CL post

  • kamarquard
    Message 1 of 62 , Oct 24, 2007
      I published this on CL and actually had people wanting to sell me easy
      bake ovens and barbie dolls. How does someone not get that this is a
      joke?

      Wanted Easy Bake Oven and Barbie Dolls - $1 (Belleville)
      Reply to: sale-457893073@...
      Date: 2007-10-23, 10:24PM CDT

      I'm looking for an Easy Bake Oven and a few Barbie Dolls cheap. I
      don't have much money. It's for my son's birthday. He's in this
      cannibal phase and the shrink said just to humor him.
    • Rebecka Wyrde
      Message 62 of 62 , Nov 25, 2007
        5 random rules fo new york city sidewalk santas
        (from the volunteers of America guidebook)
        1. No garlic or raw onions. Two words: breath mints
        2. Don't climb down, sit on, or lean against your chimney collection box.
        3. If a child asks, "Are you really Santa Claus?" reply, "I'm Santa's helper.  The big guy is at the North Pole getting ready for Christmas."
        4. Don't accessorize you snow-white Santa beard with crumbly potato chips or sticky candy canes.  In the beard department, less is more.
        5. Do ring your bell rhythmically and say your ho-ho-ho's joyfully.  Remember: you are an icon with an image to maintain.

        So Santa's . . . maintain that image ;)