Re: [stlouis_santarchy] Glasses

  • Lisa Molnar
    Message 1 of 11 , Dec 11 7:07 PM
      Hi,

      When is Artica?

      Lisa (girl in silver ice costume)

      On 12/11/06, Gabriel Branch <gabriel@... > wrote:

      I ended up taking home the wonderful lady with the light bulb glasses other glasses with the fire on them

      I will try to bring em to Artica if yous is gonna be there

      Those who stand for nothing fall for anything.
      – Alexander Hamilton

      Message 2 of 11 , Dec 12 6:35 AM
        the 16th I think

        --
        Those who stand for nothing fall for anything.
        – Alexander Hamilton
      • Tanya Harris-Soeder
        Message 3 of 11 , Dec 12 7:54 AM
          At the risk of sounding like an idiot newb (which I am) -

          What is Artica??

          k thx,
          Tanya

          To: stlouis_santarchy@yahoogroups.com
          From: gabriel@...
          Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2006 08:35:28 -0600
          Subject: Re: [stlouis_santarchy] Glasses

          the 16th I think

          On 12/11/06, Gabriel Branch < gabriel@seanbranch. com > wrote:

          I ended up taking home the wonderful lady with the light bulb glasses other glasses with the fire on them

          I will try to bring em to Artica if yous is gonna be there

          Those who stand for nothing fall for anything.
          – Alexander Hamilton

          --
          Those who stand for nothing fall for anything.
          – Alexander Hamilton

          Use Messenger to talk to your IM friends, even those on Yahoo! Talk now!
        • D. Michelle Vollmar Powers
          Message 4 of 11 , Dec 12 8:09 AM

            Hey, thanks.  It’s me, Michelle.  I will be out of town for Artica.  How else can I get them from you?  Maybe one of my fine Banana folk who go to the meetings can bring them to me?

            HO!

            ~Michelvis

            314-691-3052

            Message 5 of 11 , Dec 12 8:14 AM
              ARTICA 2006: ILLUMINATION

              CALL TO ARTISTS
              Artists, musicians, dancers, poets, performers and
              interested citizens are invited to participate in this
              unique event by producing high quality site specific
              works in any media, to be experienced and displayed
              along
              the north Mississippi riverfront.

              FOCUS: WINTER SOLSTICE
              The focus of this year's festival will be held as we
              move towards the shortest day of the year and the
              longest, darkest night. Our theme is illumination,
              physically, mentally or spiritually.

              We would love to see artwork that offers light, warmth
              or shelter on this dark and cold night as we celebrate
              the season of winter and the day of the solstice.

              Please join us in bringing back the light.

              MISSION
              Artica 2006 is a multi-media outdoor participatory
              arts festival providing the people of the St. Louis
              metropolitan area the opportunity to come together as
              a community through creative self-expression and to
              develop an international reputation for this area as
              the gateway to the arts.

              WHERE AND WHEN
              Artica 2006 will take place on Saturday, December 16
              in the area bound by the Mississippi River on the
              east, First Street on the west, Florida on the north
              and Dickson on the south.

              The Artica festival is an excursion into abandoned and
              occupied territories consisting of open fields, vacant
              warehouses, industrial sites, active businesses, and
              homes of the homeless.

              GUIDELINES
              All works are to be executed in a responsible manner
              and should take into consideration their effect on the
              environment.

              The organizers reserve the right to refuse any
              proposal that may be harmful or dangerous to the
              environment, wildlife or humans.

              Be aware that this area is in constant development and
              decay. Your selected site may change at any time.
              Please remain flexible.

              ARTISTS RESPONSIBILITIES

              FINANCIAL
              All artists are solely responsible for any expenses
              incurred in creating, producing, installing,
              maintaining and removing their work.

              ARTWORK REMOVAL
              After the festival, artists may choose to remove their
              work or leave it on the site. However artists should
              be respectful of public and private property and of
              safety issues.

              SPECIAL NEEDS
              Anyone requiring special needs such as electricity,
              water, lighting, projection, sound systems, etc. must
              provide their own equipment and generators as well as
              the expertise to operate such equipment in an outdoor
              environment.

              SPECIAL SOLUTIONS
              Keep in mind that there may be other artists who
              require the same needs and are willing to share
              expenses, responsibility and expertise. The organizers
              will do their best to create a contact network of
              artists with special needs for sharing resources.

              CLEAN UP
              Our goal is to leave the Artica site cleaner than we
              found it. Therefore it is the required responsibility
              of every artist to participate in pre and post clean
              up activities.

              PERMITS
              Any art or performances requiring the use of fire,
              pyrotechnics or other combustible elements will
              require a fire permit and approval from the St. Louis
              Fire department and Artica. Please note that this also
              includes all cooking and campfires. All proposals
              requiring fire must be submitted to Artica by December
              2nd in order to obtain a fire permit. A small fee is
              required.

              DEADLINES
              Proposals must be received by December 2nd to be
              considered for Artica. Proposals received after this
              deadline will be accepted into the festival on a
              case-by-case basis.

              APPLICATION
              Please send a project proposal including:

              Name, address, phone number and e-mail address

              A brief written or visual description of where, when
              and what your proposal will be.

              If you want materials returned please included a
              self-addressed, stamped envelope with appropriate
              postage.

              Send all materials to:

              Artica 2006
              P.O. Box 1857
              St. Louis, MO 63118

              Or email proposal to Artica2005@...

              For questions contact Artica at 314-369-7832

              Artica reserves the right to reproduce any and all
              imagery, text, and audio related to the Artica
              festival for promotional purposes only. All
              reasonable attempts will be made to give proper credit
              to the artist.

              The creators of Artica are not responsible in any way,
              shape or form for the financial, legal, medical,
              material, physical, mental, emotional or spiritual
              liability of any artist, participant, viewer, or
              visitor to this event.

              Artica is a not-for-profit organization operating
              under a 501(c) (3) status.

              To: stlouis_santarchy@yahoogroups.com

                Message 7 of 11 , Dec 12 7:41 PM
                  I thought I posted this to the group on Sunday, in my
                  hungover stupor. I think I must have gotten it wrong.
                  Anyway, here are my pictures from Saturday night - a
                  mere 118 of them.

                  http://new.photos.yahoo.com/bapigupta/album/576460762365727141#page1

                  ho^3,
                  Bapi