RE: [stlouis_santarchy] mardi gras?

  • John Goddard
    Message 1 of 17 , Feb 14, 2004
      I think getting the Santa suits out again would be awesome...

      jg

      Contact:
      3000 Lemp Avenue
      St. Louis, MO 63118
      PH: 314-865-0039

      John Goddard is a freelance writer, vocalist, composer and
      multi-instrumentalist who resides in St. Louis, Missouri, USA. He is a
      regular contributor to the Riverfront Times and founder of the Cenozoic
      ensemble.

      >From: "Lisa Case" <muzikfiend@...>
      >To: stlouis_santarchy@yahoogroups.com
      >Subject: [stlouis_santarchy] mardi gras?
      >Date: Sat, 14 Feb 2004 11:23:44 -0600
      >
      >so, nothing exciting going on for soulard mardi gras? are you going? etc?
      >and will you be dressing up in any certain fashion...?

      >Get some great ideas here for your sweetheart on Valentine's Day - and
      >beyond. http://special.msn.com/network/celebrateromance.armx

      Click here for a FREE online computer virus scan from McAfee.
    • Michelle Vollmar / Pittsburgh Pipe
      Message 2 of 17 , Feb 16, 2004
        Ditto!

        D. Michelle Vollmar
        Assistant to the President
        PITTSBURGH PIPE/TDI
        170 Humboldt Ave.
        St. Louis, MO 63147-2607
        (314) 383-5300 x206
        (800) 325-2653 x206
        (314) 383-2322: Fax
        michelle@...

        I think getting the Santa suits out again would be awesome...

        jg

        Contact:
        3000 Lemp Avenue
        St. Louis, MO 63118
        PH: 314-865-0039

        John Goddard is a freelance writer, vocalist, composer and
        multi-instrumentalist who resides in St. Louis, Missouri, USA. He is a
        regular contributor to the Riverfront Times and founder of the Cenozoic
        ensemble.

        >From: "Lisa Case" <muzikfiend@...>
        >To: stlouis_santarchy@yahoogroups.com
        >Subject: [stlouis_santarchy] mardi gras?
        >Date: Sat, 14 Feb 2004 11:23:44 -0600
        >
        >so, nothing exciting going on for soulard mardi gras? are you going? etc?
        >and will you be dressing up in any certain fashion...?

        >Get some great ideas here for your sweetheart on Valentine's Day - and
        >beyond. http://special.msn.com/network/celebrateromance.armx

      • Santarchy STL
        Message 3 of 17 , Feb 20, 2004
          Well, this is pretty darn late to be throwing
          something like this together, but If people
          want to meet up, I'll put on a Santa Suit and
          meet people out there.

          -Lohr (Mega-Santa)

          > From: "Michelle Vollmar"
          > <michelle@...>
          > Ditto!
          >

          > From: John Goddard
          > [mailto:cenozoic@...]
          > I think getting the Santa suits out again
          > would be awesome...
          >

          > >From: "Lisa Case"
          > > <muzikfiend@...>
          > >so, nothing exciting going on for
          > >soulard mardi gras? are you going? etc?
          > >and will you be dressing up in any
          > >certain fashion...?

          http://antispam.yahoo.com/tools
        • Randy Hogenkamp
          Message 4 of 17 , Feb 20, 2004
            I'm not putting on that stupid suit, but I'm perfectly willing to chuckle at
            you guys wearing them Randy

            Message 5 of 17 , Feb 20, 2004
              STUPID?! I love those Santas.

              I'm riding with the Banana Bike Brigade, #6, on the dolphin bike. It's a
              stiff structure (I prefer more action, such as my tiki bar), but cute. A
              documentary is being done on us, including during the parade.

              Have fun and stay clear of the cops,
              Michelle

              I'm not putting on that stupid suit, but I'm perfectly willing to chuckle at
              you guys wearing them Randy

              Well, this is pretty darn late to be throwing
              something like this together, but If people
              want to meet up, I'll put on a Santa Suit and
              meet people out there.

              -Lohr (Mega-Santa)

              > From: "Michelle Vollmar"
              > <michelle@...>
              > Ditto!
              >

              > From: John Goddard
              > [mailto:cenozoic@...]
              > I think getting the Santa suits out again
              > would be awesome...
              >

              > >From: "Lisa Case"
              > > <muzikfiend@...>
              > >so, nothing exciting going on for
              > >soulard mardi gras? are you going? etc?
              > >and will you be dressing up in any
              > >certain fashion...?

              Yahoo! Groups Links
            • alix
              Message 6 of 17 , Feb 20, 2004
                Blue Santa will be there, minus the itchy white beard. Look for me
                in red/black jester's hat, primarily around Schafly's "free" tent by
                Soulard Market. Also for sure at Clementine's High Heel race
                (watching, not staggering (yet, I hope)) at 3 pm Saturday, and then
                Bead-Toss at Bastille (I want that Harley jacket!). Am staying at
                Holiday Inn Convention Center all weekend if anyone wants to say
                hi/split a drink up Wash Avenue way. Let the good times roll,
                Santarchyists!

                sir alix with an i (bruce the mizzou masseuse)
                "Bruce Williams"

                --- In stlouis_santarchy@yahoogroups.com, "Lisa Case"
                Message 7 of 17 , Feb 20, 2004
                  Michelle, you could throw on some Santa
                  stuff after the parade. You guys have
                  clenched it for me. I'm goinug to dress
                  up as Santa for the beginning part of the
                  day, during the parade.

                  It's my friend's Shawn's 30th B-Day on
                  parade day, so I'll show up at his B-Day
                  breakfast as Santa with his presents.
                  Shawn actually was on the 1st
                  StL Santarchy Crawl. He was the Pancho
                  Santa in the photos on the Yahoo Group.

                  Santa's, I'll HO HO Hope to see you at
                  the Mardi Gras parade.

                  BTW, I'll be catching it somewhere from
                  Soulard to Allen

                  -Lohr (Mega-Santa)

                  P.S. Do you think the cops would take
                  away the mega-phone if I brought it out?

                  Message 8 of 17 , Feb 20, 2004
                    Bring the megaphone Lhr!!! And we'll have bail ready JIC.
                    Everyone, don't forget to wear your nipple tape so cops have less
                    reason to bust us when we flash our breasts ... (the crowd does give
                    beads for jiggly male breasts, don't it?...) See ya by Soulard Market
                    during parade, Clem's at 3 pm. Everybody, your first drink's on me
                    when ya find me (in exchange for beads, I'll need more!)

                    sir alix with an i (bruce the mizzou masseuse)

                    --- In stlouis_santarchy@yahoogroups.com, Lohr <stlouisburn@y...>

                    Message 9 of 17 , Feb 20, 2004
                      I hope I find you. When is Bastille's bead toss? I, too, will be at the
                      "Drag Race" (ah, the good ol' days). Look for glittery sunglasses and a
                      smile, as I may be changing after the parade and don't know what I'll be
                      wearing (santa hat, big purple hat, no hat, mask...).

                      ~Sexy Santa

                      wrote:
                      > Michelle, you could throw on some Santa
                      > stuff after the parade. You guys have
                      > clenched it for me. I'm goinug to dress
                      > up as Santa for the beginning part of the
                      > day, during the parade.
                      >
                      > It's my friend's Shawn's 30th B-Day on
                      > parade day, so I'll show up at his B-Day
                      > breakfast as Santa with his presents.
                      > Shawn actually was on the 1st
                      > StL Santarchy Crawl. He was the Pancho
                      > Santa in the photos on the Yahoo Group.
                      >
                      > Santa's, I'll HO HO Hope to see you at
                      > the Mardi Gras parade.
                      >
                      > BTW, I'll be catching it somewhere from
                      > Soulard to Allen
                      >
                      > -Lohr (Mega-Santa)
                      >

                      > P.S. Do you think the cops would take
                      > away the mega-phone if I brought it out?

                      > http://antispam.yahoo.com/tools

                      Yahoo! Groups Links
                    • Marianne Nubel

                        Message 11 of 17 , Feb 20, 2004
                          The Bastille is at 3pm (I think)
                          Bastille - Russell and Menard
                          Clementines - Allen and Menard

                          They are the two Soulard Gay bars
                          and they're 1 block apart.

                          -Regards,

                          Message 12 of 17 , Feb 20, 2004
                            Bastille is at Menard and Russell, Clem's is one block North of there at Allen & Menard.  See if you can't pick up a "schedule of events" at one of the bars, this lists venues, bands, addresses, etc.  FYI:  For those who don't know and might? care, both of these are gay bars, although I've been to both of them several times and find them to be hospitable.  Clem's was the only one for years (some of us went there on our Santarchy excursion).  I find Bastille to be nicer (and cleaner), but nothing's the same during Mardi Gras.  That's my 2 cents.

                            D. Michelle Vollmar
                            Assistant to the President
                            PITTSBURGH PIPE/TDI
                            170 Humboldt Ave.
                            St. Louis, MO 63147-2607
                            (314) 383-5300 x206
                            (800) 325-2653 x206
                            (314) 383-2322: Fax
                            michelle@...

                            wrote:
                            > Michelle, you could throw on some Santa
                            > stuff after the parade.  You guys have
                            > clenched it for me.  I'm goinug to dress
                            > up as Santa for the beginning part of the
                            > day, during the parade.
                            >
                            > It's my friend's Shawn's 30th B-Day on
                            > parade day, so I'll show up at his B-Day
                            > breakfast as Santa with his presents.
                            > Shawn actually was on the 1st
                            > StL Santarchy Crawl.  He was the Pancho
                            > Santa in the photos on the Yahoo Group.
                            >
                            > Santa's, I'll HO HO Hope to see you at
                            > the Mardi Gras parade.
                            >
                            > BTW, I'll be catching it somewhere from
                            > Soulard to Allen
                            >
                            > -Lohr (Mega-Santa)
                            >

                            > P.S.  Do you think the cops would take
                            > away the mega-phone if I brought it out?

                            > http://antispam.yahoo.com/tools

                            Yahoo! Groups Links

                          • truckbot
                            Message 13 of 17 , Feb 20, 2004
                              Re: [stlouis_santarchy] Re: mardi gras? hey lohr...

                              if your worried about the mega phone
                              what do you think will be said about my
                              tophat?  originally i was thinking santa suit
                              but now i'm voting fire.....

                              leef

                              From: Lohr <stlouisburn@...>
                              Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2004 11:13:05 -0800 (PST)
                              To: stlouis_santarchy@yahoogroups.com
                              Subject: Re: [stlouis_santarchy] Re: mardi gras?

                              The Bastille is at 3pm (I think)
                              Bastille - Russell and Menard
                              Clementines - Allen and Menard

                              They are the two Soulard Gay bars
                              and they're 1 block apart.

                              -Regards,

                              --- Marianne Nubel <mkhildy999@...> wrote:
                              > Also, please, for those of us new to town, WHERE is
                              > Bastille's bead toss?  A street address for
                              > Clementine's would be helpful, too!  Satan/Santa and
                              > I will be there all day, but alas, not in Santa
                              > suits.  But I'll buy a drink for any santa I see!
                              > Ho ho HO!!!!
                              >
                              > XXX 000!!!  -Marianne (aka Secret Santa)
                              >
                              > Michelle Vollmar / Pittsburgh Pipe
                              > <michelle@...> wrote:
                              > I hope I find you.  When is Bastille's bead toss?
                              > I, too, will be at the
                              > "Drag Race" (ah, the good ol' days).  Look for
                              > glittery sunglasses and a
                              > smile, as I may be changing after the parade and
                              > don't know what I'll be
                              > wearing (santa hat, big purple hat, no hat,
                              > mask...).
                              >
                              > ~Sexy Santa

                            • alix
                              Message 14 of 17 , Feb 20, 2004
                                Online at the hotel ... woo hoo! Come say hi...
                                Clementine's is at 2001 Menard. Bastille is one block south of
                                Clem's, at 1027 Russell. Both in Soulard, listed on Mardi Gras event
                                maps (pick up a free Riverfront Times), both gay but very fun and
                                open-minded, both sell great food, have pool tables, etc. Bastille
                                Bead Toss is 11a-7p, $5 a toss I believe (benefitting charity). I
                                want that jacket!
                                What else? Got to catch up... Remember, I wear my glasses on a
                                rope so I don't lose them (an added hint to finding me and your
                                hurricane/whatever drink). So professorial...
                                Is Lohr hosting the Saturday night party? <very evil grin>

                                sir alix with an i (bruce the masseuse)
                              • Santarchy STL
                                Message 15 of 17 , Feb 20, 2004
                                  You are evil. I have no plans, but stranger things
                                  have happened.

                                  -Regards,

                                  Message 16 of 17 , Feb 20, 2004
                                    Heeheehee ... That's why I'm called Blue Santa ... among other
                                    reasons. Will probably have on the usual jeans blue jacket, if it's
                                    cold as expected (though I might try to leave it at my bar-of-choice
                                    HQ-for-the-day). Did bring the beard and Santa hat, but undecided on
                                    when to wear it. At Clem's, probably. Got special beads to throw at
                                    you, Michelle, when the Bananas ride by (Soulard or somewhere
                                    earlier, depending on crowd depth.). Catch!

                                    sir alix

                                    --- In stlouis_santarchy@yahoogroups.com, Santarchy STL