Re: [stlouis_santarchy] S A N T A R C H Y 2006 - Planning

  • J. Brad Hicks
    Message 1 of 30 , Nov 17, 2006
      My leading requests all relate to making it less tame than 2005 was.

      * More public places that aren't bars. It's impossible to impress a St.
      Louisan by getting drunk in a bar.

      * If we are going to hit any dance clubs, it needs to be after 11pm.
      Ideally, it needs to be between midnight and 1:00 am, when there are
      actually people in the club who might be dancing.

      * At least one strip club. If I get a nomination, it'd be for the last
      stop of the night to end up at PT's Centerville. (Won't that be a
      Couples Night?) Yes, I know the buses don't run. But if we make prior
      arrangements with one of the cheaper cab companies like ABC Cab to get a
      couple of minivans, we can split cab fare 6 ways each. Cheap at twice
      the price.

      I know that St. Louisans are pathologically polite, but we could stand
      to put more "anarchy" in Santarchy.
      Message 2 of 30 , Nov 17, 2006
        I LIKE THE WAY YOU THINK BRAD!
        I've been trying to get more non-bar locations
        involved for a while, but as you described,
        St Louisians, even while doing Santarchy,
        don't want to bother anyone.

        NOTE: no destination will be scheduled that
        cannot be reached by Metro or foot.

        -Lohr

        --- "J. Brad Hicks" <brad@...> wrote:

        > My leading requests all relate to making it less
        > tame than 2005 was.
        >
        > * More public places that aren't bars. It's
        > impossible to impress a St.
        > Louisan by getting drunk in a bar.
        >
        > * If we are going to hit any dance clubs, it needs
        > to be after 11pm.
        > Ideally, it needs to be between midnight and 1:00
        > am, when there are
        > actually people in the club who might be dancing.
        >
        > * At least one strip club. If I get a nomination,
        > it'd be for the last
        > stop of the night to end up at PT's Centerville.
        > (Won't that be a
        > Couples Night?) Yes, I know the buses don't run. But
        > if we make prior
        > arrangements with one of the cheaper cab companies
        > like ABC Cab to get a
        > couple of minivans, we can split cab fare 6 ways
        > each. Cheap at twice
        > the price.
        >
        > I know that St. Louisans are pathologically polite,
        > but we could stand
        > to put more "anarchy" in Santarchy.
        >

        > Yahoo! Groups Links
        >
        > (Yahoo! ID required)

        mailto:stlouis_santarchy-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

        Sponsored Link

        Don't quit your job - take classes online
        www.Classesusa.com
        Message 3 of 30 , Nov 18, 2006

          Tame?  Oh – I didn’t make 2005.

          there is a fine line between outrageous and obnoxious – and sometimes that’s subjective.   That’s why I prefer to go to places that love outrageous and can tolerate obnoxious.  I think you can be polite and controversial.

          Public places good – the (unplanned) stop at the 7-11 in 2004 was a hoot.

          The history museum (free) is just a block or so from the forest park metro stop – and since we’re changing trains there anyway …….

          Message 4 of 30 , Nov 18, 2006
            How about a shopping spree to the
            Dr. John's sex novalty shop on the Landing?

            --- barbara tabor <barbaratabor@...> wrote:

            > Tame? Oh - I didn't make 2005.
            >
            > there is a fine line between outrageous and
            > obnoxious - and sometimes that's
            > subjective. That's why I prefer to go to places
            > that love outrageous and
            > can tolerate obnoxious. I think you can be polite
            > and controversial.
            >

            > Public places good - the (unplanned) stop at the
            > 7-11 in 2004 was a hoot.
            >

            > The history museum (free) is just a block or so from
            > the forest park metro
            > stop - and since we're changing trains there anyway
            >

            > _____

            <mailto:stlouis_santarchy-fullfeatured%40yahoogroups.com>
            > fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

            > Sponsored Link
            >
            > Don't quit your job - take classes online
            > www.Classesusa.com

            Sponsored Link

            Mortgage rates near 39yr lows.
            $310k for $999/mo. Calculate new payment!
            www.LowerMyBills.com/lre
            Message 5 of 30 , Nov 18, 2006

              How late are they open?

              --- barbara tabor <barbaratabor@ hotmail.com> wrote:

              > Tame? Oh - I didn't make 2005.
              >
              > there is a fine line between outrageous and
              > obnoxious - and sometimes that's
              > subjective. That's why I prefer to go to places
              > that love outrageous and
              > can tolerate obnoxious. I think you can be polite
              > and controversial.
              >

              > Public places good - the (unplanned) stop at the
              > 7-11 in 2004 was a hoot.
              >

              > The history museum (free) is just a block or so from
              > the forest park
              metro
              > stop - and since we're changing trains there anyway
              >

              > _____
              >
              > From: stlouis_santarchy@ yahoogroups. com

              w:st="on">Centerville .

              Message 6 of 30 , Nov 18, 2006
                I like the way you think.

                Lohr wrote:
                > How about a shopping spree to the
                > Dr. John's sex novalty shop on the Landing?
              • Rebecka Wyrde
                Message 7 of 30 , Nov 19, 2006
                  I like it!

                  ^..^

                  "J. Brad Hicks" <brad@...> wrote:
                  I like the way you think.

                  Lohr wrote:
                  > How about a shopping spree to the
                  > Dr. John's sex novalty shop on the Landing?

                  Sponsored Link

                  Mortgage rates as low as 4.625% - $150,000 loan for $579 a month. Intro-*Terms

                  Message 8 of 30 , Nov 19, 2006
                    Doctor John's is open until midnight on Saturday's

                    -Lohr

                    --- barbara tabor <barbaratabor@...> wrote:

                    > How late are they open?
                    >

                    > _____

                    $420k for $1,399/mo. Calculate new payment!
                    www.LowerMyBills.com/lre
                  • pibandp0g
                    Message 9 of 30 , Nov 27, 2006
                      Any updates? Let me know if I can help in some way...

                      see you soon,

                      Lisa
                      Message 10 of 30 , Nov 29, 2006
                        Ho Ho, uH-Oh!

                        The Current Plan! We tried to tie in
                        Maplewood, we really did. Gabriel and I
                        drove the entire route last Friday, and
                        cheked out all the stops, walks and bus
                        rides, and decided Maplewood would be
                        just too tricky.

                        ONE CUT
                        If Cabin in the City then no Washington Ave.

                        TWO NEW ADDITIONS
                        1. The Saint Louis History Museum, lets
                        get some culture in these Santa's and
                        some Santa's in the Culture. You better
                        watch out.

                        2. We're adding Laclede's Landing for a trip
                        to "Show Me's" the closest thing to a strip
                        club within reach of the MetroLink, and
                        Doctor John's, the Adult Fun store.

                        Check out the details below.

                        University City
                        noon Bar Cicero's
                        1:15 Bar Blueberry Hill
                        1:58 Metro Delmar -> Forest Park
                        Forest Park
                        2:05 Museum St. Louis History Museum
                        2:45 Metro Forest Park -> CWE
                        Central West End
                        3:10 Bus #18 Taylor off McPherson
                        3:20 Bar Llywyn's
                        4:15 Bar Rosie's Place
                        5:10 Metro CWE -> Union Station
                        Union Station
                        5:30 Bar Union Station Lobby Bar
                        6:47 Metro Union Station -> Landing
                        Laclede's Landing
                        7:00 Shop Doctor John's
                        7:30 Bar Show Me's
                        8:50 Metro Landing -> Conv Center 6th
                        9:07 Bus Washington Ave @ 6th
                        #30 Soulard/#40 Broadway
                        off at Broadway & Russell
                        Soulard
                        9:30 Bar The Shanti
                        10:30 Bar 1860's Hardshell Cafe
                        11:30 Bar Molly's

                        http://new.mail.yahoo.com
                        Message 11 of 30 , Nov 30, 2006
                          You better watch out  .. You better watch out!
                          You better watch out....... You better watch out.

                          This year you can be the Santa that pisses blue
                            http://cre.ations.net/creation/body-mod---turn-your-pee-blue
                          Thats right You can make your pee BLUE

                          #30 Soulard/#40 Broadway
                          off at Broadway & Russell

                          --
                          Those who stand for nothing fall for anything.
                          – Alexander Hamilton
                          Message 12 of 30 , Dec 1, 2006
                            HO HO uH-Oh! You better watch out, you better not cry,
                            you better not pout, I'm telling you why: Santarchy is
                            coming to town!

                            It's time for St. Louis' own version of the
                            time-honored tradition of Santarchy. "What is
                            Santarchy?" you say? Santarchy is better experienced
                            than explains, but I'll tell you this. Saturday
                            December 10th, all those with the affinity for the
                            FrEaKy, the curiosity of the CrAzY are invited to get
                            dressed up in a Santa Suit and come join us in a day
                            of celebration of and/or protestation to the holiday
                            season.

                            Dress as your own inner Santa and join us for an all
                            day march all around St. Louis spreading holiday cheer
                            and presents. Yes, presents too. If you come across
                            the Mob of Santa's on December 10th you will most
                            likely leave with a gift. Previous gifts have included
                            candy-canes, lumps of coal, mutant toys, vegetables,
                            special prizes, and many other twisted gifts for the
                            naughty and nice little boys and girls.

                            Santa's were heard incessantly chanting, "You better
                            Watch Out! You better Watch Out! You better Watch Out!
                            You better Watch Out!..." as they rampaged through the
                            city.

                            The Santa mob will convene in the University City
                            Loop, traverse via the MetroLink, a quick stop at the
                            History Museum, then onto the Central West End, on
                            through Union Station, stop off at Laclede's Landing
                            continuing and concluding in Soulard. It's a long
                            day, so wear comfortable shoes. Also, feel free to
                            join us anywhere along the route. The published
                            schedule will be reasonable enforced.

                            So get your Santa Suit on and come join us for StL
                            Santarchy 2005.

                            StL SANTARCHY 2006

                            December 9th, 2006

                            #30 Soulard/#40 Broadway
                            off at Broadway & Russell
                            Soulard
                            9:30 Bar The Shanti
                            10:30 Bar 1860's Hardshell Cafe
                            11:30 Bar Molly's

                            Cheap talk?
                            http://voice.yahoo.com
                            Message 13 of 30 , Dec 1, 2006

                              DECEMBER 9TH IS SATURDAY IN 2006 (THE 10TH WAS 2005).

                              Lohr – what color beard are you growing this year?

                              #30 Soulard/#40 Broadway
                              off at Broadway & Russell

                              Message 14 of 30 , Dec 1, 2006

                                #30 Soulard/#40 Broadway