Re: [stlouis_santarchy] Glasses

    Message 1 of 11 , Dec 12, 2006
      the 16th I think

      On 12/11/06, Lisa Molnar <lisaraa@...> wrote:

      Hi,

      When is Artica?

      Lisa (girl in silver ice costume)

      On 12/11/06, Gabriel Branch < gabriel@... > wrote:

      I ended up taking home the wonderful lady with the light bulb glasses other glasses with the fire on them

      I will try to bring em to Artica if yous is gonna be there

      Those who stand for nothing fall for anything.
      – Alexander Hamilton

      --
      Those who stand for nothing fall for anything.
      – Alexander Hamilton
    • Tanya Harris-Soeder
      Message 2 of 11 , Dec 12, 2006
        At the risk of sounding like an idiot newb (which I am) -

        What is Artica??

        k thx,
        Tanya

        To: stlouis_santarchy@yahoogroups.com
        From: gabriel@...
        Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2006 08:35:28 -0600
        Subject: Re: [stlouis_santarchy] Glasses

        the 16th I think

        On 12/11/06, Gabriel Branch < gabriel@seanbranch. com > wrote:

        I ended up taking home the wonderful lady with the light bulb glasses other glasses with the fire on them

        I will try to bring em to Artica if yous is gonna be there

        Those who stand for nothing fall for anything.
        – Alexander Hamilton

        --
        Those who stand for nothing fall for anything.
        – Alexander Hamilton

        Use Messenger to talk to your IM friends, even those on Yahoo! Talk now!
      • D. Michelle Vollmar Powers
        Message 3 of 11 , Dec 12, 2006

          Hey, thanks.  It’s me, Michelle.  I will be out of town for Artica.  How else can I get them from you?  Maybe one of my fine Banana folk who go to the meetings can bring them to me?

          HO!

          ~Michelvis

          314-691-3052

          Message 4 of 11 , Dec 12, 2006
            ARTICA 2006: ILLUMINATION

            CALL TO ARTISTS
            Artists, musicians, dancers, poets, performers and
            interested citizens are invited to participate in this
            unique event by producing high quality site specific
            works in any media, to be experienced and displayed
            along
            the north Mississippi riverfront.

            FOCUS: WINTER SOLSTICE
            The focus of this year's festival will be held as we
            move towards the shortest day of the year and the
            longest, darkest night. Our theme is illumination,
            physically, mentally or spiritually.

            We would love to see artwork that offers light, warmth
            or shelter on this dark and cold night as we celebrate
            the season of winter and the day of the solstice.

            Please join us in bringing back the light.

            MISSION
            Artica 2006 is a multi-media outdoor participatory
            arts festival providing the people of the St. Louis
            metropolitan area the opportunity to come together as
            a community through creative self-expression and to
            develop an international reputation for this area as
            the gateway to the arts.

            WHERE AND WHEN
            Artica 2006 will take place on Saturday, December 16
            in the area bound by the Mississippi River on the
            east, First Street on the west, Florida on the north
            and Dickson on the south.

            The Artica festival is an excursion into abandoned and
            occupied territories consisting of open fields, vacant
            warehouses, industrial sites, active businesses, and
            homes of the homeless.

            GUIDELINES
            All works are to be executed in a responsible manner
            and should take into consideration their effect on the
            environment.

            The organizers reserve the right to refuse any
            proposal that may be harmful or dangerous to the
            environment, wildlife or humans.

            Be aware that this area is in constant development and
            decay. Your selected site may change at any time.
            Please remain flexible.

            ARTISTS RESPONSIBILITIES

            FINANCIAL
            All artists are solely responsible for any expenses
            incurred in creating, producing, installing,
            maintaining and removing their work.

            ARTWORK REMOVAL
            After the festival, artists may choose to remove their
            work or leave it on the site. However artists should
            be respectful of public and private property and of
            safety issues.

            SPECIAL NEEDS
            Anyone requiring special needs such as electricity,
            water, lighting, projection, sound systems, etc. must
            provide their own equipment and generators as well as
            the expertise to operate such equipment in an outdoor
            environment.

            SPECIAL SOLUTIONS
            Keep in mind that there may be other artists who
            require the same needs and are willing to share
            expenses, responsibility and expertise. The organizers
            will do their best to create a contact network of
            artists with special needs for sharing resources.

            CLEAN UP
            Our goal is to leave the Artica site cleaner than we
            found it. Therefore it is the required responsibility
            of every artist to participate in pre and post clean
            up activities.

            PERMITS
            Any art or performances requiring the use of fire,
            pyrotechnics or other combustible elements will
            require a fire permit and approval from the St. Louis
            Fire department and Artica. Please note that this also
            includes all cooking and campfires. All proposals
            requiring fire must be submitted to Artica by December
            2nd in order to obtain a fire permit. A small fee is
            required.

            DEADLINES
            Proposals must be received by December 2nd to be
            considered for Artica. Proposals received after this
            deadline will be accepted into the festival on a
            case-by-case basis.

            APPLICATION
            Please send a project proposal including:

            Name, address, phone number and e-mail address

            A brief written or visual description of where, when
            and what your proposal will be.

            If you want materials returned please included a
            self-addressed, stamped envelope with appropriate
            postage.

            Send all materials to:

            Artica 2006
            P.O. Box 1857
            St. Louis, MO 63118

            Or email proposal to Artica2005@...

            For questions contact Artica at 314-369-7832

            Artica reserves the right to reproduce any and all
            imagery, text, and audio related to the Artica
            festival for promotional purposes only. All
            reasonable attempts will be made to give proper credit
            to the artist.

            The creators of Artica are not responsible in any way,
            shape or form for the financial, legal, medical,
            material, physical, mental, emotional or spiritual
            liability of any artist, participant, viewer, or
            visitor to this event.

            Artica is a not-for-profit organization operating
            under a 501(c) (3) status.

            To: stlouis_santarchy@yahoogroups.com

              Message 6 of 11 , Dec 12, 2006
                I thought I posted this to the group on Sunday, in my
                hungover stupor. I think I must have gotten it wrong.
                Anyway, here are my pictures from Saturday night - a
                mere 118 of them.

                http://new.photos.yahoo.com/bapigupta/album/576460762365727141#page1

                ho^3,
                Bapi