RE: [stlouis_santarchy] StL S A N T A R C H Y

    Message 1 of 62 , Nov 16, 2007
      30+ people would definately fit in Mangia, would
      totally take over CBGBs (which would be awesome imo),
      and I think would fit in Erato (although I,
      personally, don't really like wine bars)...
      Most of the S.Grand bars don't open until later I
      think? Well, CBGBs doesn't open until 9pm. Not sure
      about the others. However, that area during the day
      *is* going to have lots of people, all ages.
      So much to coordinate!
      ~rain

      --- barbara tabor <barbaratabor@...> wrote:

      > there are other ways to get to Maplewood. but its
      > location is the reason (lohr said) that they couldnt
      > make it work last year.
      > but if some of the route is altered this year, maybe
      > it can work. i agree that spring would be a great
      > time there - many venues have outdoor options.
      >
      > south grand venues. i know we have no idea how many
      > santas we will have at any time, but tends to grow
      > as the hours progress. Erato and possibly some of
      > the other venues have very limited space. will 30+
      > santas fit?
      > Babs

      Be a better pen pal.
    • Rebecka Wyrde
      Message 62 of 62 , Nov 25, 2007
        5 random rules fo new york city sidewalk santas
        (from the volunteers of America guidebook)
        1. No garlic or raw onions. Two words: breath mints
        2. Don't climb down, sit on, or lean against your chimney collection box.
        3. If a child asks, "Are you really Santa Claus?" reply, "I'm Santa's helper.  The big guy is at the North Pole getting ready for Christmas."
        4. Don't accessorize you snow-white Santa beard with crumbly potato chips or sticky candy canes.  In the beard department, less is more.
        5. Do ring your bell rhythmically and say your ho-ho-ho's joyfully.  Remember: you are an icon with an image to maintain.

        So Santa's . . . maintain that image ;)