RE: [stlouis_santarchy] mardi gras?

  • Santarchy STL
    Message 1 of 17 , Feb 20, 2004
      Well, this is pretty darn late to be throwing
      something like this together, but If people
      want to meet up, I'll put on a Santa Suit and
      meet people out there.

      -Lohr (Mega-Santa)

      > From: "Michelle Vollmar"
      > <michelle@...>
      > Ditto!
      >

      > From: John Goddard
      > [mailto:cenozoic@...]
      > I think getting the Santa suits out again
      > would be awesome...
      >

      > >From: "Lisa Case"
      > > <muzikfiend@...>
      > >so, nothing exciting going on for
      > >soulard mardi gras? are you going? etc?
      > >and will you be dressing up in any
      > >certain fashion...?

      http://antispam.yahoo.com/tools
    • Randy Hogenkamp
      Message 2 of 17 , Feb 20, 2004
        I'm not putting on that stupid suit, but I'm perfectly willing to chuckle at
        you guys wearing them Randy

        Well, this is pretty darn late to be throwing
        something like this together, but If people
        want to meet up, I'll put on a Santa Suit and
        meet people out there.

        -Lohr (Mega-Santa)

        > From: "Michelle Vollmar"
        > <michelle@...>
        > Ditto!
        >

        > From: John Goddard
        > [mailto:cenozoic@...]
        > I think getting the Santa suits out again
        > would be awesome...
        >

        > >From: "Lisa Case"
        > > <muzikfiend@...>
        > >so, nothing exciting going on for
        > >soulard mardi gras? are you going? etc?
        > >and will you be dressing up in any
        > >certain fashion...?

      • Michelle Vollmar / Pittsburgh Pipe
        Message 3 of 17 , Feb 20, 2004
          STUPID?! I love those Santas.

          I'm riding with the Banana Bike Brigade, #6, on the dolphin bike. It's a
          stiff structure (I prefer more action, such as my tiki bar), but cute. A
          documentary is being done on us, including during the parade.

          Have fun and stay clear of the cops,
          Michelle

          I'm not putting on that stupid suit, but I'm perfectly willing to chuckle at
          you guys wearing them Randy

          Well, this is pretty darn late to be throwing
          something like this together, but If people
          want to meet up, I'll put on a Santa Suit and
          meet people out there.

          -Lohr (Mega-Santa)

          > From: "Michelle Vollmar"
          > <michelle@...>
          > Ditto!
          >

          > From: John Goddard
          > [mailto:cenozoic@...]
          > I think getting the Santa suits out again
          > would be awesome...
          >

          > >From: "Lisa Case"
          > > <muzikfiend@...>
          > >so, nothing exciting going on for
          > >soulard mardi gras? are you going? etc?
          > >and will you be dressing up in any
          > >certain fashion...?

          Yahoo! Groups Links
        • alix
          Message 4 of 17 , Feb 20, 2004
            Blue Santa will be there, minus the itchy white beard. Look for me
            in red/black jester's hat, primarily around Schafly's "free" tent by
            Soulard Market. Also for sure at Clementine's High Heel race
            (watching, not staggering (yet, I hope)) at 3 pm Saturday, and then
            Bead-Toss at Bastille (I want that Harley jacket!). Am staying at
            Holiday Inn Convention Center all weekend if anyone wants to say
            hi/split a drink up Wash Avenue way. Let the good times roll,
            Santarchyists!

            sir alix with an i (bruce the mizzou masseuse)
            "Bruce Williams"

            --- In stlouis_santarchy@yahoogroups.com, "Lisa Case"
            Message 5 of 17 , Feb 20, 2004
              Michelle, you could throw on some Santa
              stuff after the parade. You guys have
              clenched it for me. I'm goinug to dress
              up as Santa for the beginning part of the
              day, during the parade.

              It's my friend's Shawn's 30th B-Day on
              parade day, so I'll show up at his B-Day
              breakfast as Santa with his presents.
              Shawn actually was on the 1st
              StL Santarchy Crawl. He was the Pancho
              Santa in the photos on the Yahoo Group.

              Santa's, I'll HO HO Hope to see you at
              the Mardi Gras parade.

              BTW, I'll be catching it somewhere from
              Soulard to Allen

              -Lohr (Mega-Santa)

              P.S. Do you think the cops would take
              away the mega-phone if I brought it out?

              Message 6 of 17 , Feb 20, 2004
                Bring the megaphone Lhr!!! And we'll have bail ready JIC.
                Everyone, don't forget to wear your nipple tape so cops have less
                reason to bust us when we flash our breasts ... (the crowd does give
                beads for jiggly male breasts, don't it?...) See ya by Soulard Market
                during parade, Clem's at 3 pm. Everybody, your first drink's on me
                when ya find me (in exchange for beads, I'll need more!)

                sir alix with an i (bruce the mizzou masseuse)

                --- In stlouis_santarchy@yahoogroups.com, Lohr <stlouisburn@y...>

                Message 7 of 17 , Feb 20, 2004
                  I hope I find you. When is Bastille's bead toss? I, too, will be at the
                  "Drag Race" (ah, the good ol' days). Look for glittery sunglasses and a
                  smile, as I may be changing after the parade and don't know what I'll be
                  wearing (santa hat, big purple hat, no hat, mask...).

                  ~Sexy Santa

                  wrote:
                  > Michelle, you could throw on some Santa
                  > stuff after the parade. You guys have
                  > clenched it for me. I'm goinug to dress
                  > up as Santa for the beginning part of the
                  > day, during the parade.
                  >
                  > It's my friend's Shawn's 30th B-Day on
                  > parade day, so I'll show up at his B-Day
                  > breakfast as Santa with his presents.
                  > Shawn actually was on the 1st
                  > StL Santarchy Crawl. He was the Pancho
                  > Santa in the photos on the Yahoo Group.
                  >
                  > Santa's, I'll HO HO Hope to see you at
                  > the Mardi Gras parade.
                  >
                  > BTW, I'll be catching it somewhere from
                  > Soulard to Allen
                  >
                  > -Lohr (Mega-Santa)
                  >

                  > P.S. Do you think the cops would take
                  > away the mega-phone if I brought it out?

                  > http://antispam.yahoo.com/tools

                  Yahoo! Groups Links
                • Marianne Nubel

                    Message 9 of 17 , Feb 20, 2004
                      The Bastille is at 3pm (I think)
                      Bastille - Russell and Menard
                      Clementines - Allen and Menard

                      They are the two Soulard Gay bars
                      and they're 1 block apart.

                      -Regards,

                      Message 10 of 17 , Feb 20, 2004
                        Bastille is at Menard and Russell, Clem's is one block North of there at Allen & Menard.  See if you can't pick up a "schedule of events" at one of the bars, this lists venues, bands, addresses, etc.  FYI:  For those who don't know and might? care, both of these are gay bars, although I've been to both of them several times and find them to be hospitable.  Clem's was the only one for years (some of us went there on our Santarchy excursion).  I find Bastille to be nicer (and cleaner), but nothing's the same during Mardi Gras.  That's my 2 cents.

                        D. Michelle Vollmar
                        Assistant to the President
                        PITTSBURGH PIPE/TDI
                        170 Humboldt Ave.
                        St. Louis, MO 63147-2607
                        (314) 383-5300 x206
                        (800) 325-2653 x206
                        (314) 383-2322: Fax
                        michelle@...

                        wrote:
                        > Michelle, you could throw on some Santa
                        > stuff after the parade.  You guys have
                        > clenched it for me.  I'm goinug to dress
                        > up as Santa for the beginning part of the
                        > day, during the parade.
                        >
                        > It's my friend's Shawn's 30th B-Day on
                        > parade day, so I'll show up at his B-Day
                        > breakfast as Santa with his presents.
                        > Shawn actually was on the 1st
                        > StL Santarchy Crawl.  He was the Pancho
                        > Santa in the photos on the Yahoo Group.
                        >
                        > Santa's, I'll HO HO Hope to see you at
                        > the Mardi Gras parade.
                        >
                        > BTW, I'll be catching it somewhere from
                        > Soulard to Allen
                        >
                        > -Lohr (Mega-Santa)
                        >

                        > P.S.  Do you think the cops would take
                        > away the mega-phone if I brought it out?

                        > http://antispam.yahoo.com/tools

                        Yahoo! Groups Links

                      • truckbot
                        Message 11 of 17 , Feb 20, 2004
                          Re: [stlouis_santarchy] Re: mardi gras? hey lohr...

                          if your worried about the mega phone
                          what do you think will be said about my
                          tophat?  originally i was thinking santa suit
                          but now i'm voting fire.....

                          leef

                          From: Lohr <stlouisburn@...>
                          Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2004 11:13:05 -0800 (PST)
                          To: stlouis_santarchy@yahoogroups.com
                          Subject: Re: [stlouis_santarchy] Re: mardi gras?

                          The Bastille is at 3pm (I think)
                          Bastille - Russell and Menard
                          Clementines - Allen and Menard

                          They are the two Soulard Gay bars
                          and they're 1 block apart.

                          -Regards,

                          --- Marianne Nubel <mkhildy999@...> wrote:
                          > Also, please, for those of us new to town, WHERE is
                          > Bastille's bead toss?  A street address for
                          > Clementine's would be helpful, too!  Satan/Santa and
                          > I will be there all day, but alas, not in Santa
                          > suits.  But I'll buy a drink for any santa I see!
                          > Ho ho HO!!!!
                          >
                          > XXX 000!!!  -Marianne (aka Secret Santa)
                          >
                          > Michelle Vollmar / Pittsburgh Pipe
                          > <michelle@...> wrote:
                          > I hope I find you.  When is Bastille's bead toss?
                          > I, too, will be at the
                          > "Drag Race" (ah, the good ol' days).  Look for
                          > glittery sunglasses and a
                          > smile, as I may be changing after the parade and
                          > don't know what I'll be
                          > wearing (santa hat, big purple hat, no hat,
                          > mask...).
                          >
                          > ~Sexy Santa

                        • alix
                          Message 12 of 17 , Feb 20, 2004
                            Online at the hotel ... woo hoo! Come say hi...
                            Clementine's is at 2001 Menard. Bastille is one block south of
                            Clem's, at 1027 Russell. Both in Soulard, listed on Mardi Gras event
                            maps (pick up a free Riverfront Times), both gay but very fun and
                            open-minded, both sell great food, have pool tables, etc. Bastille
                            Bead Toss is 11a-7p, $5 a toss I believe (benefitting charity). I
                            want that jacket!
                            What else? Got to catch up... Remember, I wear my glasses on a
                            rope so I don't lose them (an added hint to finding me and your
                            hurricane/whatever drink). So professorial...
                            Is Lohr hosting the Saturday night party? <very evil grin>

                            sir alix with an i (bruce the masseuse)
                          • Santarchy STL
                            Message 13 of 17 , Feb 20, 2004
                              You are evil. I have no plans, but stranger things
                              have happened.

                              -Regards,

                              Message 14 of 17 , Feb 20, 2004
                                Heeheehee ... That's why I'm called Blue Santa ... among other
                                reasons. Will probably have on the usual jeans blue jacket, if it's
                                cold as expected (though I might try to leave it at my bar-of-choice
                                HQ-for-the-day). Did bring the beard and Santa hat, but undecided on
                                when to wear it. At Clem's, probably. Got special beads to throw at
                                you, Michelle, when the Bananas ride by (Soulard or somewhere
                                earlier, depending on crowd depth.). Catch!

                                sir alix

                                --- In stlouis_santarchy@yahoogroups.com, Santarchy STL