RE: [stlouis_santarchy] Glasses

  • D. Michelle Vollmar Powers
    Message 1 of 11 , Dec 12, 2006

      Hey, thanks.  It’s me, Michelle.  I will be out of town for Artica.  How else can I get them from you?  Maybe one of my fine Banana folk who go to the meetings can bring them to me?

      HO!

      ~Michelvis

      314-691-3052

      Message 2 of 11 , Dec 12, 2006
        ARTICA 2006: ILLUMINATION

        CALL TO ARTISTS
        Artists, musicians, dancers, poets, performers and
        interested citizens are invited to participate in this
        unique event by producing high quality site specific
        works in any media, to be experienced and displayed
        along
        the north Mississippi riverfront.

        FOCUS: WINTER SOLSTICE
        The focus of this year's festival will be held as we
        move towards the shortest day of the year and the
        longest, darkest night. Our theme is illumination,
        physically, mentally or spiritually.

        We would love to see artwork that offers light, warmth
        or shelter on this dark and cold night as we celebrate
        the season of winter and the day of the solstice.

        Please join us in bringing back the light.

        MISSION
        Artica 2006 is a multi-media outdoor participatory
        arts festival providing the people of the St. Louis
        metropolitan area the opportunity to come together as
        a community through creative self-expression and to
        develop an international reputation for this area as
        the gateway to the arts.

        WHERE AND WHEN
        Artica 2006 will take place on Saturday, December 16
        in the area bound by the Mississippi River on the
        east, First Street on the west, Florida on the north
        and Dickson on the south.

        The Artica festival is an excursion into abandoned and
        occupied territories consisting of open fields, vacant
        warehouses, industrial sites, active businesses, and
        homes of the homeless.

        GUIDELINES
        All works are to be executed in a responsible manner
        and should take into consideration their effect on the
        environment.

        The organizers reserve the right to refuse any
        proposal that may be harmful or dangerous to the
        environment, wildlife or humans.

        Be aware that this area is in constant development and
        decay. Your selected site may change at any time.
        Please remain flexible.

        ARTISTS RESPONSIBILITIES

        FINANCIAL
        All artists are solely responsible for any expenses
        incurred in creating, producing, installing,
        maintaining and removing their work.

        ARTWORK REMOVAL
        After the festival, artists may choose to remove their
        work or leave it on the site. However artists should
        be respectful of public and private property and of
        safety issues.

        SPECIAL NEEDS
        Anyone requiring special needs such as electricity,
        water, lighting, projection, sound systems, etc. must
        provide their own equipment and generators as well as
        the expertise to operate such equipment in an outdoor
        environment.

        SPECIAL SOLUTIONS
        Keep in mind that there may be other artists who
        require the same needs and are willing to share
        expenses, responsibility and expertise. The organizers
        will do their best to create a contact network of
        artists with special needs for sharing resources.

        CLEAN UP
        Our goal is to leave the Artica site cleaner than we
        found it. Therefore it is the required responsibility
        of every artist to participate in pre and post clean
        up activities.

        PERMITS
        Any art or performances requiring the use of fire,
        pyrotechnics or other combustible elements will
        require a fire permit and approval from the St. Louis
        Fire department and Artica. Please note that this also
        includes all cooking and campfires. All proposals
        requiring fire must be submitted to Artica by December
        2nd in order to obtain a fire permit. A small fee is
        required.

        DEADLINES
        Proposals must be received by December 2nd to be
        considered for Artica. Proposals received after this
        deadline will be accepted into the festival on a
        case-by-case basis.

        APPLICATION
        Please send a project proposal including:

        Name, address, phone number and e-mail address

        A brief written or visual description of where, when
        and what your proposal will be.

        If you want materials returned please included a
        self-addressed, stamped envelope with appropriate
        postage.

        Send all materials to:

        Artica 2006
        P.O. Box 1857
        St. Louis, MO 63118

        Or email proposal to Artica2005@...

        For questions contact Artica at 314-369-7832

        Artica reserves the right to reproduce any and all
        imagery, text, and audio related to the Artica
        festival for promotional purposes only. All
        reasonable attempts will be made to give proper credit
        to the artist.

        The creators of Artica are not responsible in any way,
        shape or form for the financial, legal, medical,
        material, physical, mental, emotional or spiritual
        liability of any artist, participant, viewer, or
        visitor to this event.

        Artica is a not-for-profit organization operating
        under a 501(c) (3) status.

        On 12/12/06, Tanya Harris-Soeder <tanyasoeder@...> wrote:

        At the risk of sounding like an idiot newb (which I am) -

        What is Artica??

        k thx,
        Tanya

        To: stlouis_santarchy@yahoogroups.com
        From: gabriel@...
        Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2006 08:35:28 -0600
        Subject: Re: [stlouis_santarchy] Glasses

        the 16th I think

        On 12/11/06, Lisa Molnar <lisaraa@...> wrote:

        Hi,

        When is Artica?

        Lisa (girl in silver ice costume)

        --
        Those who stand for nothing fall for anything.
        – Alexander Hamilton

        Use Messenger to talk to your IM friends, even those on Yahoo! Talk now!

          Message 4 of 11 , Dec 12, 2006
            I thought I posted this to the group on Sunday, in my
            hungover stupor. I think I must have gotten it wrong.
            Anyway, here are my pictures from Saturday night - a
            mere 118 of them.

            http://new.photos.yahoo.com/bapigupta/album/576460762365727141#page1

            ho^3,
            Bapi