RE: [stlouis_santarchy] StL S A N T A R C H Y

    Message 1 of 62 , Nov 13, 2007

      Its probably best we change public places each year.  they seemed to enjoy as at the history museum, but they may have just been being polite.

      Let me do some research.

      I just wish we could predict the weather.  Walking a mile is easy, but when the chill factor is below zero it aint so much fun.

      Maybe I can figure out a good weather plan, and a not so good weather plan.

      We might be able to bus from science center to the grove, and we might be able to bus from the grove to south grand.

      I will check on our 1 bus options.  I don’t see us making a bunch of transfers.

      And in response to another email.  The bar at union station is pricey, but I’ve had some great times there.  One year a bride insisted on a picture with all the santas.  I think it was last year there were a bunch of physicians at a conference and they were a hoot.   I like mixing the high-end with the low-end.    But if skipping union station enables some of the other ideas, that would be fine with me.  I once was a poor college student (long long ago).  Our budget’s a little tight this year too.  12 hours of eating, drinking and tipping can add up.   That’s why I suggested we incorporate white castle/taco bell into our path.

      From: Lana Camp <brniidgirl@yahoo. com>
      To: stlouis_santarchy@ yahoogroups. com
      Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2007 14:54:05 -0800 (PST)

      · The Landing is perpetually lame (apologies to
      anyone who frequents this college
      fratboy/girls- gone-wild pukefest--I' m too old and too
      anal to clean vomit off my shoes) .

      · I think The Grove is a fantastic hotspot; new
      and fresh...AC knows and loves most of us. Amp,
      Novak's and Attitudes will get a huge kick out of us,
      and the ChurchKey will certainly have a ball seeing
      our throng of North Pole Soopah Stahhz.

      · U-City is always a classic good time had by
      all...

      · Downtown is good; they need the excitement,
      anyway.

      · SouthGrand would be most appreciated by me,
      seeing as how I am their Princess (see: word on the
      street, RFT) and they could use a little culture,
      'cause they are sooo unhip(that was called sarcasm for
      all who couldn't tell).

      · The CWE is great too, but I could give or
      take it, personally.. .It IS close to a MetroLink
      Station and you can't beat that with a candy cane.

      So that's my two cents for this year's locales of
      jolly, liquor-filled belligerence. I hope I didn't
      offend too many people by my opinions--some say I give
      constructive criticism... others will call me a
      betch...Either way, I MUST LET IT ALL OUT!

      Message 62 of 62 , Nov 25, 2007
        5 random rules fo new york city sidewalk santas
        (from the volunteers of America guidebook)
        1. No garlic or raw onions. Two words: breath mints
        2. Don't climb down, sit on, or lean against your chimney collection box.
        3. If a child asks, "Are you really Santa Claus?" reply, "I'm Santa's helper.  The big guy is at the North Pole getting ready for Christmas."
        4. Don't accessorize you snow-white Santa beard with crumbly potato chips or sticky candy canes.  In the beard department, less is more.
        5. Do ring your bell rhythmically and say your ho-ho-ho's joyfully.  Remember: you are an icon with an image to maintain.

        So Santa's . . . maintain that image ;)