Re: [stlouis_santarchy] Glasses

  • brad finkeldei
    Message 1 of 11 , Dec 11, 2006
      Gabriel, do you mean the older lady about in her late 60's or 70's?  I was worried about her..

      Thanks for taking her home!! nice of ya!!

      You don't happen to know the guys name or email with the ram horns on do you?  I was also trying to find the santa know as Asshat..

      Later
      Spanky Santa aka Workout santa
      Brad

      On 12/11/06, Gabriel Branch <gabriel@... > wrote:

      I ended up taking home the wonderful lady with the light bulb glasses other glasses with the fire on them

      I will try to bring em to Artica if yous is gonna be there

      Those who stand for nothing fall for anything.
      – Alexander Hamilton

        Message 3 of 11 , Dec 11, 2006
          I drove the older lady home (she turns 70 next month). She said she had a lot
          of fun and wants to go again next year (although she doesn't have a computer)

          On Mon, 11 Dec 2006, Gabriel Branch wrote:

          > I didn't take her home
          >
          > And it wasn't her it was the girl with the guy with the blues hat
          >

          > On 12/11/06, brad finkeldei <bradfinkeldei@...> wrote:
          >>
          >> Gabriel, do you mean the older lady about in her late 60's or 70's? I
          >> was worried about her..
          >>
          >> Thanks for taking her home!! nice of ya!!
          >>
          >> You don't happen to know the guys name or email with the ram horns on do
          >> you? I was also trying to find the santa know as Asshat..
          >>
          >> Later
          >> Spanky Santa aka Workout santa
          >> Brad
          >>

          >> On 12/11/06, Gabriel Branch <gabriel@... > wrote:
          >> >
          >> > I ended up taking home the wonderful lady with the light bulb glasses
          >> > other glasses with the fire on them
          >> >
          >> > I will try to bring em to Artica if yous is gonna be there

          >> > --
          >> > Those who stand for nothing fall for anything.
          >> > – Alexander Hamilton
          >> >

          > --
          > Those who stand for nothing fall for anything.
          > – Alexander Hamilton
        • Lisa Molnar
          Message 4 of 11 , Dec 11, 2006
            Hi,

            When is Artica?

            Lisa (girl in silver ice costume)

            Message 5 of 11 , Dec 12, 2006
              the 16th I think

              On 12/11/06, Lisa Molnar <lisaraa@...> wrote:

              Hi,

              When is Artica?

              Lisa (girl in silver ice costume)

              On 12/11/06, Gabriel Branch < gabriel@... > wrote:

              I ended up taking home the wonderful lady with the light bulb glasses other glasses with the fire on them

              I will try to bring em to Artica if yous is gonna be there

              Those who stand for nothing fall for anything.
              – Alexander Hamilton

              --
              Those who stand for nothing fall for anything.
              – Alexander Hamilton
            • Tanya Harris-Soeder
              Message 6 of 11 , Dec 12, 2006
                At the risk of sounding like an idiot newb (which I am) -

                What is Artica??

                k thx,
                Tanya

                To: stlouis_santarchy@yahoogroups.com
                From: gabriel@...
                Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2006 08:35:28 -0600
                Subject: Re: [stlouis_santarchy] Glasses

                the 16th I think

                On 12/11/06, Gabriel Branch < gabriel@seanbranch. com > wrote:

                I ended up taking home the wonderful lady with the light bulb glasses other glasses with the fire on them

                I will try to bring em to Artica if yous is gonna be there

                Those who stand for nothing fall for anything.
                – Alexander Hamilton

                --
                Those who stand for nothing fall for anything.
                – Alexander Hamilton

                Use Messenger to talk to your IM friends, even those on Yahoo! Talk now!
              • D. Michelle Vollmar Powers
                Message 7 of 11 , Dec 12, 2006

                  Hey, thanks.  It’s me, Michelle.  I will be out of town for Artica.  How else can I get them from you?  Maybe one of my fine Banana folk who go to the meetings can bring them to me?

                  HO!

                  ~Michelvis

                  314-691-3052

                  Message 8 of 11 , Dec 12, 2006
                    ARTICA 2006: ILLUMINATION

                    CALL TO ARTISTS
                    Artists, musicians, dancers, poets, performers and
                    interested citizens are invited to participate in this
                    unique event by producing high quality site specific
                    works in any media, to be experienced and displayed
                    along
                    the north Mississippi riverfront.

                    FOCUS: WINTER SOLSTICE
                    The focus of this year's festival will be held as we
                    move towards the shortest day of the year and the
                    longest, darkest night. Our theme is illumination,
                    physically, mentally or spiritually.

                    We would love to see artwork that offers light, warmth
                    or shelter on this dark and cold night as we celebrate
                    the season of winter and the day of the solstice.

                    Please join us in bringing back the light.

                    MISSION
                    Artica 2006 is a multi-media outdoor participatory
                    arts festival providing the people of the St. Louis
                    metropolitan area the opportunity to come together as
                    a community through creative self-expression and to
                    develop an international reputation for this area as
                    the gateway to the arts.

                    WHERE AND WHEN
                    Artica 2006 will take place on Saturday, December 16
                    in the area bound by the Mississippi River on the
                    east, First Street on the west, Florida on the north
                    and Dickson on the south.

                    The Artica festival is an excursion into abandoned and
                    occupied territories consisting of open fields, vacant
                    warehouses, industrial sites, active businesses, and
                    homes of the homeless.

                    GUIDELINES
                    All works are to be executed in a responsible manner
                    and should take into consideration their effect on the
                    environment.

                    The organizers reserve the right to refuse any
                    proposal that may be harmful or dangerous to the
                    environment, wildlife or humans.

                    Be aware that this area is in constant development and
                    decay. Your selected site may change at any time.
                    Please remain flexible.

                    ARTISTS RESPONSIBILITIES

                    FINANCIAL
                    All artists are solely responsible for any expenses
                    incurred in creating, producing, installing,
                    maintaining and removing their work.

                    ARTWORK REMOVAL
                    After the festival, artists may choose to remove their
                    work or leave it on the site. However artists should
                    be respectful of public and private property and of
                    safety issues.

                    SPECIAL NEEDS
                    Anyone requiring special needs such as electricity,
                    water, lighting, projection, sound systems, etc. must
                    provide their own equipment and generators as well as
                    the expertise to operate such equipment in an outdoor
                    environment.

                    SPECIAL SOLUTIONS
                    Keep in mind that there may be other artists who
                    require the same needs and are willing to share
                    expenses, responsibility and expertise. The organizers
                    will do their best to create a contact network of
                    artists with special needs for sharing resources.

                    CLEAN UP
                    Our goal is to leave the Artica site cleaner than we
                    found it. Therefore it is the required responsibility
                    of every artist to participate in pre and post clean
                    up activities.

                    PERMITS
                    Any art or performances requiring the use of fire,
                    pyrotechnics or other combustible elements will
                    require a fire permit and approval from the St. Louis
                    Fire department and Artica. Please note that this also
                    includes all cooking and campfires. All proposals
                    requiring fire must be submitted to Artica by December
                    2nd in order to obtain a fire permit. A small fee is
                    required.

                    DEADLINES
                    Proposals must be received by December 2nd to be
                    considered for Artica. Proposals received after this
                    deadline will be accepted into the festival on a
                    case-by-case basis.

                    APPLICATION
                    Please send a project proposal including:

                    Name, address, phone number and e-mail address

                    A brief written or visual description of where, when
                    and what your proposal will be.

                    If you want materials returned please included a
                    self-addressed, stamped envelope with appropriate
                    postage.

                    Send all materials to:

                    Artica 2006
                    P.O. Box 1857
                    St. Louis, MO 63118

                    Or email proposal to Artica2005@...

                    For questions contact Artica at 314-369-7832

                    Artica reserves the right to reproduce any and all
                    imagery, text, and audio related to the Artica
                    festival for promotional purposes only. All
                    reasonable attempts will be made to give proper credit
                    to the artist.

                    The creators of Artica are not responsible in any way,
                    shape or form for the financial, legal, medical,
                    material, physical, mental, emotional or spiritual
                    liability of any artist, participant, viewer, or
                    visitor to this event.

                    Artica is a not-for-profit organization operating
                    under a 501(c) (3) status.

                    To: stlouis_santarchy@yahoogroups.com

                      Message 10 of 11 , Dec 12, 2006
                        I thought I posted this to the group on Sunday, in my
                        hungover stupor. I think I must have gotten it wrong.
                        Anyway, here are my pictures from Saturday night - a
                        mere 118 of them.

                        http://new.photos.yahoo.com/bapigupta/album/576460762365727141#page1

                        ho^3,
                        Bapi