Re: [stlouis_santarchy] Glasses

  • Tom Lewis
    Message 1 of 11 , Dec 11, 2006
      I drove the older lady home (she turns 70 next month). She said she had a lot
      of fun and wants to go again next year (although she doesn't have a computer)

      On Mon, 11 Dec 2006, Gabriel Branch wrote:

      > I didn't take her home
      >
      > And it wasn't her it was the girl with the guy with the blues hat
      >

      > On 12/11/06, brad finkeldei <bradfinkeldei@...> wrote:
      >>
      >> Gabriel, do you mean the older lady about in her late 60's or 70's? I
      >> was worried about her..
      >>
      >> Thanks for taking her home!! nice of ya!!
      >>
      >> You don't happen to know the guys name or email with the ram horns on do
      >> you? I was also trying to find the santa know as Asshat..
      >>
      >> Later
      >> Spanky Santa aka Workout santa
      >> Brad
      >>

      >> On 12/11/06, Gabriel Branch <gabriel@... > wrote:
      >> >
      >> > I ended up taking home the wonderful lady with the light bulb glasses
      >> > other glasses with the fire on them
      >> >
      >> > I will try to bring em to Artica if yous is gonna be there

      >> > --
      >> > Those who stand for nothing fall for anything.
      >> > – Alexander Hamilton
      >> >

      > --
      > Those who stand for nothing fall for anything.
      > – Alexander Hamilton
    • Lisa Molnar
      Message 2 of 11 , Dec 11, 2006
        Hi,

        When is Artica?

        Lisa (girl in silver ice costume)

        Message 3 of 11 , Dec 12, 2006
          the 16th I think

          On 12/11/06, Lisa Molnar <lisaraa@...> wrote:

          Hi,

          When is Artica?

          Lisa (girl in silver ice costume)

          On 12/11/06, Gabriel Branch < gabriel@... > wrote:

          I ended up taking home the wonderful lady with the light bulb glasses other glasses with the fire on them

          I will try to bring em to Artica if yous is gonna be there

          Those who stand for nothing fall for anything.
          – Alexander Hamilton

          --
          Those who stand for nothing fall for anything.
          – Alexander Hamilton
        • Tanya Harris-Soeder
          Message 4 of 11 , Dec 12, 2006
            At the risk of sounding like an idiot newb (which I am) -

            What is Artica??

            k thx,
            Tanya

            To: stlouis_santarchy@yahoogroups.com
            From: gabriel@...
            Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2006 08:35:28 -0600
            Subject: Re: [stlouis_santarchy] Glasses

            the 16th I think

            On 12/11/06, Gabriel Branch < gabriel@seanbranch. com > wrote:

            I ended up taking home the wonderful lady with the light bulb glasses other glasses with the fire on them

            I will try to bring em to Artica if yous is gonna be there

            Those who stand for nothing fall for anything.
            – Alexander Hamilton

            --
            Those who stand for nothing fall for anything.
            – Alexander Hamilton

            Use Messenger to talk to your IM friends, even those on Yahoo! Talk now!
          • D. Michelle Vollmar Powers
            Message 5 of 11 , Dec 12, 2006

              Hey, thanks.  It’s me, Michelle.  I will be out of town for Artica.  How else can I get them from you?  Maybe one of my fine Banana folk who go to the meetings can bring them to me?

              HO!

              ~Michelvis

              314-691-3052

              Message 6 of 11 , Dec 12, 2006
                ARTICA 2006: ILLUMINATION

                CALL TO ARTISTS
                Artists, musicians, dancers, poets, performers and
                interested citizens are invited to participate in this
                unique event by producing high quality site specific
                works in any media, to be experienced and displayed
                along
                the north Mississippi riverfront.

                FOCUS: WINTER SOLSTICE
                The focus of this year's festival will be held as we
                move towards the shortest day of the year and the
                longest, darkest night. Our theme is illumination,
                physically, mentally or spiritually.

                We would love to see artwork that offers light, warmth
                or shelter on this dark and cold night as we celebrate
                the season of winter and the day of the solstice.

                Please join us in bringing back the light.

                MISSION
                Artica 2006 is a multi-media outdoor participatory
                arts festival providing the people of the St. Louis
                metropolitan area the opportunity to come together as
                a community through creative self-expression and to
                develop an international reputation for this area as
                the gateway to the arts.

                WHERE AND WHEN
                Artica 2006 will take place on Saturday, December 16
                in the area bound by the Mississippi River on the
                east, First Street on the west, Florida on the north
                and Dickson on the south.

                The Artica festival is an excursion into abandoned and
                occupied territories consisting of open fields, vacant
                warehouses, industrial sites, active businesses, and
                homes of the homeless.

                GUIDELINES
                All works are to be executed in a responsible manner
                and should take into consideration their effect on the
                environment.

                The organizers reserve the right to refuse any
                proposal that may be harmful or dangerous to the
                environment, wildlife or humans.

                Be aware that this area is in constant development and
                decay. Your selected site may change at any time.
                Please remain flexible.

                ARTISTS RESPONSIBILITIES

                FINANCIAL
                All artists are solely responsible for any expenses
                incurred in creating, producing, installing,
                maintaining and removing their work.

                ARTWORK REMOVAL
                After the festival, artists may choose to remove their
                work or leave it on the site. However artists should
                be respectful of public and private property and of
                safety issues.

                SPECIAL NEEDS
                Anyone requiring special needs such as electricity,
                water, lighting, projection, sound systems, etc. must
                provide their own equipment and generators as well as
                the expertise to operate such equipment in an outdoor
                environment.

                SPECIAL SOLUTIONS
                Keep in mind that there may be other artists who
                require the same needs and are willing to share
                expenses, responsibility and expertise. The organizers
                will do their best to create a contact network of
                artists with special needs for sharing resources.

                CLEAN UP
                Our goal is to leave the Artica site cleaner than we
                found it. Therefore it is the required responsibility
                of every artist to participate in pre and post clean
                up activities.

                PERMITS
                Any art or performances requiring the use of fire,
                pyrotechnics or other combustible elements will
                require a fire permit and approval from the St. Louis
                Fire department and Artica. Please note that this also
                includes all cooking and campfires. All proposals
                requiring fire must be submitted to Artica by December
                2nd in order to obtain a fire permit. A small fee is
                required.

                DEADLINES
                Proposals must be received by December 2nd to be
                considered for Artica. Proposals received after this
                deadline will be accepted into the festival on a
                case-by-case basis.

                APPLICATION
                Please send a project proposal including:

                Name, address, phone number and e-mail address

                A brief written or visual description of where, when
                and what your proposal will be.

                If you want materials returned please included a
                self-addressed, stamped envelope with appropriate
                postage.

                Send all materials to:

                Artica 2006
                P.O. Box 1857
                St. Louis, MO 63118

                Or email proposal to Artica2005@...

                For questions contact Artica at 314-369-7832

                Artica reserves the right to reproduce any and all
                imagery, text, and audio related to the Artica
                festival for promotional purposes only. All
                reasonable attempts will be made to give proper credit
                to the artist.

                The creators of Artica are not responsible in any way,
                shape or form for the financial, legal, medical,
                material, physical, mental, emotional or spiritual
                liability of any artist, participant, viewer, or
                visitor to this event.

                Artica is a not-for-profit organization operating
                under a 501(c) (3) status.

                To: stlouis_santarchy@yahoogroups.com

                  Message 8 of 11 , Dec 12, 2006
                    I thought I posted this to the group on Sunday, in my
                    hungover stupor. I think I must have gotten it wrong.
                    Anyway, here are my pictures from Saturday night - a
                    mere 118 of them.

                    http://new.photos.yahoo.com/bapigupta/album/576460762365727141#page1

                    ho^3,
                    Bapi