mardi gras?

  • Lisa Case
    Message 1 of 17 , Feb 14 9:23 AM
      so, nothing exciting going on for soulard mardi gras? are you going? etc?
      and will you be dressing up in any certain fashion...?

      Get some great ideas here for your sweetheart on Valentine's Day - and
      beyond. http://special.msn.com/network/celebrateromance.armx
    • John Goddard
      Message 2 of 17 , Feb 14 11:54 AM
        I think getting the Santa suits out again would be awesome...

        jg

        Contact:
        3000 Lemp Avenue
        St. Louis, MO 63118
        PH: 314-865-0039

        John Goddard is a freelance writer, vocalist, composer and
        multi-instrumentalist who resides in St. Louis, Missouri, USA. He is a
        regular contributor to the Riverfront Times and founder of the Cenozoic
        ensemble.

        >From: "Lisa Case" <muzikfiend@...>
        >To: stlouis_santarchy@yahoogroups.com
        >Subject: [stlouis_santarchy] mardi gras?
        >Date: Sat, 14 Feb 2004 11:23:44 -0600
        >
        >so, nothing exciting going on for soulard mardi gras? are you going? etc?
        >and will you be dressing up in any certain fashion...?

        >Get some great ideas here for your sweetheart on Valentine's Day - and
        >beyond. http://special.msn.com/network/celebrateromance.armx

        Click here for a FREE online computer virus scan from McAfee.
      • Michelle Vollmar / Pittsburgh Pipe
        Message 3 of 17 , Feb 16 11:04 AM
          Ditto!

          D. Michelle Vollmar
          Assistant to the President
          PITTSBURGH PIPE/TDI
          170 Humboldt Ave.
          St. Louis, MO 63147-2607
          (314) 383-5300 x206
          (800) 325-2653 x206
          (314) 383-2322: Fax
          michelle@...

          I think getting the Santa suits out again would be awesome...

          jg

          Contact:
          3000 Lemp Avenue
          St. Louis, MO 63118
          PH: 314-865-0039

          John Goddard is a freelance writer, vocalist, composer and
          multi-instrumentalist who resides in St. Louis, Missouri, USA. He is a
          regular contributor to the Riverfront Times and founder of the Cenozoic
          ensemble.

          >From: "Lisa Case" <muzikfiend@...>
          >To: stlouis_santarchy@yahoogroups.com
          >Subject: [stlouis_santarchy] mardi gras?
          >Date: Sat, 14 Feb 2004 11:23:44 -0600
          >
          >so, nothing exciting going on for soulard mardi gras? are you going? etc?
          >and will you be dressing up in any certain fashion...?

          >Get some great ideas here for your sweetheart on Valentine's Day - and
          >beyond. http://special.msn.com/network/celebrateromance.armx

        • Santarchy STL
          Message 4 of 17 , Feb 20 7:51 AM
            Well, this is pretty darn late to be throwing
            something like this together, but If people
            want to meet up, I'll put on a Santa Suit and
            meet people out there.

            -Lohr (Mega-Santa)

            > From: "Michelle Vollmar"
            > <michelle@...>
            > Ditto!
            >

            > From: John Goddard
            > [mailto:cenozoic@...]
            > I think getting the Santa suits out again
            > would be awesome...
            >

            > >From: "Lisa Case"
            > > <muzikfiend@...>
            > >so, nothing exciting going on for
            > >soulard mardi gras? are you going? etc?
            > >and will you be dressing up in any
            > >certain fashion...?

            http://antispam.yahoo.com/tools
          • Randy Hogenkamp
            Message 5 of 17 , Feb 20 8:06 AM
              I'm not putting on that stupid suit, but I'm perfectly willing to chuckle at
              you guys wearing them Randy

              Message 6 of 17 , Feb 20 8:44 AM
                STUPID?! I love those Santas.

                I'm riding with the Banana Bike Brigade, #6, on the dolphin bike. It's a
                stiff structure (I prefer more action, such as my tiki bar), but cute. A
                documentary is being done on us, including during the parade.

                Have fun and stay clear of the cops,
                Michelle

                I'm not putting on that stupid suit, but I'm perfectly willing to chuckle at
                you guys wearing them Randy

                Well, this is pretty darn late to be throwing
                something like this together, but If people
                want to meet up, I'll put on a Santa Suit and
                meet people out there.

                -Lohr (Mega-Santa)

                > From: "Michelle Vollmar"
                > <michelle@...>
                > Ditto!
                >

                > From: John Goddard
                > [mailto:cenozoic@...]
                > I think getting the Santa suits out again
                > would be awesome...
                >

                > >From: "Lisa Case"
                > > <muzikfiend@...>
                > >so, nothing exciting going on for
                > >soulard mardi gras? are you going? etc?
                > >and will you be dressing up in any
                > >certain fashion...?

                Yahoo! Groups Links
              • alix
                Message 7 of 17 , Feb 20 8:45 AM
                  Blue Santa will be there, minus the itchy white beard. Look for me
                  in red/black jester's hat, primarily around Schafly's "free" tent by
                  Soulard Market. Also for sure at Clementine's High Heel race
                  (watching, not staggering (yet, I hope)) at 3 pm Saturday, and then
                  Bead-Toss at Bastille (I want that Harley jacket!). Am staying at
                  Holiday Inn Convention Center all weekend if anyone wants to say
                  hi/split a drink up Wash Avenue way. Let the good times roll,
                  Santarchyists!

                  sir alix with an i (bruce the mizzou masseuse)
                  "Bruce Williams"

                  --- In stlouis_santarchy@yahoogroups.com, "Lisa Case"
                  Message 8 of 17 , Feb 20 9:00 AM
                    Michelle, you could throw on some Santa
                    stuff after the parade. You guys have
                    clenched it for me. I'm goinug to dress
                    up as Santa for the beginning part of the
                    day, during the parade.

                    It's my friend's Shawn's 30th B-Day on
                    parade day, so I'll show up at his B-Day
                    breakfast as Santa with his presents.
                    Shawn actually was on the 1st
                    StL Santarchy Crawl. He was the Pancho
                    Santa in the photos on the Yahoo Group.

                    Santa's, I'll HO HO Hope to see you at
                    the Mardi Gras parade.

                    BTW, I'll be catching it somewhere from
                    Soulard to Allen

                    -Lohr (Mega-Santa)

                    P.S. Do you think the cops would take
                    away the mega-phone if I brought it out?

                    Message 9 of 17 , Feb 20 9:34 AM
                      Bring the megaphone Lhr!!! And we'll have bail ready JIC.
                      Everyone, don't forget to wear your nipple tape so cops have less
                      reason to bust us when we flash our breasts ... (the crowd does give
                      beads for jiggly male breasts, don't it?...) See ya by Soulard Market
                      during parade, Clem's at 3 pm. Everybody, your first drink's on me
                      when ya find me (in exchange for beads, I'll need more!)

                      sir alix with an i (bruce the mizzou masseuse)

                      --- In stlouis_santarchy@yahoogroups.com, Lohr <stlouisburn@y...>

                      Message 10 of 17 , Feb 20 9:54 AM
                        I hope I find you. When is Bastille's bead toss? I, too, will be at the
                        "Drag Race" (ah, the good ol' days). Look for glittery sunglasses and a
                        smile, as I may be changing after the parade and don't know what I'll be
                        wearing (santa hat, big purple hat, no hat, mask...).

                        ~Sexy Santa

                        wrote:
                        > Michelle, you could throw on some Santa
                        > stuff after the parade. You guys have
                        > clenched it for me. I'm goinug to dress
                        > up as Santa for the beginning part of the
                        > day, during the parade.
                        >
                        > It's my friend's Shawn's 30th B-Day on
                        > parade day, so I'll show up at his B-Day
                        > breakfast as Santa with his presents.
                        > Shawn actually was on the 1st
                        > StL Santarchy Crawl. He was the Pancho
                        > Santa in the photos on the Yahoo Group.
                        >
                        > Santa's, I'll HO HO Hope to see you at
                        > the Mardi Gras parade.
                        >
                        > BTW, I'll be catching it somewhere from
                        > Soulard to Allen
                        >
                        > -Lohr (Mega-Santa)
                        >

                        > P.S. Do you think the cops would take
                        > away the mega-phone if I brought it out?

                        > http://antispam.yahoo.com/tools

                        Yahoo! Groups Links
                      • Marianne Nubel

                          Message 12 of 17 , Feb 20 11:13 AM
                            The Bastille is at 3pm (I think)
                            Bastille - Russell and Menard
                            Clementines - Allen and Menard

                            They are the two Soulard Gay bars
                            and they're 1 block apart.

                            -Regards,

                            Message 13 of 17 , Feb 20 11:17 AM
                              Bastille is at Menard and Russell, Clem's is one block North of there at Allen & Menard.  See if you can't pick up a "schedule of events" at one of the bars, this lists venues, bands, addresses, etc.  FYI:  For those who don't know and might? care, both of these are gay bars, although I've been to both of them several times and find them to be hospitable.  Clem's was the only one for years (some of us went there on our Santarchy excursion).  I find Bastille to be nicer (and cleaner), but nothing's the same during Mardi Gras.  That's my 2 cents.

                              D. Michelle Vollmar
                              Assistant to the President
                              PITTSBURGH PIPE/TDI
                              170 Humboldt Ave.
                              St. Louis, MO 63147-2607
                              (314) 383-5300 x206
                              (800) 325-2653 x206
                              (314) 383-2322: Fax
                              michelle@...

                              wrote:
                              > Michelle, you could throw on some Santa
                              > stuff after the parade.  You guys have
                              > clenched it for me.  I'm goinug to dress
                              > up as Santa for the beginning part of the
                              > day, during the parade.
                              >
                              > It's my friend's Shawn's 30th B-Day on
                              > parade day, so I'll show up at his B-Day
                              > breakfast as Santa with his presents.
                              > Shawn actually was on the 1st
                              > StL Santarchy Crawl.  He was the Pancho
                              > Santa in the photos on the Yahoo Group.
                              >
                              > Santa's, I'll HO HO Hope to see you at
                              > the Mardi Gras parade.
                              >
                              > BTW, I'll be catching it somewhere from
                              > Soulard to Allen
                              >
                              > -Lohr (Mega-Santa)
                              >

                              > P.S.  Do you think the cops would take
                              > away the mega-phone if I brought it out?

                              > http://antispam.yahoo.com/tools

                              Yahoo! Groups Links

                            • truckbot
                              Message 14 of 17 , Feb 20 1:13 PM
                                Re: [stlouis_santarchy] Re: mardi gras? hey lohr...

                                if your worried about the mega phone
                                what do you think will be said about my
                                tophat?  originally i was thinking santa suit
                                but now i'm voting fire.....

                                leef

                                From: Lohr <stlouisburn@...>
                                Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2004 11:13:05 -0800 (PST)
                                To: stlouis_santarchy@yahoogroups.com
                                Subject: Re: [stlouis_santarchy] Re: mardi gras?

                                The Bastille is at 3pm (I think)
                                Bastille - Russell and Menard
                                Clementines - Allen and Menard

                                They are the two Soulard Gay bars
                                and they're 1 block apart.

                                -Regards,

                                --- Marianne Nubel <mkhildy999@...> wrote:
                                > Also, please, for those of us new to town, WHERE is
                                > Bastille's bead toss?  A street address for
                                > Clementine's would be helpful, too!  Satan/Santa and
                                > I will be there all day, but alas, not in Santa
                                > suits.  But I'll buy a drink for any santa I see!
                                > Ho ho HO!!!!
                                >
                                > XXX 000!!!  -Marianne (aka Secret Santa)
                                >
                                > Michelle Vollmar / Pittsburgh Pipe
                                > <michelle@...> wrote:
                                > I hope I find you.  When is Bastille's bead toss?
                                > I, too, will be at the
                                > "Drag Race" (ah, the good ol' days).  Look for
                                > glittery sunglasses and a
                                > smile, as I may be changing after the parade and
                                > don't know what I'll be
                                > wearing (santa hat, big purple hat, no hat,
                                > mask...).
                                >
                                > ~Sexy Santa

                              • alix
                                Message 15 of 17 , Feb 20 2:45 PM
                                  Online at the hotel ... woo hoo! Come say hi...
                                  Clementine's is at 2001 Menard. Bastille is one block south of
                                  Clem's, at 1027 Russell. Both in Soulard, listed on Mardi Gras event
                                  maps (pick up a free Riverfront Times), both gay but very fun and
                                  open-minded, both sell great food, have pool tables, etc. Bastille
                                  Bead Toss is 11a-7p, $5 a toss I believe (benefitting charity). I
                                  want that jacket!
                                  What else? Got to catch up... Remember, I wear my glasses on a
                                  rope so I don't lose them (an added hint to finding me and your
                                  hurricane/whatever drink). So professorial...
                                  Is Lohr hosting the Saturday night party? <very evil grin>

                                  sir alix with an i (bruce the masseuse)
                                • Santarchy STL
                                  Message 16 of 17 , Feb 20 2:50 PM
                                    You are evil. I have no plans, but stranger things
                                    have happened.

                                    -Regards,

                                    Message 17 of 17 , Feb 20 3:17 PM
                                      Heeheehee ... That's why I'm called Blue Santa ... among other
                                      reasons. Will probably have on the usual jeans blue jacket, if it's
                                      cold as expected (though I might try to leave it at my bar-of-choice
                                      HQ-for-the-day). Did bring the beard and Santa hat, but undecided on
                                      when to wear it. At Clem's, probably. Got special beads to throw at
                                      you, Michelle, when the Bananas ride by (Soulard or somewhere
                                      earlier, depending on crowd depth.). Catch!

                                      sir alix

                                      --- In stlouis_santarchy@yahoogroups.com, Santarchy STL