RE: [stlouis_santarchy] StL S A N T A R C H Y

    Message 1 of 62 , Nov 10 12:42 PM
      I definately suggest the Grove district. Personally,
      I'm not sure the West End is all that important?
      That's just my two cents, but I would bet that if we
      hit Amp, Atomic, and possibly Novak's and/or
      Attitudes, we could at least get some drink specials
      from Amp and Atomic.
      ~rain

      --- barbara tabor <barbaratabor@...> wrote:

      > That decides when.
      >

      > New idea for where: add one or more of the bars
      > south of Busch stadium
      > (metro link stop), depending upon who wants us.
      >
      > Lots of options, and then just a short walk to
      > Soulard.
      >
      > Just listing, not recommendations, may have missed
      > some. Preferences with
      > *, and I think these places would want us.
      >
      > depending upon what time we hit that area, the clubs
      > with live music may not
      > be willing to let us in free. (beale, bb's, b'way
      > oyster bar)
      >

      > how about a photo of the Santa's with Stan the Man
      > statue?
      >

      > 7th street:
      >
      > Paddy-o's
      >
      > Al Hrabowsky's
      >
      > Kilroys's
      >
      > That little corner bar that keeps changing names -
      > not sure if open on a
      > Saturday night.
      >
      > (Eat rite for some burgers to go)
      >
      > Old Rock House *
      >

      > Broadway:
      >
      > Beale St
      >
      > BB's Blues & Soup
      >
      > Whatever Kelly's is this week
      >
      > Broadway Oyster Bar
      >
      > (white castle, taco bell, rally's for cheap eats for
      > our budget minded
      > santas)
      >
      > Shamrock *(friends are having a party there so it
      > should be open and
      > possibly a band)
      >
      > Shamrock liquors (for new pints - but not sure how
      > late they're open)
      >

      > You better watch out!

      http://mail.yahoo.com
    • Rebecka Wyrde
      Message 62 of 62 , Nov 25 10:39 AM
        5 random rules fo new york city sidewalk santas
        (from the volunteers of America guidebook)
        1. No garlic or raw onions. Two words: breath mints
        2. Don't climb down, sit on, or lean against your chimney collection box.
        3. If a child asks, "Are you really Santa Claus?" reply, "I'm Santa's helper.  The big guy is at the North Pole getting ready for Christmas."
        4. Don't accessorize you snow-white Santa beard with crumbly potato chips or sticky candy canes.  In the beard department, less is more.
        5. Do ring your bell rhythmically and say your ho-ho-ho's joyfully.  Remember: you are an icon with an image to maintain.

        So Santa's . . . maintain that image ;)