But what about the other ideas?

  • Tricia Overkamp
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 21, 2007
      Ok, so the "Santas At Strip Clubs" idea was vetoed. No problem.

      I'm much more interested in response to my *other* ideas. I know that
      at least one of us has no interest in connecting with the Royal Dumpe
      (Shame, that. I have friends who do the late night show...)

      Science Center?
      History Museum?
      Art Museum?
      City Museum?
      Mall?

      I'm game for restaurants, public venues, coffeehouses, museums, the
      Washington District, the CWE, Cherokee street, South Grand, Soulard,
      Union Station, or whatever... but if we have to do more than one bus
      away from the Metrolink (incorporating transfers), I worry that we
      will lose Santas along the way.
      Does buying a day pass cover buses?
    • Brad Finkeldei
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 21, 2007
        science center and history museum and Definitely a mall

        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 21, 2007

          Brad,

          A metro day pass ($4.50) covers the metro link and buses all day.

          We can get within ½ mile of just about any of the places you’ve listed.

          But you can’t always get from one point to another in a direct line (reasonable travel time).

          I made up ‘a what if’ list last week.  Spreadsheets: point to point possibilities and the schedules to back them up.

          It did include science center as a possibility.  But rather than resend a big file, check back.  If you need me to – I can resend it.

          It did not include City Museum (the cabin) because I was not aware it was reopened.

          Additions to the possibilies are: #57 goes from city museum to the grove & #59 goes from the grove to soulard.

          As much as we enjoy the interaction of public transit – we can only travel so long without a beverage or a potty stop.

          Party optimization is a huge task, and we all should be thankful we have someone crazier enough to attempt it.

          PS - I still think it would be fun to have the santa’s picture taken with Stan the Man at Busch stadium – right across from Metrolink stop.

          Add an A and swap some letters around ‘Santa the Man’.

          Hey Santa, Ho Santa, Santa Santa Hey.

          On Nov 21, 2007 3:30 PM, Tricia Overkamp <feyqueenmab@ yahoo.com> wrote:

          > Ok, so the "Santas At Strip Clubs" idea was vetoed. No problem.
          >
          > I'm much more interested in response to my *other* ideas. I know that
          > at least one of us has no interest in connecting with the Royal Dumpe
          > (Shame, that. I have friends who do the late night show...)
          >
          > Science
          w:st="on">Center ?
          > History
          w:st="on">Museum ?