Re: [stlouis_santarchy] StL S A N T A R C H Y

    Message 1 of 62 , Nov 13, 2007

      i wrote this 'too long' email yesterday, so it may be a little out of sync with some of the recent responses.  my email locked and i couldnt send it - and i'm too lazy to re-edit it now. it would probably just get longer.

      -lazy claus

      what's wrong with being a betch? its been working for me for years.

      i hope everyone realizes how much work Lohr and his elves do to create the schedule. they have to coordinate fun places, that might provide specials for us, with the accessibility of public transit and its saturday schedule. mixing in some walking and public spaces, because its more than a pub crawl. and then he has to try to please all of us. that's a tougher job than delivering present around the world in one night.

      the clubs of washington ave were dropped because they just werent that fun at the time of evening we were hitting them (and the cabin closed). this can be true of other areas. but then again, we are our own party so it doesnt really matter where we go. i've had as much fun getting to the bars as i've had at them. nothin's more fun than 20+ santas on a bus.

      imo, spreading the santarchy experience to new areas is always a good idea. but it has to be doable. how would we get to/from there (bus schedules/metrolink?). where might it make sense to add this spot to the schedule. list particular bars and contacts you might have.

      any ideas for new publlic spaces that would fit the schedule? i thought the history museum was great last year. but I would like to do a different/similar type of location this year. one with beverage options is a big plus. or just someplace we can stroll thru - being thrown out of is optional. maybe in 2008 the st. louis centre will be reopened.

      maybe if we add "the grove", we can get a stop in at the Science Center. amuse the people waiting to get into bodyworks. or a dozen of us could take a segway lesson. Santas on segways - now thats cool. (but not free).

      whatever the schedule ends up to be, it will be good overall. we will have loads of fun.

      You can please some of the Santas all of the time, You can please all of the Santas some of the time, but you cant please all of the Santas all of the time.

      Babs

      From: Lana Camp <brniidgirl@...>
      To: stlouis_santarchy@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: Re: [stlouis_santarchy] StL S A N T A R C H Y
      Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2007 14:54:05 -0800 (PST)

              The Landing is perpetually lame (apologies to anyone who frequents this college fratboy/girls-gone-wild pukefest--I'm too old and too anal to clean vomit off my shoes) .

              I think The Grove is a fantastic hotspot; new and fresh...AC knows and loves most of us. Amp, Novak's and Attitudes will get a huge kick out of us, and the ChurchKey will certainly have a ball seeing our throng of North Pole Soopah Stahhz.

              U-City is always a classic good time had by all...

              Downtown is good; they need the excitement, anyway.

              SouthGrand would be most appreciated by me, seeing as how I am their Princess (see: word on the street, RFT) and they could use a little culture, 'cause they are sooo unhip(that was called sarcasm for all who couldn't tell).

              The CWE is great too, but I could give or take it, personally...It IS close to a MetroLink Station and you can't beat that with a candy cane.

      So that's my two cents for this year's locales of jolly, liquor-filled belligerence. I hope I didn't offend too many people by my opinions--some say I give constructive criticism...others will call me a betch...Either way, I MUST LET IT ALL OUT!

      Message 62 of 62 , Nov 25, 2007
        5 random rules fo new york city sidewalk santas
        (from the volunteers of America guidebook)
        1. No garlic or raw onions. Two words: breath mints
        2. Don't climb down, sit on, or lean against your chimney collection box.
        3. If a child asks, "Are you really Santa Claus?" reply, "I'm Santa's helper.  The big guy is at the North Pole getting ready for Christmas."
        4. Don't accessorize you snow-white Santa beard with crumbly potato chips or sticky candy canes.  In the beard department, less is more.
        5. Do ring your bell rhythmically and say your ho-ho-ho's joyfully.  Remember: you are an icon with an image to maintain.

        So Santa's . . . maintain that image ;)