RE: [stlouis_santarchy] StL S A N T A R C H Y

    Message 1 of 62 , Nov 10, 2007

      That decides when.

      New idea for where:  add one or more of the bars south of Busch stadium (metro link stop), depending upon who wants us.

      Lots of options, and then just a short walk to Soulard.

      Just listing, not recommendations, may have missed some.  Preferences with *, and I think these places would want us.

      depending upon what time we hit that area, the clubs with live music may not be willing to let us in free. (beale, bb’s, b’way oyster bar)

      how about a photo of the Santa’s with Stan the Man statue?

      7th street:

      Paddy-o’s

      Al Hrabowsky’s

      Kilroys’s

      That little corner bar that keeps changing names – not sure if open on a Saturday night.

      (Eat rite for some burgers to go)

      Old Rock House *

      Broadway:

      Beale St

      BB’s Blues & Soup

      Whatever Kelly’s is this week

      Broadway Oyster Bar

      (white castle, taco bell, rally’s for cheap eats for our budget minded santas)

      Shamrock *(friends are having a party there so it should be open and possibly a band)

      Shamrock liquors (for new pints – but not sure how late they’re open)

      You better watch out!

      Message 62 of 62 , Nov 25, 2007
        5 random rules fo new york city sidewalk santas
        (from the volunteers of America guidebook)
        1. No garlic or raw onions. Two words: breath mints
        2. Don't climb down, sit on, or lean against your chimney collection box.
        3. If a child asks, "Are you really Santa Claus?" reply, "I'm Santa's helper.  The big guy is at the North Pole getting ready for Christmas."
        4. Don't accessorize you snow-white Santa beard with crumbly potato chips or sticky candy canes.  In the beard department, less is more.
        5. Do ring your bell rhythmically and say your ho-ho-ho's joyfully.  Remember: you are an icon with an image to maintain.

        So Santa's . . . maintain that image ;)