Re: [stlouis_santarchy] S A N T A R C H Y 2006 - Planning

    Message 1 of 30 , Nov 17 10:59 AM
      Hey, I've been trying to figure out this Maplewood
      thing and I'm having difficulty. I don't know
      Brentwood.

      Anyone want to go on an excursion tomorrow and
      figure this all out? I don't have a car.

      Let me know. I'm going to work, I'll check my
      mail tonight and see who is interested. Call
      or e-mail me if you are interested.

      -Lohr
      363-3691

      Sponsored Link

      Degrees online in as fast as 1 Yr
      MBA, Bachelor's, Master's, Assoc
      http://yahoo.degrees.info
    • J. Brad Hicks
      Message 2 of 30 , Nov 17 2:07 PM
        My leading requests all relate to making it less tame than 2005 was.

        * More public places that aren't bars. It's impossible to impress a St.
        Louisan by getting drunk in a bar.

        * If we are going to hit any dance clubs, it needs to be after 11pm.
        Ideally, it needs to be between midnight and 1:00 am, when there are
        actually people in the club who might be dancing.

        * At least one strip club. If I get a nomination, it'd be for the last
        stop of the night to end up at PT's Centerville. (Won't that be a
        Couples Night?) Yes, I know the buses don't run. But if we make prior
        arrangements with one of the cheaper cab companies like ABC Cab to get a
        couple of minivans, we can split cab fare 6 ways each. Cheap at twice
        the price.

        I know that St. Louisans are pathologically polite, but we could stand
        to put more "anarchy" in Santarchy.
        Message 3 of 30 , Nov 17 2:32 PM
          I LIKE THE WAY YOU THINK BRAD!
          I've been trying to get more non-bar locations
          involved for a while, but as you described,
          St Louisians, even while doing Santarchy,
          don't want to bother anyone.

          NOTE: no destination will be scheduled that
          cannot be reached by Metro or foot.

          -Lohr

          --- "J. Brad Hicks" <brad@...> wrote:

          > My leading requests all relate to making it less
          > tame than 2005 was.
          >
          > * More public places that aren't bars. It's
          > impossible to impress a St.
          > Louisan by getting drunk in a bar.
          >
          > * If we are going to hit any dance clubs, it needs
          > to be after 11pm.
          > Ideally, it needs to be between midnight and 1:00
          > am, when there are
          > actually people in the club who might be dancing.
          >
          > * At least one strip club. If I get a nomination,
          > it'd be for the last
          > stop of the night to end up at PT's Centerville.
          > (Won't that be a
          > Couples Night?) Yes, I know the buses don't run. But
          > if we make prior
          > arrangements with one of the cheaper cab companies
          > like ABC Cab to get a
          > couple of minivans, we can split cab fare 6 ways
          > each. Cheap at twice
          > the price.
          >
          > I know that St. Louisans are pathologically polite,
          > but we could stand
          > to put more "anarchy" in Santarchy.
          >

          > Yahoo! Groups Links
          >
          > (Yahoo! ID required)

          mailto:stlouis_santarchy-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

          Sponsored Link

          Don't quit your job - take classes online
          www.Classesusa.com
          Message 4 of 30 , Nov 18 8:00 AM

            Tame?  Oh – I didn’t make 2005.

            there is a fine line between outrageous and obnoxious – and sometimes that’s subjective.   That’s why I prefer to go to places that love outrageous and can tolerate obnoxious.  I think you can be polite and controversial.

            Public places good – the (unplanned) stop at the 7-11 in 2004 was a hoot.

            The history museum (free) is just a block or so from the forest park metro stop – and since we’re changing trains there anyway …….

            Message 5 of 30 , Nov 18 7:09 PM
              How about a shopping spree to the
              Dr. John's sex novalty shop on the Landing?

              --- barbara tabor <barbaratabor@...> wrote:

              > Tame? Oh - I didn't make 2005.
              >
              > there is a fine line between outrageous and
              > obnoxious - and sometimes that's
              > subjective. That's why I prefer to go to places
              > that love outrageous and
              > can tolerate obnoxious. I think you can be polite
              > and controversial.
              >

              > Public places good - the (unplanned) stop at the
              > 7-11 in 2004 was a hoot.
              >

              > The history museum (free) is just a block or so from
              > the forest park metro
              > stop - and since we're changing trains there anyway
              >

              > _____

              <mailto:stlouis_santarchy-fullfeatured%40yahoogroups.com>
              > fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

              > Sponsored Link
              >
              > Don't quit your job - take classes online
              > www.Classesusa.com

              Sponsored Link

              Mortgage rates near 39yr lows.
              $310k for $999/mo. Calculate new payment!
              www.LowerMyBills.com/lre
              Message 6 of 30 , Nov 18 7:42 PM

                How late are they open?

                --- barbara tabor <barbaratabor@ hotmail.com> wrote:

                > Tame? Oh - I didn't make 2005.
                >
                > there is a fine line between outrageous and
                > obnoxious - and sometimes that's
                > subjective. That's why I prefer to go to places
                > that love outrageous and
                > can tolerate obnoxious. I think you can be polite
                > and controversial.
                >

                > Public places good - the (unplanned) stop at the
                > 7-11 in 2004 was a hoot.
                >

                > The history museum (free) is just a block or so from
                > the forest park
                metro
                > stop - and since we're changing trains there anyway
                >

                > _____
                >
                > From: stlouis_santarchy@ yahoogroups. com

                w:st="on">Centerville .

                Message 7 of 30 , Nov 18 8:55 PM
                  I like the way you think.

                  Lohr wrote:
                  > How about a shopping spree to the
                  > Dr. John's sex novalty shop on the Landing?
                • Rebecka Wyrde
                  Message 8 of 30 , Nov 19 1:37 AM
                    I like it!

                    ^..^

                    "J. Brad Hicks" <brad@...> wrote:
                    I like the way you think.

                    Lohr wrote:
                    > How about a shopping spree to the
                    > Dr. John's sex novalty shop on the Landing?

                    Sponsored Link

                    Mortgage rates as low as 4.625% - $150,000 loan for $579 a month. Intro-*Terms

                    Message 9 of 30 , Nov 19 3:23 PM
                      Doctor John's is open until midnight on Saturday's

                      -Lohr

                      --- barbara tabor <barbaratabor@...> wrote:

                      > How late are they open?
                      >

                      > _____

                      $420k for $1,399/mo. Calculate new payment!
                      www.LowerMyBills.com/lre
                    • pibandp0g
                      Message 10 of 30 , Nov 27 8:48 PM
                        Any updates? Let me know if I can help in some way...

                        see you soon,

                        Lisa
                        Message 11 of 30 , Nov 29 8:26 PM
                          Ho Ho, uH-Oh!

                          The Current Plan! We tried to tie in
                          Maplewood, we really did. Gabriel and I
                          drove the entire route last Friday, and
                          cheked out all the stops, walks and bus
                          rides, and decided Maplewood would be
                          just too tricky.

                          ONE CUT
                          If Cabin in the City then no Washington Ave.

                          TWO NEW ADDITIONS
                          1. The Saint Louis History Museum, lets
                          get some culture in these Santa's and
                          some Santa's in the Culture. You better
                          watch out.

                          2. We're adding Laclede's Landing for a trip
                          to "Show Me's" the closest thing to a strip
                          club within reach of the MetroLink, and
                          Doctor John's, the Adult Fun store.

                          Check out the details below.

                          University City
                          noon Bar Cicero's
                          1:15 Bar Blueberry Hill
                          1:58 Metro Delmar -> Forest Park
                          Forest Park
                          2:05 Museum St. Louis History Museum
                          2:45 Metro Forest Park -> CWE
                          Central West End
                          3:10 Bus #18 Taylor off McPherson
                          3:20 Bar Llywyn's
                          4:15 Bar Rosie's Place
                          5:10 Metro CWE -> Union Station
                          Union Station
                          5:30 Bar Union Station Lobby Bar
                          6:47 Metro Union Station -> Landing
                          Laclede's Landing
                          7:00 Shop Doctor John's
                          7:30 Bar Show Me's
                          8:50 Metro Landing -> Conv Center 6th
                          9:07 Bus Washington Ave @ 6th
                          #30 Soulard/#40 Broadway
                          off at Broadway & Russell
                          Soulard
                          9:30 Bar The Shanti
                          10:30 Bar 1860's Hardshell Cafe
                          11:30 Bar Molly's

                          http://new.mail.yahoo.com
                          Message 12 of 30 , Nov 30 5:17 PM
                            You better watch out  .. You better watch out!
                            You better watch out....... You better watch out.

                            This year you can be the Santa that pisses blue
                              http://cre.ations.net/creation/body-mod---turn-your-pee-blue
                            Thats right You can make your pee BLUE

                            #30 Soulard/#40 Broadway
                            off at Broadway & Russell

                            --
                            Those who stand for nothing fall for anything.
                            – Alexander Hamilton
                            Message 13 of 30 , Dec 1, 2006
                              HO HO uH-Oh! You better watch out, you better not cry,
                              you better not pout, I'm telling you why: Santarchy is
                              coming to town!

                              It's time for St. Louis' own version of the
                              time-honored tradition of Santarchy. "What is
                              Santarchy?" you say? Santarchy is better experienced
                              than explains, but I'll tell you this. Saturday
                              December 10th, all those with the affinity for the
                              FrEaKy, the curiosity of the CrAzY are invited to get
                              dressed up in a Santa Suit and come join us in a day
                              of celebration of and/or protestation to the holiday
                              season.

                              Dress as your own inner Santa and join us for an all
                              day march all around St. Louis spreading holiday cheer
                              and presents. Yes, presents too. If you come across
                              the Mob of Santa's on December 10th you will most
                              likely leave with a gift. Previous gifts have included
                              candy-canes, lumps of coal, mutant toys, vegetables,
                              special prizes, and many other twisted gifts for the
                              naughty and nice little boys and girls.

                              Santa's were heard incessantly chanting, "You better
                              Watch Out! You better Watch Out! You better Watch Out!
                              You better Watch Out!..." as they rampaged through the
                              city.

                              The Santa mob will convene in the University City
                              Loop, traverse via the MetroLink, a quick stop at the
                              History Museum, then onto the Central West End, on
                              through Union Station, stop off at Laclede's Landing
                              continuing and concluding in Soulard. It's a long
                              day, so wear comfortable shoes. Also, feel free to
                              join us anywhere along the route. The published
                              schedule will be reasonable enforced.

                              So get your Santa Suit on and come join us for StL
                              Santarchy 2005.

                              StL SANTARCHY 2006

                              December 9th, 2006

                              #30 Soulard/#40 Broadway
                              off at Broadway & Russell
                              Soulard
                              9:30 Bar The Shanti
                              10:30 Bar 1860's Hardshell Cafe
                              11:30 Bar Molly's

                              Cheap talk?
                              http://voice.yahoo.com
                              Message 14 of 30 , Dec 1, 2006

                                DECEMBER 9TH IS SATURDAY IN 2006 (THE 10TH WAS 2005).

                                Lohr – what color beard are you growing this year?

                                #30 Soulard/#40 Broadway
                                off at Broadway & Russell

                                Message 15 of 30 , Dec 1, 2006

                                  #30 Soulard/#40 Broadway