allen
          >
          > -Lohr (Mega-Santa)
          >

          > P.S. Do you think the cops would take
          > away the mega-phone if I brought it out?

          > http://antispam.yahoo.com/tools

          Yahoo! Groups Links
        • Marianne Nubel

            Message 5 of 17 , Feb 20 11:13 AM
              The Bastille is at 3pm (I think)
              Bastille - Russell and Menard
              Clementines - Allen and Menard

              They are the two Soulard Gay bars
              and they're 1 block apart.

              -Regards,

              Message 6 of 17 , Feb 20 11:17 AM
                Bastille is at Menard and Russell, Clem's is one block North of there at Allen & Menard.  See if you can't pick up a "schedule of events" at one of the bars, this lists venues, bands, addresses, etc.  FYI:  For those who don't know and might? care, both of these are gay bars, although I've been to both of them several times and find them to be hospitable.  Clem's was the only one for years (some of us went there on our Santarchy excursion).  I find Bastille to be nicer (and cleaner), but nothing's the same during Mardi Gras.  That's my 2 cents.

                D. Michelle Vollmar
                Assistant to the President
                PITTSBURGH PIPE/TDI
                170 Humboldt Ave.
                St. Louis, MO 63147-2607
                (314) 383-5300 x206
                (800) 325-2653 x206
                (314) 383-2322: Fax
                michelle@...

                wrote:
                > Michelle, you could throw on some Santa
                > stuff after the parade.  You guys have
                > clenched it for me.  I'm goinug to dress
                > up as Santa for the beginning part of the
                > day, during the parade.
                >
                > It's my friend's Shawn's 30th B-Day on
                > parade day, so I'll show up at his B-Day
                > breakfast as Santa with his presents.
                > Shawn actually was on the 1st
                > StL Santarchy Crawl.  He was the Pancho
                > Santa in the photos on the Yahoo Group.
                >
                > Santa's, I'll HO HO Hope to see you at
                > the Mardi Gras parade.
                >
                > BTW, I'll be catching it somewhere from
                > Soulard to Allen
                >
                > -Lohr (Mega-Santa)
                >

                > P.S.  Do you think the cops would take
                > away the mega-phone if I brought it out?

                > http://antispam.yahoo.com/tools

                Yahoo! Groups Links

              • truckbot
                Message 7 of 17 , Feb 20 1:13 PM
                  Re: [stlouis_santarchy] Re: mardi gras? hey lohr...

                  if your worried about the mega phone
                  what do you think will be said about my
                  tophat?  originally i was thinking santa suit
                  but now i'm voting fire.....

                  leef

                  From: Lohr <stlouisburn@...>
                  Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2004 11:13:05 -0800 (PST)
                  To: stlouis_santarchy@yahoogroups.com
                  Subject: Re: [stlouis_santarchy] Re: mardi gras?

                  The Bastille is at 3pm (I think)
                  Bastille - Russell and Menard
                  Clementines - Allen and Menard

                  They are the two Soulard Gay bars
                  and they're 1 block apart.

                  -Regards,

                  --- Marianne Nubel <mkhildy999@...> wrote:
                  > Also, please, for those of us new to town, WHERE is
                  > Bastille's bead toss?  A street address for
                  > Clementine's would be helpful, too!  Satan/Santa and
                  > I will be there all day, but alas, not in Santa
                  > suits.  But I'll buy a drink for any santa I see!
                  > Ho ho HO!!!!
                  >
                  > XXX 000!!!  -Marianne (aka Secret Santa)
                  >
                  > Michelle Vollmar / Pittsburgh Pipe
                  > <michelle@...> wrote:
                  > I hope I find you.  When is Bastille's bead toss?
                  > I, too, will be at the
                  > "Drag Race" (ah, the good ol' days).  Look for
                  > glittery sunglasses and a
                  > smile, as I may be changing after the parade and
                  > don't know what I'll be
                  > wearing (santa hat, big purple hat, no hat,
                  > mask...).
                  >
                  > ~Sexy Santa

                • alix
                  Message 8 of 17 , Feb 20 2:45 PM
                    Online at the hotel ... woo hoo! Come say hi...
                    Clementine's is at 2001 Menard. Bastille is one block south of
                    Clem's, at 1027 Russell. Both in Soulard, listed on Mardi Gras event
                    maps (pick up a free Riverfront Times), both gay but very fun and
                    open-minded, both sell great food, have pool tables, etc. Bastille
                    Bead Toss is 11a-7p, $5 a toss I believe (benefitting charity). I
                    want that jacket!
                    What else? Got to catch up... Remember, I wear my glasses on a
                    rope so I don't lose them (an added hint to finding me and your
                    hurricane/whatever drink). So professorial...
                    Is Lohr hosting the Saturday night party? <very evil grin>

                    sir alix with an i (bruce the masseuse)
                  • Santarchy STL
                    Message 9 of 17 , Feb 20 2:50 PM
                      You are evil. I have no plans, but stranger things
                      have happened.

                      -Regards,

                      Message 10 of 17 , Feb 20 3:17 PM
                        Heeheehee ... That's why I'm called Blue Santa ... among other
                        reasons. Will probably have on the usual jeans blue jacket, if it's
                        cold as expected (though I might try to leave it at my bar-of-choice
                        HQ-for-the-day). Did bring the beard and Santa hat, but undecided on
                        when to wear it. At Clem's, probably. Got special beads to throw at
                        you, Michelle, when the Bananas ride by (Soulard or somewhere
                        earlier, depending on crowd depth.). Catch!

                        sir alix

                        --- In stlouis_santarchy@yahoogroups.com, Santarchy STL