RE: [stlouis_santarchy] Glasses

  • Tanya Harris-Soeder
    Message 1 of 11 , Dec 12, 2006
      At the risk of sounding like an idiot newb (which I am) -

      What is Artica??

      k thx,
      Tanya

      To: stlouis_santarchy@yahoogroups.com
      From: gabriel@...
      Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2006 08:35:28 -0600
      Subject: Re: [stlouis_santarchy] Glasses

      the 16th I think

      On 12/11/06, Lisa Molnar <lisaraa@gmail. com> wrote:

      Hi,

      When is Artica?

      Lisa (girl in silver ice costume)

      On 12/11/06, Gabriel Branch < gabriel@seanbranch. com > wrote:

      I ended up taking home the wonderful lady with the light bulb glasses other glasses with the fire on them

      I will try to bring em to Artica if yous is gonna be there

      Those who stand for nothing fall for anything.
      – Alexander Hamilton

      --
      Those who stand for nothing fall for anything.
      – Alexander Hamilton

      Use Messenger to talk to your IM friends, even those on Yahoo! Talk now!
    • D. Michelle Vollmar Powers
      Message 2 of 11 , Dec 12, 2006

        Hey, thanks.  It’s me, Michelle.  I will be out of town for Artica.  How else can I get them from you?  Maybe one of my fine Banana folk who go to the meetings can bring them to me?

        HO!

        ~Michelvis

        314-691-3052

        Message 3 of 11 , Dec 12, 2006
          ARTICA 2006: ILLUMINATION

          CALL TO ARTISTS
          Artists, musicians, dancers, poets, performers and
          interested citizens are invited to participate in this
          unique event by producing high quality site specific
          works in any media, to be experienced and displayed
          along
          the north Mississippi riverfront.

          FOCUS: WINTER SOLSTICE
          The focus of this year's festival will be held as we
          move towards the shortest day of the year and the
          longest, darkest night. Our theme is illumination,
          physically, mentally or spiritually.

          We would love to see artwork that offers light, warmth
          or shelter on this dark and cold night as we celebrate
          the season of winter and the day of the solstice.

          Please join us in bringing back the light.

          MISSION
          Artica 2006 is a multi-media outdoor participatory
          arts festival providing the people of the St. Louis
          metropolitan area the opportunity to come together as
          a community through creative self-expression and to
          develop an international reputation for this area as
          the gateway to the arts.

          WHERE AND WHEN
          Artica 2006 will take place on Saturday, December 16
          in the area bound by the Mississippi River on the
          east, First Street on the west, Florida on the north
          and Dickson on the south.

          The Artica festival is an excursion into abandoned and
          occupied territories consisting of open fields, vacant
          warehouses, industrial sites, active businesses, and
          homes of the homeless.

          GUIDELINES
          All works are to be executed in a responsible manner
          and should take into consideration their effect on the
          environment.

          The organizers reserve the right to refuse any
          proposal that may be harmful or dangerous to the
          environment, wildlife or humans.

          Be aware that this area is in constant development and
          decay. Your selected site may change at any time.
          Please remain flexible.

          ARTISTS RESPONSIBILITIES

          FINANCIAL
          All artists are solely responsible for any expenses
          incurred in creating, producing, installing,
          maintaining and removing their work.

          ARTWORK REMOVAL
          After the festival, artists may choose to remove their
          work or leave it on the site. However artists should
          be respectful of public and private property and of
          safety issues.

          SPECIAL NEEDS
          Anyone requiring special needs such as electricity,
          water, lighting, projection, sound systems, etc. must
          provide their own equipment and generators as well as
          the expertise to operate such equipment in an outdoor
          environment.

          SPECIAL SOLUTIONS
          Keep in mind that there may be other artists who
          require the same needs and are willing to share
          expenses, responsibility and expertise. The organizers
          will do their best to create a contact network of
          artists with special needs for sharing resources.

          CLEAN UP
          Our goal is to leave the Artica site cleaner than we
          found it. Therefore it is the required responsibility
          of every artist to participate in pre and post clean
          up activities.

          PERMITS
          Any art or performances requiring the use of fire,
          pyrotechnics or other combustible elements will
          require a fire permit and approval from the St. Louis
          Fire department and Artica. Please note that this also
          includes all cooking and campfires. All proposals
          requiring fire must be submitted to Artica by December
          2nd in order to obtain a fire permit. A small fee is
          required.

          DEADLINES
          Proposals must be received by December 2nd to be
          considered for Artica. Proposals received after this
          deadline will be accepted into the festival on a
          case-by-case basis.

          APPLICATION
          Please send a project proposal including:

          Name, address, phone number and e-mail address

          A brief written or visual description of where, when
          and what your proposal will be.

          If you want materials returned please included a
          self-addressed, stamped envelope with appropriate
          postage.

          Send all materials to:

          Artica 2006
          P.O. Box 1857
          St. Louis, MO 63118

          Or email proposal to Artica2005@...

          For questions contact Artica at 314-369-7832

          Artica reserves the right to reproduce any and all
          imagery, text, and audio related to the Artica
          festival for promotional purposes only. All
          reasonable attempts will be made to give proper credit
          to the artist.

          The creators of Artica are not responsible in any way,
          shape or form for the financial, legal, medical,
          material, physical, mental, emotional or spiritual
          liability of any artist, participant, viewer, or
          visitor to this event.

          Artica is a not-for-profit organization operating
          under a 501(c) (3) status.

          To: stlouis_santarchy@yahoogroups.com

            Message 5 of 11 , Dec 12, 2006
              I thought I posted this to the group on Sunday, in my
              hungover stupor. I think I must have gotten it wrong.
              Anyway, here are my pictures from Saturday night - a
              mere 118 of them.

              http://new.photos.yahoo.com/bapigupta/album/576460762365727141#page1

              ho^3,
              Bapi