RE: [stlouis_santarchy] StL S A N T A R C H Y

    Message 1 of 62 , Nov 19, 2007
      was that the year we piled into the back of a truck (Santa driven) because we missed the bus, were freezing and the next bus wasnt due for 45 minutes?    its was a pile of Santa's in the truck bed.  i hurt from feet in my back, elbows in my boobs and laughing all the way to soulard.   it was a blast!

      plan A - dont miss the bus (especially if they're on an hourly schedule)
      plan B - Sam the cab man, oops, dont have the number with me at the moment.
      plan C - walk.  takes 15-30 minutes to walk one mile. (in a straight line).

      but when the whistle blows and we are told we have to go NOW or miss the bus - it means NOW, not 5 minutes from NOW.
      time and bi-state wait for no santa.

       Babs

      To: stlouis_santarchy@yahoogroups.com
      From: caritasrainbow@...
      Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2007 07:35:24 -0800
      Subject: RE: [stlouis_santarchy] StL S A N T A R C H Y

      I've actually only done one Santarchy and I didn't
      "join in later". I was there from the very start,
      down on the loop. But I've done public transportation
      many other times as well.
      Anyway, I have nothing against public transport. I
      think we should definately use it. (is there any
      other way?) I was only trying to say that if it came
      down to a point (later in the night) at which it would
      be easier to take a cab, I don't think that would ruin
      the vibe or whatever.
      I'm sure it will all work out well. I really like the
      Metrolink and I did have fun when we took that the
      year I went. We never did make it to a bus that year.
      (I was referring more to the bus situation, I do like
      the trains)
      Whatever it takes to get from place to place without
      having to drive!
      ~rain

      --- "D. Michelle Vollmar Powers"
      <michelle@pittsburgh pipe.com> wrote:

      > Regarding your statement: I've never had a great
      > interaction with anyone
      > on public transportation.
      >
      > I whole-heartedly believe it's because you join
      > later and, therefore,
      > miss many of those excursions. The link has been
      > the link to MANY a
      > 'fine' moment!!!!!

      with Yahoo Mobile. Try it now. http://mobile. yahoo.com/ sports;_ylt= At9_qDKvtAbMuh1G 1SQtBI7ntAcJ

    • Rebecka Wyrde
      Message 62 of 62 , Nov 25, 2007
        5 random rules fo new york city sidewalk santas
        (from the volunteers of America guidebook)
        1. No garlic or raw onions. Two words: breath mints
        2. Don't climb down, sit on, or lean against your chimney collection box.
        3. If a child asks, "Are you really Santa Claus?" reply, "I'm Santa's helper.  The big guy is at the North Pole getting ready for Christmas."
        4. Don't accessorize you snow-white Santa beard with crumbly potato chips or sticky candy canes.  In the beard department, less is more.
        5. Do ring your bell rhythmically and say your ho-ho-ho's joyfully.  Remember: you are an icon with an image to maintain.

        So Santa's . . . maintain that image ;)